I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

It's crazy how bad a reputation the kid had all last season and all of a sudden he's the next great one. There is some serious pr going on here for the guy and I don't quite get it. I think this guy busts out in a couple years. He def showed a different throwing motion at the combine but as they say you go back to your normal motion when things go wrong during the game. He tends to wind up during the games and nfl safeties will eat him up.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy how bad a reputation the kid had all last season and all of a sudden he's the next great one. There is some serious pr going on here for the guy and I don't quite get it. I think this guy busts out in a couple years. He def showed a different throwing motion at the combine but as they say you go back to your normal motion when things go wrong during the game. He tends to wind up during the games and nfl safeties will eat him up.

fwiw Bill Polian still thinks Mariota will go 1st

Not from anything I have seen. He killed it at the combine, is smart and talented. He played in a pro style offense. All indications are that he will be a very good NFL QB. No comparison between his talent and Clausen. Don't get the comparison at all.

Not from anything I have seen. He killed it at the combine, is smart and talented. He played in a pro style offense. All indications are that he will be a very good NFL QB. No comparison between his talent and Clausen. Don't get the comparison at all.

I have an eye for these things. Trust me.

Clausen ran a faster 40. Otherwise, all of those things were said about him as well. So lots of comparisons if you remember back that far.

I don't think they have similar styles, but there are still areas of comparison.

http://fftoolbox.scout.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2387

"Clausen is the best pure passer the draft has seen since Matt Ryan in 2008 and with more coaching he should develop into a top flight NFL quarterback. He is a sure fire top 5 pick with the real possibility of being the first overall pick."

Edited by YoloinOhio

Listen to his press conf at the combine...he acts like an entitled douche without an ounce of humility. Russ Wilson he is not...he has the brain of a field mouse.

Actually, his white board session with Mariucci was pretty good. I'm not saying he's likeable, but he has talent. But will his attitude problems kill his career or not? Who knows...

I've never gotten the vibe that Winston is "entitled". Thats the impression I got from Clausesn and frankly he had far less talent than Winston

Winston is kind of a dumb idiot off the field but his talent and love for the game are pretty apparent. I think he has the potential to be very good in the NFL. I also think he could be a bust because of some off the field stuff and possibly not getting along with the coaches.

Maybe he has wised up and will change. If he does, I think he will be pretty good. But he needs to grow up a bit.

I've never gotten the vibe that Winston is "entitled". Thats the impression I got from Clausesn and frankly he had far less talent than Winston

Winston is kind of a dumb idiot off the field but his talent and love for the game are pretty apparent. I think he has the potential to be very good in the NFL. I also think he could be a bust because of some off the field stuff and possibly not getting along with the coaches.

Maybe he has wised up and will change. If he does, I think he will be pretty good. But he needs to grow up a bit.

Exactly.

Hahahaha.

Might want to rewatch the FSU games from last year. Or the bowl game vs Oregon. If he doesn't throw 20 interceptions as a rookie that would be a start.

Better than luck! That's a good one.

I will say after watching his extensive highlight reel, his pocket presence made me think of luck, it's really good.... Keeps eyes downfield... Claussen was none of this. Winston will be a Probowl nfl Qb. He also has made reportedly very positive impressions at the combine.

I think with confidence that Winston will be a much, much better QB than Clauson ever dreamed of being. He reads the whole field, has very good ball placement, and keeps his eyes down field. His distractions may get to him, but I'd take that bet all day long that he'll fair much better than Clauson.

Now they're saying he has the football IQ of peyton manning...this is getting insane. They're is somebody behind the scenes pulling the strings cause at no time have I ever seen a guy with mannings brain.

Are you talking about the on air personalities or scouts? If scouts, Steve Mariucci and the likes are saying this, why would it be insane? These guys are not going to say this if they don't believe it. I trust them more than anyone here to evaluate a player. I've had season tickets for Winston's 2 years at FSU and he is going to be a good one. Hell, he already is. As to the statement that his football IQ is up there with Manning, I'm pretty sure they meant when Manning was coming out of college. Sure Manning has a higher football IQ right now, but Winston's football acumen is up there with Manning when Manning was coming out of college, IMO.

"I have an eye for these things. Trust me."

If people have been pulling strings to tout his football IQ, then it's been going on since before his senior year of high school.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=6789841&src=desktop

Or it is just the hyperbole that goes along with young, talented Quarterbacks. Y'know like when Johnny Football was Fran Tarkenton and Steve Young morphed into one?

Winston is a great prospect in my mind, I think Mariota is too - the next coming of Peyton Manning? That is going a little far I'd say.