I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or a great nfl knucklehead QB

But he did help someone in a wheelchair at the Indy airport. All is right with @jaboowins this weekend.

His knucklehead factor was +7 going into the combine...the wheelchair Twitter op brought him down to +6. Hopefully there's an old lady that needs to cross the street when he leaves the building.

Or a great nfl knucklehead QB

But he did help someone in a wheelchair at the Indy airport. All is right with @jaboowins this weekend.

I wish i wasn't so cynical to believe the timing is too convenient. Probably been told to look out for situations like this until the draft.

Winston and Mariota are the best prospects coming out since Luck and RGIII. I'd take both ahead of any of the 2013 or 2014 Quarterbacks. Does that guarantee anything at all? Nope but given that it is a very weak class I don't see either of them lasting past the Jets. I think Jameis goes #1 to the Buccs and Mariota goes either to the Titans or the Jets.

Winston and Mariota are the best prospects coming out since Luck and RGIII. I'd take both ahead of any of the 2013 or 2014 Quarterbacks. Does that guarantee anything at all? Nope but given that it is a very weak class I don't see either of them lasting past the Jets. I think Jameis goes #1 to the Buccs and Mariota goes either to the Titans or the Jets.

I'm not questioning where they will be drafted; just pointing out how hype usually leads to disappointment 8 months later. If truth be told, Mariotta appears to be the better prospect based on vertical leap and broad jump.

I'm not questioning where they will be drafted; just pointing out how hype usually leads to disappointment 8 months later. If truth be told, Mariotta appears to be the better prospect based on vertical leap and broad jump.

Why? Is jumping an essential skill for a Quarterback?

Define "franchise QB": it's either a QB who is athletic, smart, experienced and professional who you want to be the face of your franchise....or a punk with an attitude who got away with being served everything in his life and now profits from a lean QB class due to Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper's "insider" mock drafts. I'll stick with EJ until something better comes along.

Getting a little personal for someone who doesn't know Winston, don't you think?

Jameis will throw 20 TD's and 21 INT's and we will read about how he just needs another year. He wants people to make excuses for him...just like Jimmy (who fell off the face of the earth).

On a team as bad as the Bucs?! I'll take that from a rookie. He is waaaay better than EJ. And I like EJ.

Vertical and broad jump?!? Better prospect at what WR, TE?! Ok, now you seem like a troll. Stop it already.

and 40 yd dash. Forgot about that one. Point is, Winston appears to have taken his combine prep lightly. We'll see.

Or it suggest Mariota is the better athlete which even Jameis admitted on NFL Network the other day. That does not mean Winston can't be a very good Quarterback.

It's neither personal nor is it speculation. Big Man on Campus acted like a complete knucklehead and his handlers were there every time to save his ass. Not personal at all.

Nothing personal?! Ok I believe you. I meant to ask, are you Christine Brennan in disguise?

I wish i wasn't so cynical to believe the timing is too convenient. Probably been told to look out for situations like this until the draft.

I'm with ya. Prob his agents Aunt.

Or it suggest Mariota is the better athlete which even Jameis admitted on NFL Network the other day. That does not mean Winston can't be a very good Quarterback.

I think Winston will be fine at QB. His "off-field issues" are relatively minor. He has a MUCH better work ethic than Manzel. He reminds me a bit of Big Ben. A big bodied QB, cannon arm, slow 40 but good pocket movements when the pressure comes.