WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One year deal (on the cheap) with a player option for next year sounds good to me. Make it clear he's primarily a return guy and to not expect to have a 1,000 yard receiving season (as if he's ever done it, anyway).

Ugh. If you want to just be a standard receiver without the gadgetry playing with an established franchise QB - why even take the visit?

to show that he was a good boy last year and Rex wanting to sign him proves that

She sounds like a legitimate source. Interesting. Wonder what the Bills would tell him knowing Watkins and Woods are entrenched at WR, and if he would be content as the #3.

The Bills would tell him that Sammy will be the one catching bubble screens and he can play the slot :D

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

She sounds like a legitimate source. Interesting. Wonder what the Bills would tell him knowing Watkins and Woods are entrenched at WR, and if he would be content as the #3.

Edit: and if her reporting is accurate, Rex must not have "lied to him" last year, because otherwise why would he visit the Bills?

the problem with Harvin's thought process is that he really hasnt shown in his last 2 stops that he can be a traditional WR successfully and is best utilized as a gadget guy. I know for sure GB won't need him as a traditional WR. The pats would find a way to use him, as would the bills, but he would need to earn his way to that role. Watkins and woods are A+ route runners.

Edit: and if her reporting is accurate, Rex must not have "lied to him" last year, because otherwise why would he visit the Bills?

i dont know if you sign harvin if woods is ENTRENCHED at #2. Id guess we would have a pretty heavy rotation with the 3.

and to the "lies" part - hard to say. harvin could take the visit simply to be able to say "see! I didnt cause trouble for the jets!" and still only have us late in his list of options... its an interesting spot.

Percy may not like that, but I do.

If he walks out the chances of him coming here decrease greatly. Give him something that is hard to walk away from and try to make him make a decision. Hopefully he signs it but if not you move on. You can always make another offer if he comes back later and you really want him. I just wouldn't let him take my offer to NE and say "this is what is on the table."

If he walks out the chances of him coming here decrease greatly. Give him something that is hard to walk away from and try to make him make a decision. Hopefully he signs it but if not you move on. You can always make another offer if he comes back later and you really want him. I just wouldn't let him take my offer to NE and say "this is what is on the table."

Agreed

I hope you're right. I also hope he gets over being asked to do jet sweeps, bubble screens, and kick returns.

yep - I get that he wants it do more than that but we have IMO some very good talent at WR and I wouldn't lie to him if I'm the bills. I would just say - you could get the opportunity to do more but you need to show that you will excel at that aspect of the position. Leave the door open but no guarantees.