Cutler still might be available

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just afraid of Cassel. I can either see thing going extremely right or horribly wrong. I understand what the front office is trying to do I just think that McCoy will average Freddy Jackson numbers without a gapping hole to run though.Cutler has his good games and bad games but has a lot more accurate are than anything we have seen here in a while.I think he would have more weapons than Chicago did last year for sure.

It will be interesting to see what happens next week, when about $10 million of Cutler's salary becomes guaranteed. That's when they either commit to him or cut him. I think it's on Tuesday.

Edit: It's actually when the $10 million becomes guaranteed for the 2016 season, so if they pay it that means they are committing to him for the next two seasons...

Edited by Rubes

All of our running backs combined averaged what McCoy did last season. Wedidnt really need to make this epic trade when there are more pressing matters. If they could pull off the McCoy trade I think if they tried a little harder they could have brought in a middle of the road qb.

I guess my biggest thing is why woul d we bolster up our receivers with draft picks and and money only to watch it waste away with a quarterback like cassel. I think would should have done much better.

Welcome to the board.

Would/should have done much better for the past umpteen years. If the Bills wait to develop a QB then the defense is wasted. By the time they get it right they'll be rebuilding that side of the ball IMO. That leaves them with stopgap QBs while they (hopefully) continue to draft them until they find their guy.

I'm just afraid of Cassel. I can either see thing going extremely right or horribly wrong. I understand what the front office is trying to do I just think that McCoy will average Freddy Jackson numbers without a gapping hole to run though.Cutler has his good games and bad games but has a lot more accurate are than anything we have seen here in a while.I think he would have more weapons than Chicago did last year for sure.

so it could go either way?