WR Percy Harvin's first visit is with Bills

Punch

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very much hope we don't sign Harvin, and even bringing him in for a visit is puzzling to me. With the big money (for a FB) signing of Felton, plus Roman's history in SF, it seemed like we were going to be using a FB at least 50% of the time, meaning 2 (or 1) WRs on the field at least 50% of the time. I don't see how that fits with signing a slot WR type like Harvin. It would be nice to have *some* size at the WR position, especially now that Chandler's been cut. Even if we get Clay, he's on the small side for a TE, and not the best red zone threat. Watkins allegedly plays bigger than his size (I haven't seen a ton of that yet, but I didn't watch him in college), but his actual size is still pretty much average for an NFL WR. Woods is on the small side, and so is Harvin. Hogan is about average. Goodwin is tiny and would presumably be cut in camp if we sign Harvin. That practice squad guy we signed to a futures contract is big, but does anyone think he'll actually play in the red zone?

I've never been all that impressed with Harvin in any case. His highlight reels are awesome, and I think that's caused a lot of people (including NFL decision-makers) to overrate him. I'm sick of hearing about how certain guys are "a threat to score on any play". As though if we collect enough of them, one of them will score on every play! How about we address the line a little bit, instead of signing more skill position players who will play <50% of the snaps?

^^if it's any consolation, i don't think we get Harvin. if he's smart he will use our interest to garner other interest, such as in New England where he could possibly put up big numbers and turn that into a big contract next year

Harvin was run out of town at his last stop for being too disruptive and a bad actor. He wore out his welcome doing this stuff in SEATTLE of all places. Think about that for a few minutes ...

His last stop was with our HC. For over half the season. That's why he came here, because he likes Rex and our WR coach, which were his coaches at his last stop.

The Patriots just re-structured Amendolas deal on a 3 year contract. With Edelman there, where exactly would Harvin play? Hard to believe they would play basically three slot receivers but they do crazy stuff there.

Not to mention - they also signed Brandon Gibson on Tuesday.

Here's hoping they were recommitting to Amendola and not clearing up space for Harvin.

His last stop was with our HC. For over half the season. That's why he came here, because he likes Rex and our WR coach, which were his coaches at his last stop.

2nd to last stop. Sue me.

And what exactly did he do for the Jets? Both times we played the Jets Harvin was shut down.

Not impressed.

you do realize I was speaking specifically to those players and their outcome as patriots, correct?

Still smarting from the beat down that Florida put on a very overconfident buckeye team and bucknut nation? (football and basketball)

Yes, as a player, Hernandez was a total failure.....check! I would love a few players from any university that fail so horribly. And as i recall, Spikes wasn't a failure, he just didn't fit in with the Patriot way.

Edited by Garranimal

And what exactly did he do for the Jets? Both times we played the Jets Harvin was shut down.

Not impressed.

I'm jumping in here.

Jordy Nelson was shut down when we played him, do you not want him? So was Aaron Rodgers, are you "not impressed?"

Geno threw 3 picks in 2 minutes against us, is judging his WR really fair?

Not impressed.

To be fair, the first game against the Jets was immediately after the trade went through, Harvin barely had time to move, let alone learn the system/playbook/ etc. I'm not sure that's much of a barometer.

Plus, the Bills kind of had a good defense last year.

Still smarting from the beat down that Florida put on a very overconfident buckeye team and bucknut nation? (football and basketball)

Yes, as a player, Hernandez was a total failure.....check! I would love a few players from any university that fail so horribly. And as i recall, Spikes wasn't a failure, he just didn't fit in with the Patriot way.

what on earth does it have to do with the nc game in 2006?

Yes the outcome of Hernandez was a failure. I am not sure how it could be looked at any other way, I'm sorry.

Spikes was a 2nd rd draft pick who bill didn't offer another contract

Edited by YoloinOhio

To be fair, the first game against the Jets was immediately after the trade went through, Harvin barely had time to move, let alone learn the system/playbook/ etc. I'm not sure that's much of a barometer.

Plus, the Bills kind of had a good defense last year.

For serious

How can we guage harvin's ability on how he played us.....

Our D is friggen studly