RUMOR: Colts interested in Dareus?

fridge

HA! Going by the old adage, everything's for sale for the right price...what would we have to give up for Luck? 4 years' worth of firsts, Dareus, Sammy, Kiko - what else?

He's off the table. That's the point. Just like the #1 pick was off the table the year he was in the draft.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hngn.com/articles/69299/20150213/nfl-trade-rumors-indianapolis-colts-interested-in-buffalo-bills-dt-marcell-dareus.htm

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12316853/bold-moves-indianapolis-colts-houston-texans-jacksonville-jaguars-tennessee-titans-nfl

Seems like the article is just speculation. Even still, why would the Bills trade one of our top players for the 29th OVR pick?

I would recommend changing the title of this thread as its pure speculation by a columnist and not actual interest

why would the Bills trade their best defensive player?

These aren't trade rumors. The guys at Football Outsiders are going team by team and suggesting a bold move the team can do to improve.

And this is what happens during the dead part of the off-season when people try to create news because there isn't enough to write articles on.

Dareus will never see the light of day.

When the time comes the Bills will make him the highest paid Defensive Lineman in football. Period.

That is why they really do have to be mindful of their other contracts.

BTW, and on a tangent, am I the only one that thinks someone is going to come out of the wood work and give Searcy a ridiculous amount of money?

When the time comes the Bills will make him the highest paid Defensive Lineman in football. Period.

BTW, and on a tangent, am I the only one that thinks someone is going to come out of the wood work and give Searcy a ridiculous amount of money?

no we were talking about it in a couple other threads. If you try to sign him in the FA simulator on fan speak he's 6 mill/yr.

Edit: I'll predict he ends up in ATL. It's his hometown, they are desperate for defensive playmakers, and he was much better in Schwartz's system than Pettine's; I think Quinn uses a similar defense as Schwartz but needs the personnel.

Edited by YoloinOhio

ridiculous? no, unless we have different ideas of that word.

Interesting. Maybe Whaley is getting some ideas from GMTM (Tim Murray for those of you who don't know). I bet if Tim Murray were the Bills GM he'd pull a coup for Dareus. I wouldn't mind trading the guy frankly, he's no guarantee to sign when his contract is up, and we better get at least two first round picks for him. We can't let our players leave without getting anything in return ala Jarius Byrd.

Interesting. Maybe Whaley is getting some ideas from GMTM (Tim Murray for those of you who don't know). I bet if Tim Murray were the Bills GM he'd pull a coup for Dareus. I wouldn't mind trading the guy frankly, he's no guarantee to sign when his contract is up, and we better get at least two first round picks for him. We can't let our players leave without getting anything in return ala Jarius Byrd.

I know...we really missed Byrd on the field this past season (so did the Saints).

Possibly but I think Duke Williams can replace Searcy.

They're trying to get even for the Jerry Hughes fleecing...

Also in trading Dareus lets not overlook that Kyle Williams is getting older. In 2 years he might be on the severe downturn. Resign Dareus, before we're left w/o quality DTs