Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with this team and RBs?

This is a deep draft were we could have gotten a great back and we already spent this years 4rth on a phily back. So we trade one of our standout players who is only going to get better for a back that already has 6 yrs in the league and doesn't even fit our ground and pound philosophy,

MORONS!!!

I think i'm going to start a Mario for Gabbert thread. :wallbash:

This is where I am. Knowing what we were without Kiko, knowing our biggest problem is offense, knowing that CJ isn't in the mix, knowing Kiko has now had two major knee injuries and not knowing about this Kiko didn't want to be here crap, and finally after hear Willie McGinest or Solomon or someone say on NFL network that the Bills are scarier after this, I have come to the decision that I am in fact down with this. All in balls move. Kudo's Doug Whaley. Not afraid to make a statement and I like that.

Side note, does this get us some primetime action? I think it does!

Where is this Kiko didn't want to be hear? He had a great year in the same defense, I can't believe he wouldn't want to come back and work with one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL History.

What is with this team and RBs?

This is a deep draft were we could have gotten a great back and we already spent this years 4rth on a phily back. So we trade one of our standout players who is only going to get better for a back that already has 6 yrs in the league and doesn't even fit our ground and pound philosophy,

MORONS!!!

I think i'm going to start a Mario for Gabbert thread. :wallbash:

It's 2015. RBs out of college typically lack pass protection skills. The Bills have a 3 down back that can pass protect now, not a rookie that needs a few years to "get it". Spiller after all this time still doesn't "get it" when it comes to pass protection.

AS much as I like Kiko and thought he would be a great addition this year, it does make sense. McCoy over the last four years has been the best RB in the NFL. Why? AP was out a season, Murray has been great but fumbles moreso. We had a crap offense, and we won't have a Tom Brady at QB. Matt Moore could be serviceable, for example, but the offense will work with a great running game, and I have no doubt the defense willbe fantastic with Rex.

So, an other point is Kiko in the 3-4 was a middle linebacker two years ago. He's meant for the Wil in a 4-3 covering TE, etc.He's an excellent LB, but when the Guards came out in space he couldn't get past them, and we were run on two years ago. McCoy, can be a difference maker on this offense.

I don't think we're done. I believe Rex wants to make an impact and will pick up at a minimum a Guard, and possibly a TE in free agency. We know the big names, and with a solid line, an athletic TE, and an average QB, we can still contend against the Pats.

players not happy with coming to a team, happens all the time, seems to me at one time Jim Kelly didn't want to play for the Bills, so you never know, as for Kiko, he will do well where ever he plays, as long as he can remain healthy, who knows the bigger picture may be to use him as part of a 1st round draft pick swap, time like always will be the judge on how good a deal this was or was not

But we take the cap hit with McCoy. We could have spent that money elsewhere and make multiple improvements. Dixon could fill the same role as a bruising north/south type runner.

Bills have plenty of money to make multiple improvements... "We could have spent that money elsewhere" yea they spent SOME on a RB which was a dire need for the Bills. Not just any RB one of the best in the league.

Edited by Beef Jerky

This is a no brainer. We are getting one of the most talented and productive RB in the league for a guy that didn't play and wasn't even missed last year. I would do this deal 100 out of 100 times.

Running backs are a dime a dozen and last about as long as a dozen doughnuts. Giving up a linebacker with Alonzo's talent is only Bills logic.

Yes giving up a LB who was productive for 1/2 of his rookie season and didn't play last year for one of the most talented and productive backs in the league makes no sense at all. IF YOU'RE THE EAGLES.

McCoy can run inside, pick up blitzes and catch passes out of the backfield and his vision is exceptional. He's everything spiller isn't and he's got spillers elite acceleration and elusiveness. So it's easy to see why he was an acquisition target to upgrade rb, knowing the current state of rb.

Kiko seemed exceptional in four games, then dropped off. His 2013 performance resulted in him getting moved to an outside lb for 2014, drafting Preston brown and picking up spikes.

It might be a case off selling high and trading an empty unfulfilled legend for a 3 time probowler. Head to head its a win for buffalo as much as I initially scratched my head.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

But we take the cap hit with McCoy. We could have spent that money elsewhere and make multiple improvements. Dixon could fill the same role as a bruising north/south type runner.

cmon dude put down the pipe. McCoy is still an elite running back. ELITE. the entire offense can go through McCoy. EJ doesn't have to throw the ball 40 times a game he just has to make a few throws downfield when defenses start stacking the box because McCoy is gashing them. It's simple ball control football and with our defense this is a winning formula. Boobie Dixon has heart and may prove to be a great goal line back but you can't compare the two.

These articles coming out that say McCoy was "fazed" from of Chip's offense are brilliant. He wasn't. His role was simply reduced as a third down back. He was still a workhorse in the ground game - second highest rushing attempts for a season in his career at 312. Handing the ball to a guy 312 times is being "fazed" out? Not at all. His role changed due to Sproles who is more of a tailored receiving back. Well played more than not by Chip with Sproles coming in. Including his catches, McCoy saw 340 touches. Seriously, stop picking up and running with every statement the media put out there. He still saw the bulk of the workload, he just split time with a guy who's better at what he was put in there for - receiving.

I had to laugh at this guy's post (even though it's from another thread). Maybe it is possibly the most bonehead thing I've heard so far if indeed the trade goes through:

Save the story about "who's McCoy running behind" because Fred and Boobie, when they had opportunities, made the most of theirs while CJ was either injured or taking 5 yd losses.

Who in their right mind asks "who's McCoy running behind?". Anyone with any common sense can establish that Shady walks in here as the #1 back right away if the trade goes through.

Personally I don't think you can choose one or the other, it's two different cogs to our team. People are just shocked by it. It actually is probably summed up best like this:

Who is liked more by our fans across the board? Kiko, obviously.

Who immediately makes the Bills an all-around better team? McCoy, no question.

Kiko or McCoy? Whichever gives our team betters odds to win a game. Time will tell but I put my money on Shady.

Edited by Smooth

Shady.

And it's not even close.

I could not disagree more.

Its KIKO in a horrific landslide.

McCoy is a small back who has played 6 years. He is already on the decline and RB is the most plug-and-play position in the league. Give any old bum an OL that opens holes and he will get yards.

#TheLegendofKikoAlonso was fun, but I find it amusing that folks are already measuring him up for a jacket and bust in Canton.

For the next 2-3 years the Bills got much better. It remains to be seen if Chip Kelly's grand "bring Oregon to the NFL" experiment will succeed or fail.