More jerks on the Bills equals more victories?

Iraq Vet

Possibly the worst thread ever.

glad someone said it before I could....another in a long litany of inane off-season topics to drum up conversation -

now, about Rex's foot fetish thing..... B-)

Wow... I thought this would be just a fun thread..... Jerks with talent vs Good guys with talent vs good guys with little talent vs jerks with no talent. Not every post has to solve world hunger or cure cancer. :thumbsup: We are waiting for spring and the draft.....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I thought this would be just a fun thread..... Jerks with talent vs Good guys with talent vs good guys with little talent vs jerks with no talent. Not every post has to solve world hunger or cure cancer. :thumbsup: We are waiting for spring and the draft.....

agreed should been simple fun right ?

I think Rex Ryan brings a trashy feel to this team. I really don't like it.

It's not that I think the players are necessarily worse people than those that have been here in the past (how much do we really know about ALL the players?), but these guys are already notorious. It's more the atmosphere Ryan creates, and who he attracts. It's not exactly "classy".

I'm expecting some embarrassing behavior at some point this season.

I still have my scrapbook of my boyhood hero, O.J. Simpson. He sure seemed like a good guy.

Possibly the worst thread ever.

Atleast we know who loves the bills and who just wants to watch the lovable losers.

This team needs a starting QB. Until then, we are doomed at .500.

----Marrone was a great coach, he got the best out of our players. ----

Imo

Almost dropped my phone

I would agree. In fact, I think the general perception is that Eric Wood is one of those "good guys." My nephew, who is the type who gets along with just about everyone, went to high school with him. When the Bills drafted him, his comment to me was "not a fan." He made it clear he thinks Wood is a big time jerk. Wouldn't go into details...but for my nephew to act that way, I suspect he was not a very nice guy. I went to the University of Kentucky with Carwell Gardner...a great fullback during the Bills glory years. At Kentucky he played defense and was a walking 15 unnecessary roughness penalty and then got booted off the team for beating a kid with a vacuum cleaner pipe during a frat party. Oh yeah....and let's not forget the man who was the face of our franchise for a while...and generally considered to be a model citizen....one Orenthal James. You can't worry too much about liking a team because they are "good guys" because, for one thing, you just don't know....and for another...you watch them play football, not be citizens.

Lol you know what... now that i think of it. Some of these people talking about classy not trashy better not claim fandom during the glory years. Jim Kelly was a huge idiot. Thurman Thomas is to this day high and mighty Im better than you. Andre Reed. Dont get me started. Steve Tasker can be a real a** too.And thats only 4 couple them with your Gardner story, 5. And there are still 17 more players that could be added to this number... out of JUST STARTERS!!!! Im so tired of this good ol boys crap. It makes me sick!!!!

Tebow... great guy and super nice... not an NFL player. Lynch huge jerk.... all world talent.

Lol believe it or not... Marshawn actually isnt that bad. I was kind of shocked his mom is meaner than he is.

I'm not so concerned about whether the guys are d-bags. I'm more concerned about the undisciplined atmosphere that Ryan seems to create, and guys like Harvin and Incognito will only add to.

Ryan's Jets never made it to the Super Bowl, and were an undisciplined team. Lots of trash talking, and goofy behavior. Remember when Ryan had them go out for pizza or something, instead of practice before a Bills game? Many people here clowned him for it. That silly kickoff where TJ Graham laid down in the end zone? Not a big deal, but gimmicky, and somehow I associate that kind of whimsy with Rex Ryan.

The guy is clueless about offense (just like his dad, and they have had very similar careers) and QB development. I think he is too much of a "player's coach", which to me, means the d-bags are given more freedom to "express themselves", giving everyone a chance to see what jackasses they actually are.

I'm not so concerned about whether the guys are d-bags. I'm more concerned about the undisciplined atmosphere that Ryan seems to create, and guys like Harvin and Incognito will only add to.

Ryan's Jets never made it to the Super Bowl, and were an undisciplined team. Lots of trash talking, and goofy behavior. Remember when Ryan had them go out for pizza or something, instead of practice before a Bills game? Many people here clowned him for it. That silly kickoff where TJ Graham laid down in the end zone? Not a big deal, but gimmicky, and somehow I associate that kind of whimsy with Rex Ryan.

The guy is clueless about offense (just like his dad, and they have had very similar careers) and QB development. I think he is too much of a "player's coach", which to me, means the d-bags are given more freedom to "express themselves", giving everyone a chance to see what jackasses they actually are.

Could be why they brought in a guy like Roman, no? A HC candidate, one of the best offensive coordinators in the game, and Ryan is giving him complete autonomy and control on that side of the ball. A far better coordinator than he's ever had on the offensive side of the ball.

Also, you forgot to add your chief complaint about Ryan: he's "too white trash" for your tastes. :sick:

I think it is important to remember that HC's also do learn from mistakes as they go along......The Patriots HC is a perfect example of this......

It could very well be that Ryan now understand that the best thing he can do is let his OC and ST's guys do their jobs.....and he concentrate on what is his strength which is the D. Why in the world would Rex bring in a strong OC like Greg Roman if that was not going to be the case

As for the locker room.....we do have leaders in the locker room.......To me this is guys like Eric Wood, Kyle WIlliams, and Freddie Jackson

Is there any above average guys left out on the FA market that is a mean and tough leader. Someone that will kick ass if people get too far out of line?

Works well in hockey, you can be a jerk... but go to far and Zdeno Chára will slam you into a wall.

I think Kyle William might be that guy.

I think Rex Ryan brings a trashy feel to this team. I really don't like it.

It's not that I think the players are necessarily worse people than those that have been here in the past (how much do we really know about ALL the players?), but these guys are already notorious. It's more the atmosphere Ryan creates, and who he attracts. It's not exactly "classy".

I'm expecting some embarrassing behavior at some point this season.

What happens if our trash were to win a Super Bowl, would you change your mind?

Won't happen. With Ryan here, I expect the sum to be far less than the parts. Incognito will take penalties when we need plays and our quarterbacks are attrocious. Hey- at least we have a running back!

About what?

I will be happy if they win a Super Bowl, and certainly give Ryan a lot of credit...but I don't think that will happen. Gee, I guess I would have to "eat my words" or post an apology to all the trashy white dudes out there. I hope it happens.

About what?

I will be happy if they win a Super Bowl, and certainly give Ryan a lot of credit...but I don't think that will happen. Gee, I guess I would have to "eat my words" or post an apology to all the trashy white dudes out there. I hope it happens.

I'll take 'Doubling Down on Stupid' for 500, Alex. :wallbash:

If you had any class, you'd apologize before then.

I hope Roman makes a difference, but there have been MANY head coaches who favored one side of the ball too much, tried to compensate with hot shot coordinators, and failed.

Like Gailey and Wannstache

About what?

Speaking as trashy white person , i hope it happens too ! The super bowl i mean. :thumbsup: