Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

I think the Belichick's son thing is way too premature to run with like many of you are. However, his son's involvement would explain why he felt the need to come out with that stupid, laughable pseudo-science lecture the other day.

Oh I admit it's probably too good to be true. Like the Patriots' success over the past 15 years.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect you to understand anything.

This is the response I expected.

Why do it if it doesn't help? Why do NFL players and coaches say it's an advantage?

Well, we've heard from Brunell and Bettis, maybe Aikman.....and some GM who used to work from Carolina..

We also heard from Aaron Rodgers who clearly like the ball overinflated (I wonder how they get overinflated?).

The rest of professional football we haven't heard from. My guess is that they don't really care or their QBs have done similar as "part of the game" for years. Certainly the pats didn't invent this deflation advantage.

The rest of professional football we haven't heard from. My guess is that they don't really care or their QBs have done similar as "part of the game" for years. Certainly the pats didn't invent this deflation advantage.

Why in the world didn't they just go to the ball handler in the first place? We know for sure if Brady and/or bellichick were complicit they would not be the ones doing the actual deflating. Get to the person(s) who had opportunity and grill them on what happened.

A} Who says they didnt. All that came out today was the report that they already spoke to him and that they have video. And B] According to the report, he is the "locker room attendant" and not the ball boy in charge of the balls or the equipment manager who would be in charge of the balls.

Well, we've heard from Brunell and Bettis, maybe Aikman.....and some GM who used to work from Carolina..

We also heard from Aaron Rodgers who clearly like the ball overinflated (I wonder how they get overinflated?).

lol. Why haven't we heard anyone in the NFL defending the Patriots then? Let me guess: all the other teams are liars. Everyone is corrupt except for New England.

So here we go, another "leaked" story...just like all the others that proved false, everyone now spewing this all over the place in the media (even though they are all quoting the same unnamed source) as if its gospel. What happens when another leaked report comes out tomorrow and says it was Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny who teamed up and leaked the air because they are Pats fans?

It amazes me how so many people so desperately want this to be true that they will grasp to every rumor and inaccurate leaked source as if it was coming directly from Gods mouth.

If the Pats are proven to have illegally tampered with something, drop the hammer. But its probably a better idea to wait until the actual real story comes out and the NFL states:

1. How many balls had a problem.

2. How off each individual ball was from the min PSI

3. Any evidence of tampering

4. What the balls for each team started at pre game and where they were at for both teams when they checked the PSI later during the investigation.

Until then, all of this is just so out of control its not worth following as nothing that has leaked has checked out so far...nothing.

Edited by Alphadawg7

A} Who says they didnt. All that came out today was the report that they already spoke to him and that they have video. And B] According to the report, he is the "locker room attendant" and not the ball boy in charge of the balls or the equipment manager who would be in charge of the balls.

Maybe the kid had to take a piss and took the balls with him.

There is only one real variable does the league announce what theyve found before the SuperBowl and then deal with the question of whether Brady & Belichek should be allowed to play, or drag it out every way they can to next week, and move on from there.

It is not complicated. Picture this call. Roger, this is Jim, your customer over here at CBS. We paid a lot for the rights to broadcast this years SuperBowl. My advertisers are telling me that if Brady and Belicek are suspended they want a discount on all commercial spots in the second half of the game. Roger, this is big money were talking about. My bosses are making it clear that if we lose money on the SuperBowl, me and a half dozen other guys over here will be retired soon. I know, Roger you need to do the right thing. Is there any way you can do the right thing next week, not this week? Remember Roger, we are your largest customer. Please

If there's cause to believe BB or TB were complicit they drag it out and don't announce anything. Then after some time has passed tbeyll announce the findings were inconclusive, but the pats practices in handling the balls were found not to follow league procedures or something and dole out a token fine. Then theyll release a statement stating more clearly the ball handling procedure to be followed going forward. Easy call here

I see you've fast forwarded to the "everybody does it" defense.

Maybe the kid had to take a piss and took the balls with him.

I think Jorge Posada used to piss on stuff. Maybe he was involved.

