Have we talked about Buffalo being one of worst sports logos

mead107

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

then for the half time show, we hold the Buffalo Bill Wild West Show reenactment

You will never see the word "Show" on anything Buffalo Bill Cody directly endorsed. He hated the word because he went to great lengths to make his entertainment as realistic as possible (save for some artistic license, eg. the 'first scalp for Custer' reenactment)

How is it possible that the Flyers' logo isn't on there? That logo is an abomination...I don't care how "classic" it may be; it's horrendous.

What? I give up. The Flyers logo is so amazingly 70's. It's awesome. And yes I realize they were founded in 1967.

this is being discussed in the Off The Wall forum

DOH never mind

it was just put in the last post wins thread ...

Oilers, Titans, Buc's, Patriots* (multiple versions), Ravens for starters.

I really get the sense that doing the "IN" thing is a highlight of your day.

Here you go Buffalo Joe

10. Washington Capitals

9. Buffalo Bills

8. Dallas Mavericks

7. Tennessee Titans

6. Anaheim Ducks

5. Toronto Raptors

4. Tampa Bay Rays

3. Memphis Grizzlies

2. Portland Trailblazers

1. Carolina Hurricanes

How about the Utah jazz? That was good when the team was in NO. But I am pretty sure there is no good Jazz in Utah-- and the logo is silly.

Edit: Peter pan, I didnt see your post. I agree!!

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

First of all, the Bills logo is a classic...one of the best in all of sports. In terms of NFL teams, it's up there with the old Patriots logo, the Raiders shield, and the Steelers emblem as the best in the league.

That being stated, how the hell does this Asskman list not have the Titans weirdo logo in the No. 1 spot? That is by far the worst logo ever contrived in any organized sport, professional or otherwise. Seriously.

Bills logo is one of the best. I love it. The writer's beef is that it doesn't make sense with the team name? Who the hell cares? The team name is cool and very original, and it has the appropriate logo that pays homage to the city and one of the great animals of North America.

Actually, the Buffalo Bills logo design is pretty good. Clean and classic. And I'm in the design business for a living. People have all sorts of design opinion, and many of them suck.

That is fugly. No thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

Exactly. Just what we want, something that looks like a cow's skull for our logo.

EDIT: I actually looked this dude up (Designer Matt McInerney), and he's a real designer. Works at Pentagram in NYC which is a pretty well-regarded design house (except their Big Ten logo is terrible). I bet my friend knows him. Some of his stuff is cool, my favorite being the take on the Rams logo. But that Bills logo is really, really bad.

http://www.fastcodesign.com/1671229/rebranding-every-team-in-the-nfl#7

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

Here you go Buffalo Joe

10. Washington Capitals

9. Buffalo Bills

8. Dallas Mavericks

7. Tennessee Titans

6. Anaheim Ducks

5. Toronto Raptors

4. Tampa Bay Rays

3. Memphis Grizzlies

2. Portland Trailblazers

1. Carolina Hurricanes

So somebody has an opinion about logos. Does that make their opinion a fact? No. I for one think we have one of the best logos and my opinion is worth just as much as whoever wrote the stupid article.

I don't give a rat's ass about AskMen.com that ranks celebrities, etc. Our logo is perfect. It's the charging Buffalo, and the reason people don't like it is we have been losers for 15 years. Ask that question in 1999 when we had the #1 defense in the NFL and went to the playoffs 12 of 13 years, and four superbowls, and people liked the bills.

We had our own cereal for our QB. You don't mess with 55 years of history, as Chicago fans would never even think of changing their Big C. Neither woul the Steelers who were a laughing stock prior to Chuck Knoll.

The only thing that needs to change around here is winning. There is a reason why the more traditional uniform received raved reviews when we got rid of that god awful navy blue and red with all of those stripes.

Don't change a thing.

The same website also has the Bills listed as one of the 10 worst sports franchises. That is more on the mark than the logo, even though I actually prefer the old standing Buffalo (which actually was waiting to be shot by Buffalo Bill Cody).

I have an affinity for the old AFL logos, and the Pats change from their classic center to their current character free removed the only thing I have ever liked about that franchise. It also pisses me off that the Titans keep control over the Oilers name and logo so that the new Houston franchise had to use a boring moniker and a logo that lacks any class. The oil rig logo was perfectly understated and classy. Of course, I also hope the Browns never succumb to using a logo, so maybe I'm just old and boring.