The Seahawks did something i did not think possible

plenzmd1

Seahawks are a physical team that feeds off each other.. lots of trash talk and celebrating individual plays keep them up..

but to be fair to Sherman, i believe his flashing "2" "4" was pointing out his team's points, as he gestured to the scoreboard immediately after. this is one of the reasons i seem to be the minority of fans who think Collingsworth is a bad 'color' man

Collingswarth is a bad color man. There were numerous examples yesterday. For one, he says "In overtime (in the Super Bowl) they play until someone wins." Duh! Okay, one more. In the first half, Brady puts a catchable ball right in Amendola's hands and he drops it. CC blamed Brady for some reason. One last one. Six seconds left in the first half and the Hawks are at the doorstep. If you're not going to kick a field goal, you'd better throw immediately if you still want time, should the pass fail, to kick a field goal before time expires. Wilson throws immediately and Hawks score. CC makes a comment indicating surprise that Wilson threw so quickly.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. I go to a University that has more bandwagon Seahawks fans I have ever seen in my entire life. They are arrogant, obnoxious, and fair-weathered. I also dislike most players on that team and while I hate the Patriots just as much, if not more, than any other Bills fan, seeing the Seahawks lose brought a smile to my face. I'm so sick of them, the only guys I respect on that team are Russell and Earl Thomas. The rest of the "LOB" and especially Doug Baldwin are just annoying and cocky so seeing them lose when they were so confident makes me very happy. Wish they could've both lost, but for my circumstances as of right now, the Pats winning was the lesser of 2 evils. Go Bills.

I can relate to that. I live in Denver and I hated the Broncos more than I hated the Patriots just because I can see firsthand how dorky their fans are. This football deflating thing kind of changed that though. I just hate them both so much. But yeah people who don't live here can't believe I hate the Broncos as much as the Patriots. I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd hate the Patriots even more. I'm just so sick of hating. I want to be happy because my team is good for once.

The funny thing about it is that I was pretty indifferent to Seahawks fans because I never really knew any of them until a year ago. I work with a team of about 75 people. There were 2 legitimate football fans that I could talk to before the super bowl - one is a Pats* fan and the other a Raiders fan. Now there's over half the team claiming to be football fans. Ridiculous. FWIW, Seattle is probably more of a baseball town... the Mariners actually do have a legit following of fans that care about the team. The Seahawks really don't.

And for the record, I have seen 0 Seahawks apparel this morning. I can tell you from personal experience that I've worn my Bills gear the day after super bowl losses. And that was in the NYC metro area.

I live in Washington and I have always supported the Seahawks, but after the crotch grabs the dump on the football the trash talking and the fight at the end I have soured

now add in the debate i just had with 2 co-workers who defended this crap.. I'm done.

The Seahawks no reside next to the Cowboys, Patriots in my I always want them to lose category

Saddest part is this SB had one team with numerous accounts of cheating or bending the rules and a player in jail on trial for a cold blooded murder, and another team that just acts like children grabbing their crotch taking fake dumps on a football, constant trash talking and acting like a brat in regards to media appearances

Edited by ddaryl

Check your Bills fandom at the door.

Anyone who roots for Paytoilet success can never be called a fan of the Bills.

>.>

Ahh yes the worlds dumbest argument resurfaces. A Bills fan can like any other team he wants and still be a Bills fan, amazing concept.

I live in Washington and I have always supported the Seahawks, but after the crotch grabs the dump on the football the trash talking and the fight at the end I have soured

now add in the debate i just had with 2 co-workers who defended this crap.. I'm done.

The Seahawks no reside next to the Cowboys, Patriots in my I always want them to lose category

Saddest part is this SB had one team with numerous accounts of cheating or bending the rules and a player in jail on trial for a cold blooded murder, and another team that just acts like children grabbing their crotch taking fake dumps on a football, constant trash talking and acting like a brat in regards to media appearances

Now you are not a REAL Bills Fan

In a way it was the perfect result. Yes, the Pats* won, but everyone outside of Boston knows they cheat. Also, we were spared the insufferable "back to back" nonsense from a team that, outside of Russell Wilson, is just completely unlikeable.

I'm with ya. I live in Seattle and soured on this team in 2012 with all of the gloating and trash talking and cheating (DBs holding on every play and league leading failed drug tests since Pete arrived) and the obnoxious bandwaggon fans. Not to mention they have Mr Sleaze Bag himself, Pete Carroll as the HC.

I am happy they lost. Some may say I'm not a REAL Bills fan because of this, but I put my Bills fandom up to anyone. I'm a season ticket holder and travel from Seattle to Buffalo at least twice a year to go to games (3 this year).

Seahawks have ZERO class. Good football team, but just gross.

I didn't care who won (hate em both) but i do love when another fanbase experiences the ultimate "gut punch" in the biggest game. As a miserable Buffalo sports fan I really enjoy having other cities feel that pain. It's probably awfully petty of me but whatever...

In a way it was the perfect result. Yes, the Pats* won, but everyone outside of Boston knows they cheat. Also, we were spared the insufferable "back to back" nonsense from a team that, outside of Russell Wilson, is just completely unlikeable.

This. Pete Carroll got his comeuppance on the world's biggest stage.

And there is still a big ol' *next to every single one of the Patriots*' SB victories*.

