Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady was the best player on the Eagles for the last 5 years and has missed just 6 games in 6 years. Was Kiko the best player on the Bills two years ago? thats questionable, and has missed 16 games in 2 seasons. Not even really debatable.

cmon dude put down the pipe. McCoy is still an elite running back. ELITE. the entire offense can go through McCoy. EJ doesn't have to throw the ball 40 times a game he just has to make a few throws downfield when defenses start stacking the box because McCoy is gashing them. It's simple ball control football and with our defense this is a winning formula. Boobie Dixon has heart and may prove to be a great goal line back but you can't compare the two.

Huge upgrade to the Bills running game! He's so much better in all facets of the game then CJ will ever be. I was looking forward to seeing Kiko in this defense. But it the rumors are true about him no wanting to be in Buffalo, it's a great trade. I don't buy the rumors though...

Horrible trade. You just traded a 23-year old potential star linebacker for a running back wiith significant tread-wear.

How many times do we have to re-set this? Running backs (even very good ones) are a dime a dozen in the NFL. It is extremely foolish to trade away an important piece of your team for a RB. Very disappointing.

Edited by mannc

that its so debatable lends itself to the idea that it was atleast FAIR. it could easily end up leaning one way or the other in hindsight but limited to foresight i think youd be hardpressed to say either side truly ran away with it.

Horrible trade. You just traded a 23-year old potential star linebacker for a running back wiith significant tread-wear.

How many times do we have to re-set this? Running backs (even very good ones) are a dime a dozen in the NFL. It is extremely foolish to trade away an important piece of your team for a RB. Very disappointing.

you say RB are a dime a dozen but remind me how premium ILB in a 34 is? its not like kiko was a pass rusher, corner, LT or QB

And they're both full of insufferable yankees, so I guess you have a point.

Insufferable are we? May I politely suggest that if you hate us so much, maybe you should seek your entertainment elsewhere.

I could not disagree more.

Its KIKO in a horrific landslide.

McCoy is a small back who has played 6 years. He is already on the decline and RB is the most plug-and-play position in the league. Give any old bum an OL that opens holes and he will get yards.

Based on what? Kiko was productive for about half of his rookie season, then got hurt and didn't play. Second major knee injury by the way. Shady is one of the top 3 RB's in the league since he was drafted. Those are facts my friend, not opinions. What is your assessment based on? 1/2 of a rookie season. Must be because after that Alonso was nothing special.

#TheLegendofKikoAlonso was fun, but I find it amusing that folks are already measuring him up for a jacket and bust in Canton.

For the next 2-3 years the Bills got much better. It remains to be seen if Chip Kelly's grand "bring Oregon to the NFL" experiment will succeed or fail.

the only real issue I see in the trade is the cap $. If that can be adjusted to the avg of very good RB's then its a great trade.

#TheLegendofKikoAlonso was fun, he had a great rookie year. time will tell how this actually works out.

unless the Iggles sign a VG RB, they lose out big time

Based on what? Kiko was productive for about half of his rookie season, then got hurt and didn't play. Second major knee injury by the way. Shady is one of the top 3 RB's in the league since he was drafted. Those are facts my friend, not opinions. What is your assessment based on? 1/2 of a rookie season. Must be because after that Alonso was nothing special.

and Sammy was productive for about a bit more than half of his rookie season.

It's called game planning based on game film!

the only real issue I see in the trade is the cap $. If that can be adjusted to the avg of very good RB's then its a great trade.

its already pretty close to qualifying as that. his cap hit puts him 2nd this year (pre marshawn and demarco, but peterson is 1st and likely wont stay there), 4th next year, and 3rd the year after (and note that plenty of new deal will come between now and 3 years from now)

you say RB are a dime a dozen but remind me how premium ILB in a 34 is? its not like kiko was a pass rusher, corner, LT or QB

It's a fair point, but Kiko is younger, has a much lower salary and showed flashes of being a highly dynamic defensive player in his rookie year.

