Cutler still might be available

Rex never had to deal with anybody with Cutler's attitude either, you're sorely mistaken if you think Ryan would let Cutler get away with that.

So you were just making it up?

Let me know what other Pro Bowl QB's are available.

Andy Dalton?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just afraid of Cassel. I can either see thing going extremely right or horribly wrong. I understand what the front office is trying to do I just think that McCoy will average Freddy Jackson numbers without a gapping hole to run though.Cutler has his good games and bad games but has a lot more accurate are than anything we have seen here in a while.I think he would have more weapons than Chicago did last year for sure.

Ixx, never fear. The reason our FO went with Cassel is the same reason you don't have to. They feel they understand what he needs to go right and will position him to succeed. After looking carefully at his record and when/why he succeeded or didn't I feel confident in this.

You are right, though, that McCoy will not do well without a strong blocking OL. That's why we need to put our cap money to work on beefing up the OL, not on bringing in Cutler.

I hope not... I was just showing Pro Bowl means NOTHING. You know who doesn't care about Buffalo? Jay "I don't care about anything Cutler.

Unlike the guys who really cared about Buffalo like, Byrd, Hughes, Peters, Spiller, etc etc etc etc.

Caring about the town or area doesn't matter and never has.

Rex never had to deal with anybody with Cutler's attitude either, you're sorely mistaken if you think Ryan would let Cutler get away with that.

So you were just making it up?

Let me know what other Pro Bowl QB's are available.

Making up what?? What does a pro bowl QB mean in this day and age? If Cutler was a pro bowl QB, it was because a real pro bowl QB couldn't play

Making up what?? What does a pro bowl QB mean in this day and age? If Cutler was a pro bowl QB, it was because a real pro bowl QB couldn't play

Wrong. Cutler had a great year when he made the Pro-Bowl.

Also, you claimed that Rex wouldn't put up with Cutler, then claimed that he never dealt with a player like Cutler. So you had no basis for your original claim. So you made it up.

Wrong. Cutler had a great year when he made the Pro-Bowl.

Also, you claimed that Rex wouldn't put up with Cutler, then claimed that he never dealt with a player like Cutler. So you had no basis for your original claim. So you made it up.

Who in this league acted anything like Cutler has? Oh yeah, Jeff George. Cutler lacks ANY and I mean ANY KIND of leadership skill. You're gonna tell me that's not a factor for the QB position? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Cutler has pissed off other coaches. What basis do you need exactly? Cutler is the BIGGEST joke of a pro football player I've ever seen outside of Jeff George. 3800 yards 28 TDs 18 INTs with 9 fumbles, how much of those TDs and yards came in garbage time? Whaley's not that stupid to either pick up his contract or sign him just to watch him act like an ass and play like garbage.

I don't see why he wouldn't excel in a ground and pound offense. It would just have to be at the right price.

As someone who likes Cutler, I have to point out, the rumor about this past season was that he was "going rouge" on Trestman....he just refused to execute the offense the way Trestman wanted him to. He has a ton of talent, and I would love to get him in Buffalo at the right price...but he does come with some baggage...he believes in his arm, I am not sure that handing the ball off 40-45 times a game, with 15 pass attempts is in his DNA.

Edited by Buftex

Who in this league acted anything like Cutler has? Oh yeah, Jeff George. Cutler lacks ANY and I mean ANY KIND of leadership skill. You're gonna tell me that's not a factor for the QB position? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Cutler has pissed off other coaches. What basis do you need exactly? Cutler is the BIGGEST joke of a pro football player I've ever seen outside of Jeff George. 3800 yards 28 TDs 18 INTs with 9 fumbles, how much of those TDs and yards came in garbage time? Whaley's not that stupid to either pick up his contract or sign him just to watch him act like an ass and play like garbage.

I'm sure all the TD's came in garbage time and none of those interceptions did.

Who would you rather have? A great leader with horrific talent, or a horrific leader with great talent?

Let me know.

As someone who likes Cutler, I have to point out, the rumor about this past season was that he was "going rouge" on Trestman....he just refused to execute the offense the way Trestman wanted him to. He has a ton of talent, and I would love to get him in Buffalo at the right price...but he does come with some baggage...he believes in his arm, I am not sure that handing the ball off 40-45 times a game, with 15 pass attempts is in his DNA.

Actually, it's the opposite. Cutler was refusing to check out of runs. He wanted to run the ball more and pass less. He knew that he shouldn't throw 50 times a game like Trestman wanted.

Trestman was Chan Gailey with better offensive weapons. He's loony.

Edited by FireChan

Quick, name a time Rex hasn't "tolerated somebody." Also, name a time Wood got in any non-rookie's face.

I can save you the trouble. You can't.

Even so, Ryan and Wood would both change their tunes after the first deep bomb to Sammy for a TD.

And then have just as quick of a turnaround after one of his classic meltdowns with the game on the line...

No.

I don't like Cutler, but I also don't like the c*@# coming out of Chicago where his coaches and ex-coaches are ripping him anonymously:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/a-whole-lot-of-jay-cutlers-ex-coaches-are-ripping-him-anonymously/

That's chicken B.S. IMO if you have something to say in your profession, sign your name.

I hope we aren't harboring anyone on the Bills current staff who is part of this

Haha. Why do people think he is good still? It's hilarious. 1 playoff berth and barely over a .500 record.

No.

I don't like Cutler, but I also don't like the c*@# coming out of Chicago where his coaches and ex-coaches are ripping him anonymously:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/04/a-whole-lot-of-jay-cutlers-ex-coaches-are-ripping-him-anonymously/

That's chicken B.S. IMO if you have something to say in your profession, sign your name.

I hope we aren't harboring anyone on the Bills current staff who is part of this

Urlacher signed his name to it. http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11749420&city=chicago&src=desktop

I get your point of it was anyone but Cutler. He was a dbag in Denver and he's a dbag in Chicago. He shoved his own lineman in the back. He's a terrible leader and is the most overrated player in the NFL.

But the good thing is Jay don't care.