Wanna buy Rex's NJ house?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no clue why this house is viewed as nothing special. Awesome 4000+ Sqft house, with a yard, overlooking a park, 20 minutes outside of Manhattan, a nice burb with a walk to the train to the city, right off of 78....

Are you kidding me? Nothing special?

If you're from WNY that place at 2.2 million is not special at all.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1032-Sweet-Rd_East-Aurora_NY_14052_M44169-74769?row=5

`To me anyway.

Something something Jersey, something something Snookie.

To repeat for posterity, Snookie and nearly every other member of that show were from NYS. That's what happens when there's no toll to leave NY.

Way to back up your ignorant statement. I'm sure my brand new apartment with a view of Manhattan pales in comparison to your home.

Your apartment offers you a view of the shittiest city in America?

/golfclap

You know Snookie is from New York...

She personifies the parts of Jersey that aren't filled with McMansions, mobsters, or afwul smells.

Baby this town rips the bones from your back

It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap

We gotta get out while we're young

/golfclap

She personifies the parts of Jersey that aren't filled with McMansions, mobsters, or afwul smells.

Some just aren't lucky to have a bikeway from Worcester to Providence to jump on. Are those two towns New England's finest or what! Now that's living. Boy, I wish I had acess to that trail behind my house.

;-P ;-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

/golfclap

Well a verse from a 1973 Springsteen song about a town 60+ miles away from NYC sure sums up everything!

Usually stereotypes are based on some element of truth, and with New Jersey there are parts that aren't very nice. Port Elizabeth reminds me of what it smelled like driving to Niagara Falls from Buffalo in the 60s -- one chemical smell after another. So the jokes (the New Jersey state bird is the mosquito, the state gemstone is concrete, and the state tree is dead) make sense but only if you don't look around. Most of New Jersey is actually really nice. I read once it's the most densely forested state in the country. Lots of nice towns, close enough to NYC and Philly to get to big cities. Ocean beaches. Apparently not quite in NYS's league for corruption in politics. If anything I think it's overlooked because a lot of it's a bedroom for bigger cities elsewhere.

That house looked really nice, IMHO. Property costs a lot there but that might be a realistic price, at least as a starting point for discussions.

If you're from WNY that place at 2.2 million is not special at all.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1032-Sweet-Rd_East-Aurora_NY_14052_M44169-74769?row=5

`To me anyway.

Hmmm... The implication is if you're from western New York you don't understand the impact location has on real estate price? Could be. I grew up there but certainly didn't ever consider the comps is Long Island compared to Batavia.

Either way the link attached is a much better example of nothing special. (great point of reference!) A run of the mill 30% smaller vinyl sided attempt at looking larger than it is, under 3 ft of lake effect snow, in the middle of nowhere with no mass transit and a 0 walkability score. Where do they get off charging $700 for that outside of East Aurora???

You couldn't pay me to live in New Jersey.

You know nothing about NJ. All you know is the hellhole that the area right across from NYC. Anything above the GWB and the southern half of NJ are quite nice. The town Alpine is the wealthiest zip code in the US according to a Forbes report in 2012...yeah, you're right, it's a sh*thole.