The Seahawks did something i did not think possible

plenzmd1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well because we expect our kids to act with respect and class; and our coworkers; and society in general. I don't let me expectations down because it's football. What other sport is it both celebrated and accepted?

For me this also applies to cheating and blatantly courting a hair band loser to buy your rival and move them to Canada before the body of their previous owner.....one who helped keep the very team you now own and bought primarily with your wife's family's money afloat.......is even cold.

One behavior is garden variety hooliganism and the other is conniving back stabbing. It's not a fun choice but I'll side with the hooligans.

Probably THE worst SB ever with respect to actively disliking both teams.

I wasn't in any pools so this game was complete cardboard to me. I had no taste for this game.

I volunteered to work instead of watching the Pittsburgh/Dallas SB years back because I didn't want to see either of those teams win, but this ranks right up there.

Edited by ricojes

I hate both teams. I wish the game went into quadruple overtime with the play deteriorating every minute and the players and coaches bickering and fighting with each other. The game would not end until well after midnight and people would turn off the tv in disgust or else pass out at the farce they are watching. :death:

Meteor strike?

I actually like the Seahawks. I wish they'd have ended Brady's career in the national spotlight.

That dude is an unethical, lying sack of ****.

I think with the history of these two...prolly good bet to think it was directed at Reevis

maybe, but it looks like he's gesturing to the scoreboard to me.. i certainly wouldn't have expressed an inflammatory opinion regarding his actions - as Collingsworth did - based on that. but he's less of a 'color' man, than he is a 'tabloid' reporter - so i guess it's expected.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap3000000467335/Sherman-calls-out-Revis

Because people are overly sensitive about just about everything nowadays. If the Bills were on the Seahawks level I bet they'd be singing a different tune.

Think just the opposite..us old timers who are not overly sensitive are the ones offended. We were brought uo to have respect for your opponent certainly, but more importantly have respect for yourself.

What Baldwin did after his TD's shows neither. And then to start that crap at the end...and defend it after. Just shows no respect for the game and yourselves

Think just the opposite..us old timers who are not overly sensitive are the ones offended. We were brought uo to have respect for your opponent certainly, but more importantly have respect for yourself.

What Baldwin did after his TD's shows neither. And then to start that crap at the end...and defend it after. Just shows no respect for the game and yourselves

completely agree. I usually don't care about that stuff; just was really turned off by the actions of many on that team in a game like that.

maybe, but it looks like he's gesturing to the scoreboard to me.. i certainly wouldn't have expressed an inflammatory opinion regarding his actions - as Collingsworth did - based on that. but he's less of a 'color' man, than he is a 'tabloid' reporter - so i guess it's expected.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/0ap3000000467335/Sherman-calls-out-Revis

Could be...but i think Collingsworth is the best on TV..weird that score put them on 24!

My friend Works for the NFL and he says Collinsworth is a giant D Bag off camera and a total a hole to everyone to go along with being a crappy commentator.

Sherman flashed the score and made it obvious by pointing to the score board. Let's not make something into something it's not again

Edited by Alphadawg7

I live in Seattle. Until you've experienced the fair weathered-nature of the fanbase here, and the obnoxious lack of football knowledge, I wouldn't expect you to understand. You know how much **** I took for that fake punt when the Bills were down by like 30 points in the 4th quarter against Seattle a few years ago?

I wanted both teams to lose this one... but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I've gotten the impression that the 12th man has SKYROCKETED up the power rankings for the most insufferable fans. Seems like they've been on a collision course since 2012 to own that distinction outright.

My friend Works for the NFL and he says Collinsworth is a giant D Bag off camera and a total a hole to everyone to go along with being a crappy commentator.

Sherman flashed the score and made it obvious by pointing to the score board. Let's not make something into something it's not again

You may not like him, but he's definitely not "crappy." Not compared to the other yahoos who attempt to do his job. Not by a long shot.

Frankly, the Collins/Michaels team is my favorite. And it's not even close.

Seahawks are a physical team that feeds off each other.. lots of trash talk and celebrating individual plays keep them up..

but to be fair to Sherman, i believe his flashing "2" "4" was pointing out his team's points, as he gestured to the scoreboard immediately after. this is one of the reasons i seem to be the minority of fans who think Collingsworth is a bad 'color' man

Im pretty sure he was pointing to the scoreboard as they showed revis give up a TD. There is nothing classy about Sherman on the field. During that 60 minutes of time. All non Seahawks fans I know wanna take him out.

Seahawks actually made me happy the Pats won.

I guess i am old school, but while i hate the Pats , i do respect them. I have the exact opposite thoughts for the Seahawks.

The only person that has any semblance of class on that Seahawk team is Wilson. Miraculously , Lynch might be next closest.

The TD celebration, Sherman talking trash on Revis, the fight, justifying the fight afterwords.....and their fans seem to be just as classless as their team.

Shame Wilson is so young as that team will always be competitive while he is there....but damn i want that team to go away

He was saying 24 as in "we are up 24-14 now". Collinsworth and NBC tried spinning it to make him look like he was taking a shot at Revis instead

Season-ticket holder and die-hard and I wanted the Pats to win. A classless bunch on Seattle only confirmed my disdain for them.

Do I hate the whining from Brady? Yep. Do I hate they're in our division? Yep.

Am I wowed by how they are coached, how they game-plan, and how a constantly changing group of seemingly misfit parts always seem to work, hell yeah. And that's the part that gets me. They do what they CAN do with what they have, not do what hey WANT to. That's the genius of Belichek. There are a lot of HCs who refuse to adjust their systems to their talent level. They find players with some pretty great skills that everyone else overlooks... like Edelman... and incorporate it into the system. Instead of being focused on speed and height, they consistently take small, fast and quick-cutting WRs and use them more effectively than anyone.

Sorry that they're in our division, sorry everyone hates Brady and Belichek and sorry you think they cheat every game ( think cheating, if that's what we're calling it, is way more widespread than anyone would want to believe). It doesn't, for me, take away from what I see between the lines and after Spygate and deflategate with a 37-year-old QB they won another Super Bowl.

As a fan with a team bereft of coaching and QBs for 15+ years, I enjoy watching good football and will always root for winning with class over ignorance. Sadly, the NFL is a hypocritical cesspool where players get fined for classless garbage like feigning dropping your pants and taking a dump and grabbing your crotch but celebrates a-holes like Sherman's sideline act calling out Revis. Full national attention for this media-whore not matter what he does, no matter how classless.

All that, I wanted the Packers over all of em anyway! Another classy group who does it right.

Well because we expect our kids to act with respect and class; and our coworkers; and society in general. I don't let me expectations down because it's football. What other sport is it both celebrated and accepted?

This post echoes my sentiments exactly. Nice job!

I live in Seattle. Until you've experienced the fair weathered-nature of the fanbase here, and the obnoxious lack of football knowledge, I wouldn't expect you to understand. You know how much **** I took for that fake punt when the Bills were down by like 30 points in the 4th quarter against Seattle a few years ago?

I wanted both teams to lose this one... but I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

I can relate to that. I live in Denver and I hated the Broncos more than I hated the Patriots just because I can see firsthand how dorky their fans are. This football deflating thing kind of changed that though. I just hate them both so much. But yeah people who don't live here can't believe I hate the Broncos as much as the Patriots. I'm sure if I lived in Boston I'd hate the Patriots even more. I'm just so sick of hating. I want to be happy because my team is good for once.

Im pretty sure he was pointing to the scoreboard as they showed revis give up a TD.

you might be right.. but he if he meant to trash Revis, i didn't get that message.. either way, i agree with the majority here in their opinion that both teams are hard to root for..