Have we talked about Buffalo being one of worst sports logos

mead107

Bills logo is one of the best. I love it. The writer's beef is that it doesn't make sense with the team name? Who the hell cares? The team name is cool and very original, and it has the appropriate logo that pays homage to the city and one of the great animals of North America.

+1 on this opinion

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logo is a running buffalo with a red streak through the middle. It is boring and unrelated to the team's mascot

WTF? They would prefer a logo of Billy Buffalo?!

Their whole argument is stupid - it is not against the logo itself, but rather that the logo represents the city the team is from?!

I love the logo

Edited by stevewin

As much as I hate the team, I like the old Patriots logo, and hate the new one.

Agree. Funny thing about the "new" pats logo is that Minuteman Airfield in Stow, Massachusetts has been using a similar logo for a very long time, since well before the pats switched: http://minutemanairfield.com/

Hmmm...

Edited by VermontFan

Most seem to forget there were two Buffalo Bills teams - the team in the AAFC and the team in the AFL which was merged into the NFL. Ralph Wilson held a poll on possible names for the newspaper (do not remember other choices) and Bills won. The old Cody logo is from the AAFC. At no point has modern Bills been associated with Kody. One of the members on this site has an excellent website on old football and I read some of the original articles when working in archives of newspaper doing typesetting. Forget about Kody. Maybe Buffalo Bills with another name would make more sense but this is history.

Browns and 49ers were admitted from that league along with Colts; Bills were a strong favorite to join as well but had opponents mostly those who favored Colts and Bills owner accepted a buyout as minor partner of the Browns and Washington accepted a payout to all Colts to join. Ironically the Colts shoehorned into the league failed.

I cannot find the video anymore but there was a video pertaining to the history of the Bills. It talked about the logo and the name. One of the things stated that the origin for our current name was taken from a possibility of scenarios.

One of them that was more compelling was that it was not at all related to Wild Bill Cody. But that is the easiest explanation and the one national media likes to blast as hypocritical although it may not be true.

I love the Bills Logo and think that judging it because it is not representative of Wild Bill Cody is stupid. Wild Bill Cody helped decimate the Bison population and drive it to the brink of extinction. At times the organization has tried to distance themselves from that figure for that reason. Would we really want to incite more criticism by associating the name clearly to Wild Bill Cody by using him in the logo or using him killing a Buffalo?

Edited by RichVP

IMO, the spurs ought to be on that list prominently.

Has any one seen the new "concept" helmets for the nfl? (The Bills one is red...)

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX#RKtRwEQ

IMO, the spurs ought to be on that list prominently.

Has any one seen the new "concept" helmets for the nfl? (The Bills one is red...)

http://imgur.com/a/QaZHX#RKtRwEQ

I like those helmets because they don't modify the logos, they highlight them. Pretty cool for the most part.