All Things Incognito (Richie returns, signs contract)

RalphOP83

You only know one side of the story. Get a clue.

Richie is a mean SOB, and personally I think we need more mean SOB's. Don't let the door hit you in the a**

you quoted the wrong person...

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buh bye. 1000 more to take your place once the Pegs-n-Rex era begins. No quarter. not in high school anymore. Go beat up on people, within the rules of course. I would love to have the rep of being the "new Raiders". Jonathan Martin needs to focus on his yoga and piano lessons.

me too!.. finally a team with balls, grit..

People might (or might not) be surprised to learn how much of the league views Johnathan Martin as the guy who broke the code of the locker room. Richie is viewed as an ahole, but he's surprisingly respected among players as he works hard and has his teammates back. I expect we'll go after Iupati to lock down the LG spot and have competition among a few for the RG spot. Signing Richie will make headlines, but unless he's better than guys like Urbik and Richardson, he's not coming anywhere near the final roster.

Because he was average at best before a nearly 2 year gap between games and turning 32- theres fairly a reason to question it

Props to the op though

But...... Pro: his dad was caught joining Dolphins boards to fight with people that criticized him

I think, at best, you can say his current skill level is "unknown." But I don't think anyone can say he is "done." 32 is not old for a guard. And I see no downside to signing him and seeing if he is any good.

Out of curisioty,

Would this be your response if say the pats* were considering signing him? Pc correct primadonnas? Really? here on TBD?

if he makes the team and becomes a Bill that contributes then great. remember when he was a bIll last time? yea, he wanted out.

was it the FO,or was it money related? I just hope Whaley keeps the checkbook and guarnteed money low for an Old guard out of the game for quite awhile. he was making around 1.5 mil in 2012 i believe. So he ain't no Chris Williams. Lol

Any ways cheers to the op for the news!

I've learned not to criticize what the Pats* do, personnel wise. Anyway, I see this move as being "risky" only in the sense of perception. If he pans out it as shrewd as hell; if not, he is cut quietly and everyone moves on. I have little patience for the "high and mighty" crowd who don't think he deserves another chance.

What I like more than the signing of Incognito (have major doubts about him )is that this organization isexploring all avenues to get better. If he doesn't work out, what is lost? You can't hit on a longshot ifyou don't take a longshot.

I never liked Incognito and his volatile and raging behavior. But I do believe in redemption, even for people who many consider a lost cause. Whether he ends up on the Bills or another team I hope he gets his turbulent life in order.

I'm not a fan of Incognito, he's a punk. However, there is about 1800 players in the NFL. There is always going to be bullies, racist, homophobes and criminals. It is going to be up to his teammates and management to control his ignorance.

I'm all for second chances...People can change...Even meat-head bullies...

That being said it all depends what player you're going to get...He'll be 32 when the season starts...He's been out of football for well over a year...His best season was 2012, but his play dropped for those 8 games in 2013...

Looking at the Bills OG play from 2014 it's easy to assume that Incognito would bring a large upgrade, but I'm uncertain that will actually be the case...Expecting a 32 year old OG to come in and make a huge impact is a bit of a stretch...That being said, what can it hurt? Assuming the guy has learned his lessons of course... B-)

I dont hate the move, and am definitely not "done with this team" about it. Eric Wood was buddies with him and I think he and Roman and Rex can keep Richies... "energies" focused in the right direction.

And as others have said, with basically the worst OG crew already, we have nothing to lose.

Another bold move by Whaley, should be interesting to see what else he and Rex do together.

What I like more than the signing of Incognito (have major doubts about him )is that this organization isexploring all avenues to get better. If he doesn't work out, what is lost? You can't hit on a longshot ifyou don't take a longshot.I never liked Incognito and his volatile and raging behavior. But I do believe in redemption, even for people who many consider a lost cause. Whether he ends up on the Bills or another team I hope he gets his turbulent life in order.

Is isexploring Apple's version of being curious?

I know typo just couldn't resist.

Except he insulted the team and the city while going out the door the last time. But that's okay. I'm sure Buffalo's a much more attractive location for him now.

Brandon Spikes did the same.

Yea- how he presented it wasn't the most trustworthy sounding but we've seen stranger prove true. In this case, the guy nailed it.

And agree on Richie. He was a serviceable guard that's now 32 and will be 2 years removed from action come september- one of those years with no team/support staff to keep him in shape. I don't think we can pencil this in as filling a hole as much as simply getting another option to try to fill it. Which is something teams need to do.

He's got 6 months to get into shape before TC and then all of TC and pre-season to get into game shape. And it also means he hasn't had wear and tear on his body for the past 1-1/2 years.

People might (or might not) be surprised to learn how much of the league views Johnathan Martin as the guy who broke the code of the locker room. Richie is viewed as an ahole, but he's surprisingly respected among players as he works hard and has his teammates back. I expect we'll go after Iupati to lock down the LG spot and have competition among a few for the RG spot. Signing Richie will make headlines, but unless he's better than guys like Urbik and Richardson, he's not coming anywhere near the final roster.

That's the sense I got. Sounded like Martin wanted to be Ritchie's friend, it got to be too intense for him after he started to suck on the field, and he went public. I'd rather it didn't happen, but I don't see it happening again.

meh. The guy would be 285 lb. if he was in shape and he is not a top tier Guard.

He's got lots of pretty flame tattoos on his arms though.

He made the Pro Bowl in 2012. And I highly doubt that was a popularity choice.