So here we go, another "leaked" story...just like all the others that proved false, everyone now spewing this all over the place in the media (even though they are all quoting the same unnamed source) as if its gospel. What happens when another leaked report comes out tomorrow and says it was Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny who teamed up and leaked the air because they are Pats fans?

It amazes me how so many people so desperately want this to be true that they will grasp to every rumor and inaccurate leaked source as if it was coming directly from Gods mouth.

If the Pats are proven to have illegally tampered with something, drop the hammer. But its probably a better idea to wait until the actual real story comes out and the NFL states:

1. How many balls had a problem.

2. How off each individual ball was from the min PSI

3. Any evidence of tampering

4. What the balls for each team started at pre game and where they were at for both teams when they checked the PSI later during the investigation.

Until then, all of this is just so out of control its not worth following as nothing that has leaked has checked out so far...nothing.

I don't think any leaked story has been "proven" false. The only think thing that was wrong, apparently, was some people jumped to a conclusion when it was first leaked that Jackson the linebacker was the one that first noted the ball was deflated. That wasn't true because the story was that Jackson gave it to the equipment guy and he reported it to the coach. So people jumped to the conclusion that Jackson must have felt it deflated and if he could tell something must be wrong. But they were reporting the sequence of events wrong. He caught it, ran out of bounds, and immediately gave it to the equipment guy who was the one that noticed. That's understandable but lazy reporting. That's not "proven false". What has been proven false that has been widely reported by any decent source?

Now.... if this were somehow CRIMINAL and he faced real consequences, we might learn something when he rolled over on the bad guys. But who really thinks anyone (especially an elected official) in that state wants to go that route? No one.

If it turns out Brady was lying and instructing the attendant to deflate the balls without bellichiks knowledge, IMO this will be bradys last game in a pats un

Pats have to look like theyre taking the high road. Belli has already separated himself from Brady on this. They know bradys clock is ticking and they drafted garafalo for a reason. At most it costs them one season....its a worthwhile trade off

Edited by JTSP

I don't think any leaked story has been "proven" false. The only think thing that was wrong, apparently, was some people jumped to a conclusion when it was first leaked that Jackson the linebacker was the one that first noted the ball was deflated. That wasn't true because the story was that Jackson gave it to the equipment guy and he reported it to the coach. So people jumped to the conclusion that Jackson must have felt it deflated and if he could tell something must be wrong. But they were reporting the sequence of events wrong. He caught it, ran out of bounds, and immediately gave it to the equipment guy who was the one that noticed. That's understandable but lazy reporting. That's not "proven false". What has been proven false that has been widely reported by any decent source?

Actually, the early reports had false quotes of D'Qwell with statements that the ball felt funny and he reported it. So those reports were proven wrong as the reports were not "we assume D'Qwell told the officials" they were that D'Qwell intercepted the ball and that it felt funny and he took it to the sidelines to get it checked out. They were 100% false reports...maybe they came from assumptions, but thats not how they were reported.

Secondly, the reports were out all over the place linking this to the Ravens in multiple facets. They supposedly complained to the NFL in previous games. They supposedly tipped off the Colts to the under inflated balls. They supposedly complained about the ball in the playoff game against the Pats. Harbaugh publicly addressed all those and said none of it is true and at no point has he or his organization suspected anything wrong with the footballs.

Reports state 11 of 12 balls were under by 2 PSI. Another report now states 1 ball was and the others slightly less than the min. Thats 2 reports that don't match...therefore at least one is false, if not both. They both can't be true as they say different things.

Thats 3, maybe 4 that we already know are absolutely incorrect from "leaked" sources. Not one thing, literally not a single thing, that has been reported has been proven correct. Several proven incorrect, and many are still up in the air.

Answer me this, what information has been verified as being true? I will help you, none. We don't know how many balls, how much each ball was off, how many (if any) of the Colts balls varied from the initial check, etc etc. We literally know nothing other than leaked reports that either get disproven directly or have various contradictory reports on the same information.

Until the NFL makes a statement clarifying the facts of this case, all of this is rumor, gossip and a witch hunt. F the Pats, and if they cheated, drop the hammer. But I am tired of all the misinformation and gossip being spewed on every sports blog, news station, talk show, etc rather than talking about what could be a great game.