I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot and you cannot say with 100% certainty whether he raped her.

I can say with 100% certainty:

(1) I hope and pray that my sons never act like this guy or his roommates;

(2) As "smart" as Jimbo and others have tried to portray him, he has done some pretty stupid things -- notwithstanding he had a minder and knew that he was in the public spotlight and microscope;

(3) As for your comment about there not being "enough evidence to charge anyone" - it is clear that the police were negligent in the way that they handled this case and did NOT collect evidence, coddled Winston, and waited to do pretty much anything until much of the evidence no longer existed (video from the club, evidence from the roommates cell phone, etc.) so much so that one can only conclude that they had very little interest in doing a proper investigation of an FSU football player -- much less the star FSU QB.

(4) If you have any question about number 3 above, ask yourself whether the police would have conducted the same investigation of an accusation of rape by a coed against Jameis if he were not a member of the FSU football team or the star QB.

The following I cannot say is a 100% factual certainty as it is just my opinion:

I would be very, very afraid of drafting this kid at the top of the draft to be a team's franchise QB. In my opinion, stupid is as stupid does (to borrow a line from Forrest Gump). Just imagine how much more trouble he can get in and entitled he will feel once he is a multi-millionaire. As someone else said, the silver lining of the Bills not have a high pick this year is that there will be no temptation to take this guy at the top of the draft. He will be someone else's problem.

Maybe the kid has learned. I did stupid things when I was a kid -- although nothing like he was alleged to have done or has admittedly done. For his sake and others, I hope he has learned his lesson and becomes everything that his defenders/promoters say he will be - although his attempt to play the baseball card does not improve my view of him.

He is lucky that Tampa Bay has the first pick. If the Bucs do not take him, it will be interesting to see who does.

Just my two cents.

Valid points. Thanks.

Only read page 1 of this topic so I don't know where this topic went, but I would compare Jameis more with Ben Roethlisberger than Jimmy Clausen. Not saying he will be that successful but he's a big guy who's a gamer and not so fantastic once the clock strikes zero. Rooted against FSU every game but you can't deny the results IMO.I might be a minority of one but that's how I view him.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Only read page 1 of this topic so I don't know where this topic went, but I would compare Jameis more with Ben Roethlisberger than Jimmy Clausen. Not saying he will be that successful but he's a big guy who's a gamer and not so fantastic once the clock strikes zero. Rooted against FSU every game but you can't deny the results IMO.I might be a minority of one but that's how I view him.

don't forget that they've both been accused of sexual assault!

Hey it worked great for rg3 and Johnny rehab!

Funny that Andrew LUCK, who was drafted by a team with a freaking horseshoe for a logo, never bothered.

That's because he's planning on trading in that ugly white and blue uniform for one with a charging buffalo on it. I heard it from a source who heard it from a source who heard it from another source who heard it on talk radio.

IMO