McCoy doesn't want to be here. he will half @$$ it this year knowing he's going to get his $11 mil either way. this trade makes no sense to me if the guy who you are planning to be the focal point of your offense isn't going to be trying

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/lesean_mccoy_reportedly_not_happy_about_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

McCoy doesn't want to be here. he will half @$$ it this year knowing he's going to get his $11 mil either way. this trade makes no sense to me if the guy who you are planning to be the focal point of your offense isn't going to be trying

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/03/lesean_mccoy_reportedly_not_happy_about_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

Maybe the trades aren't done. What teams need a RB and willing to give up a QB? Would Shady be happy to go to Washington or to the G-Men for a little revenge?

so the guy with no guaranteed money is now willing to coast and put a bad year on his near 30 resume?

Under previous regimes I'm not so sure this would have been a good deal for the Bills, but if they get McCoy and use him like a fature back and do't just give him 10-12 carries a game, I think McCoy will produce.

I think Spiller could have produced as well, but it's hard when they give a guy 8 carries in the first half then fall behind and abandon the run in favor of 40 passes in the second half - no back is going to put up good numbers like that. They say Rex and Roman want to pound the ball, so if they do and McCoy is truly a feature back I think this a good deal for Buffalo (oh, and the Bills have to get a pair of guards who are starting caliber NFL guys as well).

Under previous regimes I'm not so sure this would have been a good deal for the Bills, but if they get McCoy and use him like a fature back and do't just give him 10-12 carries a game, I think McCoy will produce.

I think Spiller could have produced as well, but it's hard when they give a guy 8 carries in the first half then fall behind and abandon the run in favor of 40 passes in the second half - no back is going to put up good numbers like that. They say Rex and Roman want to pound the ball, so if they do and McCoy is truly a feature back I think this a good deal for Buffalo (oh, and the Bills have to get a pair of guards who are starting caliber NFL guys as well).

The knock on Spiller coming out of college was that he wasn't a workhorse back. Even during his best season under Chan, this was proven true as he split carries with Fred. McCoy is a workhorse back. He's a combination of the best of Fred and CJ. I have a feeling that the Bills rivals are much more worried facing McCoy than they were facing Spiller (or Alonzo, for that matter).

Withou an offensive line McCoy will be wasted. Now we have to get Iupati and another rt tackle

who say they won't

They have been aggressive so far this off-season.

They don't have to pay CJ now and might not pay Hughes. They will get the players for Ground and Pound.

You seem to do say anything just so you can hate on the Bills.

nope love this team with all of my heart. hate seeing them make dumb decisions based on a big player name rather than what's best for the team. thanks though

im glad you are so familiar with him. unless you can back up that statement with anything substantial, it seems like worry for the sake of creating worry.

just letting everyone know what the rumors are. if we waited until everything came out in the press then this site wouldn't be much fun. as per the rumors and his agent he has no plans on reporting to Buffalo any time in the near future. i'm not sure why they wouldn't reach out to his people and see if he was ok with this before agreeing to the trade. sounds like a bad situation for everybody

just letting everyone know what the rumors are.

Here you go. Shady doesnt want to come here, from "a source close to McCoy" which = McCoy

the source said, per Anderson, that McCoy is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03/will_lesean_mccoy_block_a_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

Edited by maddenboy

just letting everyone know what the rumors are. if we waited until everything came out in the press then this site wouldn't be much fun. as per the rumors and his agent he has no plans on reporting to Buffalo any time in the near future. i'm not sure why they wouldn't reach out to his people and see if he was ok with this before agreeing to the trade. sounds like a bad situation for everybody

Apparently we intend on softening the blow with stacks of cash

mccoy is not happy is a mile away from "shady will do everything he can including sitting out or tanking a season"

the latter of which is only a rumor coming from you.

Shady hands down for me, seems like everyone forgets that the run D ranked 28th with Kiko as the MLB and stopping the run is a MLB first responsibility plus I don't really remember him making many big plays after the first few weeks of the season heck his best game was week 2 against Carolina. I want to see a rookie improve during the year the way Preston Brown did, he didn't seem to hit a wall and got better as the year went along. Kiko seemed to disappear and don't give me tackle numbers because those are just compiled stats not impact stats.

mccoy is not happy is a mile away from "shady will do everything he can including sitting out or tanking a season"

the latter of which is only a rumor coming from you.

Which would be absolutely the worst decision, considering he isn't getting any younger.

