I'll say it now: Jameis Winston = Jimmy Clausen Part II

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really astounding how polarizing Jameis is - and it really is funny how those that give this kid no respect just mimick what they hear in the media like SHEEP. Whatever, you're entitled to your opinion - but man is it going to be fun in a few years to watch you do a complete 180. I'm sure many of the same haters will be drafting him atop their fantasy drafts in a few years after they see how good he is.

Jameis is the epitome of a "franchise QB." He is BETTER than Andrew Luck was coming out of college and will be a better pro than him in my opinion. He will elevate any team that takes him instantly. I can't wait to watch him in the NFL. Hope those that have nothing but disdain for this kid remember their foolish predictions in a few years. You will soon see how far off you are on him. Best QB prospect in many, many years.

No. Just...no.

GO BILLS!!!

Jameis is the epitome of a "franchise QB." He is BETTER than Andrew Luck was coming out of college and will be a better pro than him in my opinion. .

Hahahaha.

Might want to rewatch the FSU games from last year. Or the bowl game vs Oregon. If he doesn't throw 20 interceptions as a rookie that would be a start.

Better than luck! That's a good one.

Jameis will throw 20 TD's and 21 INT's and we will read about how he just needs another year. He wants people to make excuses for him...just like Jimmy (who fell off the face of the earth).

You mean like Peyton Manning who had 26 TDs and 28 INTs his first year? Yeah, I hate that. QBs who need another year are losers. Practically none of the great QBs in history needed more time after the first year, except for almost all of them.

Haven't a clue about Jameis and I'm not interested because there's no way we get him. But the huge majority of really good QBs need more than a year. People who forget that aren't perceiving reality correctly.

Edited by Thurman#1

just on talent and not taking into account his decisions off the field.....he's incredibly inaccurate not in passes being incomplete because guys are so open in college they can stop, reach back or adjust to terrible throws, this goes away in the NFL. Despite a typical college football schedule of 1 or 2 descent teams on the schedule he has an alarming number of interceptions. THEN there is the decisions he makes add it up and you have a classic bust.

Jameis is a toolbag extraordinaire, no doubt about that. But he (IMO) is 10 times the QB prospect that was Clausen. I forget, was Jimmy the ostrich a real douche in college? I know coming out of HS he supposedly could walk on water...

Clausen was going to be the next Montana, at least that was the hype coming out of South Bend before his draft. Just like Manti Te'o. Beware the Golden Dome. Edited by PromoTheRobot

You mean like Peyton Manning who had 26 TDs and 28 INTs his first year? Yeah, I hate that. QBs who need another year are losers. Practically none of the great QBs in history needed more time after the first year, except for almost all of them.

Haven't a clue about Jameis and I'm not interested because there's no way we get him. But the huge majority of really good QBs need more than a year. People who forget that aren't perceiving reality correctly.

See above "Characteristics of a franchise QB" and compare Peyton to Jameis....any difference? Jameis will crumble like a Jenga tower when he realizes he is just another hot shot rookie with groupies.

See above "Characteristics of a franchise QB" and compare Peyton to Jameis....any difference?

Let's see...they both have a neck, but only one of the necks is functional. Winston is a seafood guy, while Manning more of a pizza type of dude.

Papa John's pizza is not very good, BTW. But that garlic butter dipping sauce? Oh my, I could drink it neat in a snifter glass.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Winston vs Manning? Not even in the same ball park, talent-wise, coming out of college.

Winston is clearly the best QB in this draft class, and it's not even close IMO. Let's not get crazy though. Whether his blatant stupidity and lack of class is his demise remains to be seen.

See above "Characteristics of a franchise QB" and compare Peyton to Jameis....any difference? Jameis will crumble like a Jenga tower when he realizes he is just another hot shot rookie with groupies.

he already said its Jameis vs Peyton next year! In the third person! #humble

As long as whoever drafts him is in the ACC, he should eek out a lot of wins next year.

The "better than Luck prospect" guy should get some sort of extra points for crazy.

I propose a pinned thread titled "most completely and insanely ridiculous posts of all time"

Mods?

I'm sure more than a few of mine would find their way in there...haha.

As long as whoever drafts him is in the ACC, he should eek out a lot of wins next year.

The "better than Luck prospect" guy should get some sort of extra points for crazy.

I'm not sure the first part is fair--they ALL look like men among boys in college, that's why they're top QBs. That said, I thought Jameis regressed last year. His Heisman year he looked like he might in fact be in the Manning/Luck class. Last year, not so much.

