[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to drop the tag as soon as they finalize Cameron, otherwise they're in cap hell.

This is great for Bills because they prove to Clay he's their top target and they aren't messing with a backup plan.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk 1m1 minute ago

In theory, TE Charles Clay could blow the Cameron-to-Miami deal up by signing the transition tender.

I have to believe he's just going to negotiate a deal with the fins now

If so, Pegs should bill him for the plane ride.

This is actually quite impressive. I didn't even know there were enough dolphin fans for an actual internet site. Plus, this one knows who Clay is, which is also quite surprising.

Not all of South Beach is Mojotos and marimbas. Sum of dems went two kallage!

Like they say nothing final till the ink dries, let's just hope we end up with clay at a non astrological number. If Cameron signs with Miami the browns will surely make a strong run at clay. Ugh

I have no idea whether it actually means anything, but Clay's first trip was to Buffalo. With any luck, that is where he would prefer to be.

The Bills are likely going to try to outbid most everyone. He fits our offense perfectly. Not a classic TE. I like our chances now a lot. He could sign with Browns or mystery team but we have a lot to offer him

I like our chances too not that we can offer a traditional contract. We can give it our best shot without worrying about reaching a certain level for this year.

we obviously want Clay - but i think Clive Walford - projected as a 2nd rounder - can be another great NFL TE from the U.. so even if Clay goes elsewhere, there's that..

consider this as a PSA to keep fans from climbing out on the ledge when Fins drop the tag and the feeding frenzy on Clay begins

If the Fins remove the tag on Clay, that would open things up a bit more for the Browns to come in and make a play for him. They'd probably be pissed and eager to grab him.