Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Cassel throwing the ball and Shady running the ball behind an improved line in a Rex Roman offense?

Combined with a Top Ten ST unit and a Top Five defensive unit.

Life could be worse.

I'd still like to see us acquire another offensive lineman or two, and a TE.

Btw, Cassel's career QB rating is about the same as Orton's and higher than Sanchez's.

Yeah. I wanted Moore. But didn't want Hoyer or Sanchez. We need a vet that can handle the ball and get it downfield.

Cassel went 6-14 in the 1994 LLWS, and his team won it all. So he has championship experience.

Edited by dave mcbride

Cheap ish

@JaySkurski: Matt Cassel has one year left on his contract at $4.75M. That leaves the #Bills with $12.833M of cap space to take into free agency.

Won't be much left IF they are trying to sign Hughes as well.

Hate having to give up any picks at all - at least with FA garbage QB you're not giving anything up

cassel was a likely cut, and has 1 year on his contract. id be shocked by "3rd or 4th at the worst" and think we are looking at a 4th as the highest.

Given what we traded for Bryce Brown and Mike Williams, would a 3rd or a 4th shock you?

Why give up draft picks when he is no better than FAs out there? We could use those picks to get linemen to develop. I am not liking this move much. Hopefully, the picks are below round 4.

Maybe the Bills think he is better then other FA's out there? And it's no guarantee that you will sign the FA you want.

Meh. I'm fine with it--depending on what draft picks they gave up. I actually think I prefer Cassel to many of the other options that were/are available.

Cheap ish

@JaySkurski: Matt Cassel has one year left on his contract at $4.75M. That leaves the #Bills with $12.833M of cap space to take into free agency.

That cap number seems off.

Cassel does nothing for me, but it's tough judging without knowing what picks. Is it too much to hope we traded our 2 5ths for Cassel and the Vikings 4th?