Did anyone watch the Bear's last game when Cutler was benched? Clausen started and actually looked like a good NFL QB. He looked way better than Cutler. Perhaps, he just wasn't ready for prime time when he was thrown into the fray as a rookie. Or, maybe he just had a good game for once.

Yea except he went 3-0 against the SEC in his 2 years including the uh national championship against Auburn. He also beat Notre Dame, Oklahoma State. Plus the ACC at the top was pretty good this year. They beat a really good GT team who beat both Georgia and Miss St(SEC). Clemson is also a real good program and Louisville is solid. Yea the ACC has Wake Forest and Virginia but every conference has a couple powderpuffs

Yea except he went 3-0 against the SEC in his 2 years including the uh national championship against Auburn. He also beat Notre Dame, Oklahoma State. Plus the ACC at the top was pretty good this year. They beat a really good GT team who beat both Georgia and Miss St(SEC). Clemson is also a real good program and Louisville is solid. Yea the ACC has Wake Forest and Virginia but every conference has a couple powderpuffs

Two ways to look at QB's: 1) Physical talent, and 2) Mental makeup. Winston may have physical tools...but where he and Clausen, RGIII, and Geno falter is the mental side. I don't really give a **** if he played SEC teams, National Champs, etc. (Flacco and Rothlisberger didn't and they turned out ok). My problem is this aura of superiority he brings to the table whereupon he will experience a rude awakening at the first sign of adversity (whether it is on or off the field). "Coach X" and "Alumni donors" won't be there to pick him up, brush him off and tell him he's "all that".

Two ways to look at QB's: 1) Physical talent, and 2) Mental makeup. Winston may have physical tools...but where he and Clausen, RGIII, and Geno falter is the mental side. I don't really give a **** if he played SEC teams, National Champs, etc. (Flacco and Rothlisberger didn't and they turned out ok). My problem is this aura of superiority he brings to the table whereupon he will experience a rude awakening at the first sign of adversity (whether it is on or off the field). "Coach X" and "Alumni donors" won't be there to pick him up, brush him off and tell him he's "all that".

Aside from his confidence, what part of his mental makeup do you find fault with? His incredible ability to overcome distractions (aka adversity)? The fact that he picks up playbooks with ease? How he already reads the field at an NFL level? I guess those are all red flags for you.

Aside from his confidence, what part of his mental makeup do you find fault with? His incredible ability to overcome distractions (aka adversity)? The fact that he picks up playbooks with ease? How he already reads the field at an NFL level? I guess those are all red flags for you.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714 I'd say he has an uncanny knack for overcoming distractions...it's just that those distractions are brought on by his own decisions.

As for picking up playbooks, I would suggest to you that a college playbook is a bit watered down from the ones he will be studying in the NFL.

I sooo hope the light goes on for EJ this year because if anyone deserves some reward for being a humble, straight laced, team player, it is EJ.

Dude he faced adversity all year. He got hit a ton. He had a young receiving corps. They were behind numerous games and with the exception of Oregon he led them back every time. His mental makeup is fantastic. He picked up Jimbo Fishers offense incredibly quick which is a pro system. He was accepted into Stanford coming out of high school. I take exception to this as a FSU fan. The dude will not be Ponder because his physical tools are far superior to him. He won't be Manual because his football processing information is way better. ITa amazing how you bring up Roethlisberger to me. Wasn't he accused of raping someone in a bar? Man his football makeup is gonna be terrible. What a bust he'll be. Give me a break.

Dude was proven innocent of the rape allegations 3 separate times by the state attorney, by the Tallahassee PD, and by a reputable 3rd party judge in the code of conduct hearing at the school. Screaming FHITP is something stupid that every young guy has done one time or another in some manner.

If she was raped why didn't she file a civil suit? Why is she doing a documentary about her story for money? Why are there rumors of her asking for 7 million dollars to keep her mouth shut. Why is she apart of a group called the cleat chasers. Your probably the type of guy that was repulsed when you found out the Duke Lacrosse team raped the two girls and then it was later found out they both lied about it for attention.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jameis-winston-incidents-timeline-091714 I'd say he has an uncanny knack for overcoming distractions...it's just that those distractions are brought on by his own decisions.

As for picking up playbooks, I would suggest to you that a college playbook is a bit watered down from the ones he will be studying in the NFL.

I sooo hope the light goes on for EJ this year because if anyone deserves some reward for being a humble, straight laced, team player, it is EJ.

Fair points. I also share the same hope for EJ.