Here you go. Shady doesnt want to come here, from "a source close to McCoy" which = McCoy

the source said, per Anderson, that McCoy is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03/will_lesean_mccoy_block_a_trade_to_buffalo_bills.html

The report is a bunch of BS, the whole "he's only ever played football in Pennsylvania..." is a lie, he played prep football at Milford Academy, which is in New York.

and now there's this:

@Jeff_McLane: Last night was obv not best for LeSean McCoy, but despite not being initially thrilled about trade he's now "ready to move on," per source.

Which running back on our team right now is as good as Shady? Zero.

Which linebacker on our team right now is as good as Kiko? Hard to say, they contributed to a top 5 defense last year without him.

Nigel Bradham is better. So is Mario Williams. Hopefully Jerry Hughes too.

Shady in the short term (2 seasons maybe), Kiko in the long term.

Shady has a massive amount of touches on his back and will be 27 going into the season (626 the past two seasons and that's not even counting receptions). At that age, coming off that sort of workload, he has maybe 1 or 2 more seasons of playing at a high level. The Bills will possibly have to restructure/extend his contract to make him happy, leaving us on the hook with a bad cap contract long after he's fallen off the RB age/carry cliff.

I'd like this trade and be all in for the short term...if we had a QB and could make a run at the super bowl. With our QB situation, we're not winning a super bowl in the next 1 or 2 seasons. Rex Ryan may believe we can but he's under the delusion that a team today can win it all with ground and pound with a game manager (bad) QB. I know there's little options at QB right now, but it still doesn't feel right investing this much in a RB with a lot of tread on him, then end up regretting what we're paying him after his play inevitably falls off, when we're not a RB away from being a super bowl contender.

Edited by earthtobrint

Are we seriously debating the value of a LINEBACKER who's had two knee surgeries, a hip surgery and who won't have taken a snap in 21 months vs. a 27 year old RB who had more yards in his "down year" than a Buffalo Bill has had since TRAVIS !@#$ING HENRY!?

Kiko all the way. Since we're going 3-4, we could have used him badly. I love people saying how we got better without him. Gonna be a different defensive scheme this year folks, and you need LB's by the bucket in the 3-4. I hope I'm dead wrong and will have to eat the crow later. But until then, I'm not liking this trade.

bills will swing hard for David Harris, who is the quarterback of the Rex D. ive hated harris for years as he always seems to make good plays against us. solid tackler. hes 31, so has a couple good years left in him. hes started very game for the Jests since 2009. he was high on my list b4 this trade went down

Are we seriously debating the value of a LINEBACKER who's had two knee surgeries, a hip surgery and who won't have taken a snap in 21 months vs. a 27 year old RB who had more yards in his "down year" than a Buffalo Bill has had since TRAVIS !@#$ING HENRY!?

didnt kiko have a shoulder surgery too? as a LB that can be a big one.

in 3 yrs Kiko will be a pro-bowl LB and McCoy will not be on this team and probably not even in the NFL. it's a legitimate reaction to be upset. if they are trying to win now then fine but it's not as one-sided as you seem to think

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-03-03/lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-eagles-bills-nfl-trade-analysis-rex-ryan-chip-kelly-buffalo-philadelphia

in 3 yrs Kiko will be a pro-bowl LB and McCoy will not be on this team and probably not even in the NFL. it's a legitimate reaction to be upset. if they are trying to win now then fine but it's not as one-sided as you seem to think

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-03-03/lesean-mccoy-kiko-alonso-eagles-bills-nfl-trade-analysis-rex-ryan-chip-kelly-buffalo-philadelphia

i hadn't realized we had a time traveler in our midst, boys.

And in three years both teams will have 50% different rosters, and chances are very, very good we're still going to have a great defense with Rex as our coach.

When you put it like that, it makes it very clear how much of an idiot Doug Whaley really is.

The Bills had one of the best defenses in football without Kiko. That's a very clear indication that Kiko was/is expendable. McCoy is expensive, but we need a 1a running back and he is one of the best in football. Not sure why people don't like this trade. The team has sucked forever. Now they are making bold moves and taking chances. I like the change in mentality I'm seeing at One Bills Drive. Maybe we'll srike out, but we're at least swinging for the fences.