Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind I was in the camp of Kiko being somewhat overhyped but giving up a starter for the running back position and with a huge salary on top of that. Whaley has gone full derp. Are these stories true of him not wanting to come here? That would be icing on the cake.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Kiko all the way. Since we're going 3-4, we could have used him badly. I love people saying how we got better without him. Gonna be a different defensive scheme this year folks, and you need LB's by the bucket in the 3-4. I hope I'm dead wrong and will have to eat the crow later. But until then, I'm not liking this trade.

I love Kiko but he got completely overrated by Bills fans. You are the biggest homer in the world if you think he is close to McCoy's level.

Kiko all the way. Since we're going 3-4, we could have used him badly. I love people saying how we got better without him. Gonna be a different defensive scheme this year folks, and you need LB's by the bucket in the 3-4. I hope I'm dead wrong and will have to eat the crow later. But until then, I'm not liking this trade.

Yeah, our defense really struggled with Kiko last year. Oh wait, they got better.

But what does this Rex fellow know about defense?

Internet crow... taste so good it doesn't really exist.

Folks who pick Kiko need to watch him against the run. For instance, see the 80 yard td run TB had against us. This happened all the time.

Good player who became overrated playing behind the best defensive line in the NFL. And now he is coming off his 2nd major knee injury.

After time to digest I think McCoy makes sense for the next two years. In 5-7 years I could regret it though.

Agreed. Kiko was an absolute gem in the 2nd round. I do not like this trade at all. Especially with a 12M cap hit.

Edited by DirtDart

I assume I should give the FO the benefit of the doubt, but right now it doesn't make sense to me. I think McCoy could add more this year, but he also brings a huge cap hit and a shorter career span.

Nailed it.

For me it's about cost-production ratio. The monetary cost + losing Kiko means a lot of resources are invested in McCoy. Conversely, Kiko produces a LOT at a low cost. Now, if he doesn't come back fully from the injury, maybe that's a little bit different.

I don't understand, if they had the money, why they wouldn't throw it at Murray and keep Kiko. This seems at the very least to be a move that could have waited till FA opened, so they could test those waters.

Too many people are forgetting how well Kiko Diagnosed and broke down plays as a rookie.... player's with that instinctual gift can play on two bad knees.... Ask Charles Woodsen.... I am simply looking at this as the draft is deepest at ILB and the talent falling to #50 would normally be lower 1st round talent in most years... so we can "easily" get back a player of Kiko's potential in the draft this year but we cannot draft a player of Shady's level at #50

I still wish we traded Kiko for a QB like Glennon....

Agreed. Kiko was an absolute gem in the 2nd round. I do not like this trade at all. Especially with a 12M cap hit.

He was until he tore his ACL... Again. Then he wasn't even part of an elite defense. The Bills offense was horrible last year and they just upgraded the offense without downgrading the defense.