More jerks on the Bills equals more victories?

Iraq Vet

Last off-season, I was advocating signing talented jerks because we had a locker room of nice that were sub 500.... lovable team, yes.... good football team, NO! I don't want felons playing for the Bills, but talented jerks with a chip on their shoulder is fine with me.

Then we got Spikes who was way better then expected, then Darius and Hughes went drag racing and then had pro bowl years. Mike Williams was a jerk too, but flamed out. Turns out dirt bag, ego Marrone was a huge jerk. But we were 9-7!!!

This season.... Incognito is an ass, Percy Harvin another jerk. I think Shady has a a rep as kind of a jerk. Rex Ryan is awesome, but has a dangerously large ego. 9-7 to SUPER BOWL?

By the way how do we reactivate this post http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/166443-list-the-all-time-bills-jerks/

Yes it is my post... but we might have some additions. Who was that huge fullback accused of being a peeping tom and (I think) exposing himself? He was good. :pirate: I can not remember his name.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of douche bags myself.

If the team becomes a compilation of !@#$s then I'll stop watching and probably wont come back..

I use to support Seattle because I live out here and my co workers are seahawks fans, the team and fans were all humble... but after this last season I can't stand them. Taking a fake dump on a football, Lynch's pathetic inability to talk to the media, the constant trash talking mouth running etc.. is a huge huge turnoff. and NO winning would not make it better for me... I would only be embarrassed. Some of my co workers are embarrassed by their team.

Edited by ddaryl

Last off-season, I was advocating signing talented jerks because we had a locker room of nice that were sub 500.... lovable team, yes.... good football team, NO! I don't want felons playing for the Bills, but talented jerks with a chip on their shoulder is fine with me.

Then we got Spikes who was way better then expected, then Darius and Hughes went drag racing and then had pro bowl years. Mike Williams was a jerk too, but flamed out. Turns out dirt bag, ego Marrone was a huge jerk. But we were 9-7!!!

This season.... Incognito is an ass, Percy Harvin another jerk. I think Shady has a a rep as kind of a jerk. Rex Ryan is awesome, but has a dangerously large ego. 9-7 to SUPER BOWL?

By the way how do we reactivate this post http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/166443-list-the-all-time-bills-jerks/

Yes it is my post... but we might have some additions. Who was that huge fullback accused of being a peeping tom and (I think) exposing himself? He was good. :pirate: I can not remember his name.

I think Rex Ryan brings a trashy feel to this team. I really don't like it.

It's not that I think the players are necessarily worse people than those that have been here in the past (how much do we really know about ALL the players?), but these guys are already notorious. It's more the atmosphere Ryan creates, and who he attracts. It's not exactly "classy".

I'm expecting some embarrassing behavior at some point this season.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I think Rex Ryan brings a trashy feel to this team. I really don't like it.

It's not that I think the players are necessarily worse people than those that have been here in the past (how much do we really know about ALL the players?), but they are already notorious. It's more the atmosphere Ryan creates, and who he attracts. It's not exactly "classy".

this is football not ballet

if you want a team of good guys you will be disappointed that even the team of guys you think are nice guys are probably jerks.

win games and everyones a good guy for me. i hate that this team has been so bad. just win i don't care what it takes

I use to support Seattle because I live out here and my co workers are seahawks fans, the team and fans were all humble... but after this last season I can't stand them. Taking a fake dump on a football, Lynch's pathetic inability to talk to the media, the constant trash talking mouth running etc.. is a huge huge turnoff. and NO winning would not make it better for me... I would only be embarrassed. Some of my co workers are embarrassed by their team.

I would also toss in Lynch grabbing his you know what when scoring TDs.

Your experience is very similar to mine. I live in Seattle and moved here in 2004. In 2005 I was on the drumnline and bought in and was a big Hawks fan. That was a classy team with a monster O AND D and had class. Matt Hasselbeck, Sean Alexander, Joe Jurevicius, the Walrus, Ray Rhodes, Lofa Tatupu etc.

Then Pete Carrol came along and now the team has not class and are !@#$s. I now hate them and root against them every game they play except against Jets, Fish, and Patsies of course.

That said, I don't think if a guy is a nice guy or a creep has a ton to do with football. Some SB winners have been choir boys (Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, etc.) where others have been won by dirtbags (Big Ben, Lawrence Taylor, etc.).

I would also toss in Lynch grabbing his you know what when scoring TDs.

Your experience is very similar to mine. I live in Seattle and moved here in 2004. In 2005 I was on the drumnline and bought in and was a big Hawks fan. That was a classy team with a monster O AND D and had class. Matt Hasselbeck, Sean Alexander, Joe Jurevicius, the Walrus, Ray Rhodes, Lofa Tatupu etc.

Then Pete Carrol came along and now the team has not class and are !@#$s. I now hate them and root against them every game they play except against Jets, Fish, and Patsies of course.

That said, I don't think if a guy is a nice guy or a creep has a ton to do with football. Some SB winners have been choir boys (Roger Staubach, Bart Starr, etc.) where others have been won by dirtbags (Big Ben, Lawrence Taylor, etc.).

right on man. Moved out here in 1997. Live in Mt Vernon

I don't mind players with a past as long as they are learning from their mistakes. Some of these players are just chronic butt wipes and I can only stomach that for so long

Edited by ddaryl

Nice guys finish last I suppose. Buddy and Whaley since 2010 had pretty much been set on drafting and bringing in good character guys. Even the players with checkered pasts were pretty tame like Kiko (players who may have had a strike but turned it around for a long time). But Rex is more of a players coach and has shown a willingness to value talent above all in most cases. His tenure with the Jets was a quick ascension because he had an owner willing to spend and he and his GM did anything they could to bring in talent. But it flamed out because the win now at all costs put the team in a bad cap situation and once you start losing headcases start to really show.

My hope for the Bills is that they won't go too far in that direction. Bringing in Harvin and InCognito could work if the Bills keep the rest of the locker room good guys. Its always a better idea to try to incorporate a few problem guys into a good locker room then to just grab all the talent you can completely disregarding locker room fit.