Now you are not a REAL Bills Fan

I'm sorry but I do not understand your reply to me. How am I not a REAL Bills fan ? Did I say I supported the Patriots ?, I clearly said the opposite in my last sentence that the SB was a joke in general because of classless Seahawks, and the Patriots cheating.

Did you not read my post or do you just suffer from a reading comprehension disorder ?

and If being a real Bills fan means I have to satisfy your definition.. well then I am not and never will be a real Bills fan. I take GREAT PRIDE in that

Edited by ddaryl

I will say I hate Pete Carroll and really like Russell Wilson. I'm glad RW comes out of that game unscathed while Pistol Pete takes all the heat for the boneheaded decision to throw on the 1 yard line.

The way Russell reacted when it was picked, it was like he knew that was a terrible play call and that result was inevitable.

I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't think Russell is a class act. Guy volunteers a ton of his time to causes around Seattle, namely the children's hospital. Just a likeable dude on a team of loudmouths.

I'm sorry but I do not understand your reply to me. How am I not a REAL Bills fan ? Did I say I supported the Patriots ?, I clearly said the opposite in my last sentence that the SB was a joke in general because of classless Seahawks, and the Patriots cheating.

Did you not read my post or do you just suffer from a reading comprehension disorder ?

and If being a real Bills fan means I have to satisfy your definition.. well then I am not and never will be a real Bills fan. I take GREAT PRIDE in that

I was being sarcastic, as some claim that if you don't HATE the Pats then you are not a Bills fan.

Seahawks actually made me happy the Pats won.

I guess i am old school, but while i hate the Pats , i do respect them. I have the exact opposite thoughts for the Seahawks.

The only person that has any semblance of class on that Seahawk team is Wilson. Miraculously , Lynch might be next closest.

The TD celebration, Sherman talking trash on Revis, the fight, justifying the fight afterwords.....and their fans seem to be just as classless as their team.

Shame Wilson is so young as that team will always be competitive while he is there....but damn i want that team to go away

You respect a team that cheated in all four of their Super Bowl winning seasons????

Why????

On another note, I love the Seahawks. They all competitors and they all make plays. They have each other's backs. They are a true TEAM. They talk **** and back it up. I see no reason to hate on them whatsoever.

Season-ticket holder and die-hard and I wanted the Pats to win. A classless bunch on Seattle only confirmed my disdain for them.

Do I hate the whining from Brady? Yep. Do I hate they're in our division? Yep.

Am I wowed by how they are coached, how they game-plan, and how a constantly changing group of seemingly misfit parts always seem to work, hell yeah. And that's the part that gets me. They do what they CAN do with what they have, not do what hey WANT to. That's the genius of Belichek. There are a lot of HCs who refuse to adjust their systems to their talent level. They find players with some pretty great skills that everyone else overlooks... like Edelman... and incorporate it into the system. Instead of being focused on speed and height, they consistently take small, fast and quick-cutting WRs and use them more effectively than anyone.

Sorry that they're in our division, sorry everyone hates Brady and Belichek and sorry you think they cheat every game ( think cheating, if that's what we're calling it, is way more widespread than anyone would want to believe). It doesn't, for me, take away from what I see between the lines and after Spygate and deflategate with a 37-year-old QB they won another Super Bowl.

As a fan with a team bereft of coaching and QBs for 15+ years, I enjoy watching good football and will always root for winning with class over ignorance. Sadly, the NFL is a hypocritical cesspool where players get fined for classless garbage like feigning dropping your pants and taking a dump and grabbing your crotch but celebrates a-holes like Sherman's sideline act calling out Revis. Full national attention for this media-whore not matter what he does, no matter how classless.

All that, I wanted the Packers over all of em anyway! Another classy group who does it right.

Well because we expect our kids to act with respect and class; and our coworkers; and society in general. I don't let me expectations down because it's football. What other sport is it both celebrated and accepted?

Very good post and I agree 100%. Getting a little tired of posters' allegiances to the Bills being questioned on this site because of an opinion or who they might want to win in any particular game outside of a Bills game.

i did not watch the game. I turned it on. saw the offensive holding . The camera was looking from just behind the the refs hat. Full body wrap by the Pats guard even spun him around , and turned the TV off.

I could not care less about these two teams.

sorry. At my age i have something better to do than be entertained by Goodell and his cronies.

Not surprised at all it was a thriller till the end when reading this morning.

I just root for the Bills. still.

Collingswarth is a bad color man. There were numerous examples yesterday. For one, he says "In overtime (in the Super Bowl) they play until someone wins." Duh! Okay, one more. In the first half, Brady puts a catchable ball right in Amendola's hands and he drops it. CC blamed Brady for some reason. One last one. Six seconds left in the first half and the Hawks are at the doorstep. If you're not going to kick a field goal, you'd better throw immediately if you still want time, should the pass fail, to kick a field goal before time expires. Wilson throws immediately and Hawks score. CC makes a comment indicating surprise that Wilson threw so quickly.

You're forgetting Nink's tackle on Marshawn during 3rd & 2... He stated something to the effect of "that's a veteran play right there". Yes... So actually being unblocked, following the ball and making a play is something that a veteran does? I would hope any player on a team would do that.

Collinsworth is not the worst in terms of commentators in the broadcast booth but given the fact that it's Prime Time football, I actually expect the team not to say some of the most boneheaded things on a consistent basis. I know it accommodates the casual fan but it could be better.