Kiko or Shady? Go on record

Kiko or Shady  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Which player would you rather have in a Bills' uniform?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now....Shady

We get some guards in FA , Get Locker and let him fight it out with EJ.

If we can find a QB this season we can go into the playoffs and do some damage with this D even without Kiko.

I hope this makes Spikes come back, more likely now with Kiko gone.

This has been an excellent off-season so far and I think it will continue.

This makes much more sense if you put a laugh track after each sentence. :thumbsup: Actually,

Once the smoke clears and Shady comes to meet the brass, he may have a change of heart. My concern is this huge O-Line seems better suited for man blocking and Shady, with his skill seems more suited for a zone scheme. I coached 17 years but it was mostly LB's & TE's. and I didn't follow the Eagles so much... but their OL seemed more athletic when healthy and ours are huge.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Kiko. Before RBs are greatly determined by the line (remember the great Jason Peters) and how well a QB can execute a fake - see RBs in Miami in Marino era. He was great QB but his fakes would get his RBs squashed.

Uh, won't LBs also be greatly determined by the defensive line? We have the best defensive line in the NFL.

And if Kiko is so valuable, why did our defense improve without him? He's a good player but he is so overrated by us.

Didn't Kiko prove himslef the most expendible guy on the defense last year??

Anyway, Saint Kiko dodn't want to be here. One good season now on a gimpy knee. See ya....

OMG! I'm agreeing with WEO.

Kiko was a good player who went from underrated to most overrated in franchise history. Normally if you lose a great player, your team suffers. Our defense got better.

Kiko was a good player who went from underrated to most overrated in franchise history. Normally if you lose a great player, your team suffers. Our defense got better.

Trent Edwards was the most overrated player in franchise history. Kiko was actually decent.

The defense got better because Bradham came into his own and Preston Brown was a strong addition. It's not like losing Kiko made the team better.

I remain on the fence because of the financials, not because of the players -- Shady is clearly the better one at present.

It's 2015. RBs out of college typically lack pass protection skills. The Bills have a 3 down back that can pass protect now, not a rookie that needs a few years to "get it". Spiller after all this time still doesn't "get it" when it comes to pass protection.

um Fred. Yes it is 2015 RBs are worth even less now

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

It will only hurt for a bit!

Has to be put in context to really say. Last year, they lost arguably their best defensive player of 2013 and the defense was actually better than the year before. Top-3 in the NFL. There's not much room to improve from there IMO, so Kiko's value goes down for me for that reason. Now tell me we are getting one of the top-3 running backs in the NFL after likely having to part with CJ Spiller AND Fred Jackson is getting older (34) and I take McCoy all day.

Why are people calling McCoy a top 3 RB?

He's more like the 24th best (Football Outsiders) or 55th best (Pro Football Focus)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/pointcounterpoint-chip-kelly-is-a-genius-and-rex-ryan-is-insane/

That article is ridiculous.

Neil Paine: Walt, how excited are you to see Shady McCoy out of the division, no longer around to plague your New York Giants like he did in Week 6 of this past season?

Walt Hickey: I tried to buy a bottle of champagne but the liquor stores were all closed. So, I decided to go home and write this post with you. I have been gloating to my Eagles friends since the news broke. I will continue to do that until at least Saturday, or until my friend Max punts his McCoy jersey into the East River again, whichever comes first.

But then they go on to say McCoy was a shell of his former self haha. We need to upgrade our O Line for sure though.

Also didn't PFF football rank McCoy 1st in 2013? He disagreed with Chip Kelly, that is why his production decreased.