Have we talked about Buffalo being one of worst sports logos

mead107

The always-a-bridesmaid Bills have one of the most confusing names in pro sports. The team is named after famed soldier Buffalo Bill Cody, but its logo, on the surface, apparently has nothing to do with Cody. Its a blue buffalo -- and yes, we understand its representative of the citys name -- but wheres the homage to Cody? If youre a history buff, youll know that Cody was passionate about hunting; he often hunted bison. If youre knowledgeable about animals, youll know that the term bison and buffalo are often used interchangeably to describe the American bison. History and zoology lessons aside, this franchise might be better off if its name could be explained in less than three minutes. Besides, we have yet to see a blue buffalo with red shooting from its horns.

From askman .com

Top 10: Worst Sports Logos - AskMen

www.askmen.com/top_10/sports/top-10-worst-sports-logos.html

So why, we ask, are a handful of current teams across pro sports wearing awful- looking logos? In this list, we're looking at 10 current sports logos that are ...

Edited by mead107

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The always-a-bridesmaid Bills have one of the most confusing names in pro sports. The team is named after famed soldier Buffalo Bill Cody, but its logo, on the surface, apparently has nothing to do with Cody. Its a blue buffalo -- and yes, we understand its representative of the citys name -- but wheres the homage to Cody? If youre a history buff, youll know that Cody was passionate about hunting; he often hunted bison. If youre knowledgeable about animals, youll know that the term bison and buffalo are often used interchangeably to describe the American bison. History and zoology lessons aside, this franchise might be better off if its name could be explained in less than three minutes. Besides, we have yet to see a blue buffalo with red shooting from its horns.

From askman .com

I would make sure that is prominently displayed in your message before the angry mob comes at you.

From askman .com

The logo is just fine as it is a Buffalo/Bison representing the city. The problem you may have is why they are called the Bills. I get it and sure it is a little misleading, but the logo as it stands now is perfectly fitting.

Here you go Buffalo Joe

10. Washington Capitals

9. Buffalo Bills

8. Dallas Mavericks

7. Tennessee Titans

6. Anaheim Ducks

5. Toronto Raptors

4. Tampa Bay Rays

3. Memphis Grizzlies

2. Portland Trailblazers

1. Carolina Hurricanes

I actually agree with all of those except the Bills.

Thats the internet's version of friendzoned. it just isn't meant to be, Joe. Move on to other websites.

Not gonna lie. You got me good.

Here you go Buffalo Joe

10. Washington Capitals

9. Buffalo Bills

8. Dallas Mavericks

7. Tennessee Titans

6. Anaheim Ducks

5. Toronto Raptors

4. Tampa Bay Rays

3. Memphis Grizzlies

2. Portland Trailblazers

1. Carolina Hurricanes

How is it possible that the Flyers' logo isn't on there? That logo is an abomination...I don't care how "classic" it may be; it's horrendous.

From askman .com

Top 10: Worst Sports Logos - AskMen

www.askmen.com/top_10/sports/top-10-worst-sports-logos.html

So why, we ask, are a handful of current teams across pro sports wearing awful- looking logos? In this list, we're looking at 10 current sports logos that are ...

nobody "asked" for their opinion.

I don't know, I think it is kind of clever. I see the Buffalo as the same kind of idea as how baseball teams use their cities letters on their caps. Has anybody seen a Yankees logo lately? Nope! Just the interlocking NY.

The original six hockey teams haven't change their logos in years. Modified and updated, but stayed with the concept. Look what happned with the Sabres. They tried going modern with the goat-head, people didn't care for it. They tried again with the slug, and people hated it. Now they went back to the original and it's loved. Same with the Bills uniforms.

but wheres the homage to Cody? If youre a history buff, youll know that Cody was passionate about hunting; he often hunted bison. If youre knowledgeable about animals, youll know that the term bison and buffalo are often used interchangeably to describe the American bison.

The red streak is the homage to Cody. Cody just shot the buffalo and it is bleeding out. That's where the red comes from.