Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King is most likely the best bet from a true league source. This is the most he really has:

"

• All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge at halftime. I am told either 11 or 12 of New England’s footballs (ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported it was 11, and I hear it could have been all 12) had at least two pounds less pressure in them. All 12 Indianapolis footballs were at the prescribed level.
  • All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge after the game. All 24 checked at the correct pressure—which is one of the last pieces of the puzzle the league needed to determine with certainty that something fishy happened with the Patriots footballs, because the Colts’ balls stayed correctly inflated for the nearly four hours. There had been reports quoting atmospheric experts that cold weather could deflate footballs. But if the Patriots’ balls were all low, and the Colts’ balls all legit, that quashes that theory.

The conclusion: There is little doubt the New England footballs were tampered with by a human."

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/23/deflategate-patriots-super-bowl-xlix/

Peter King is most likely the best bet from a true league source. This is the most he really has:

"

• All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge at halftime. I am told either 11 or 12 of New England’s footballs (ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported it was 11, and I hear it could have been all 12) had at least two pounds less pressure in them. All 12 Indianapolis footballs were at the prescribed level.
  • All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge after the game. All 24 checked at the correct pressure—which is one of the last pieces of the puzzle the league needed to determine with certainty that something fishy happened with the Patriots footballs, because the Colts’ balls stayed correctly inflated for the nearly four hours. There had been reports quoting atmospheric experts that cold weather could deflate footballs. But if the Patriots’ balls were all low, and the Colts’ balls all legit, that quashes that theory.
The conclusion: There is little doubt the New England footballs were tampered with by a human."

Wow--I had not seen that. You're right about his sources being top notch; he's also a notorious Pats* homer, so for him to write something like that the Pats* are screwed 8 ways to Sunday. Couldn't happen yo a nicer team/coach/owner/fan base......

They think we are either all stupid, or we will just all forget about it.

i don't think it's either.. they know we have to watch. it's our game, played by the best among us.

it's unfortunate that our best must play in the NFL - a corrupt business that dishonors our game

their 'product' is unmatched in the world, because it's one of a kind.. and it's one of a kind, because it's comprised of the best of us.. the best of millions of american men who have gathered to play, coach and cheer the game on thousands of fields across our country - for generations. we are the game. we conceive it each hot july on pop warner practice fields; nurture it on cool autumn friday night high school fields; and mature it on cold winter saturday afternoon college fields.. we honor the game by giving everything we've got to it, knowing that the most we'll ever get back from it, is whatever respect our efforts earned that day.. and that's more than enough to keep us coming back. i guarantee you, that these two teams would play for nothing on your local high school field, if that was the only place they had to prove who was the champion. you may begin to play this game for your father, or for your sweetheart, or for money - but to play it well, and play it best, it has to be played for respect.. for honor.

the league seeks to hide dishonorable events, because it's caretakers fear their 'product' may be perceived as dishonorable.. and they're right.. because their 'product' has no honor - it's a brand they've put on our game.. the fact that a handful of men find themselves fortunate enough to be in a position to squeeze out every last drop of our love for the game into their pockets, is disturbing.. we all sense their slimy touch, and we can only hope that when the whistle blows, they haven't infected our game - a game played for honor - with their dishonorable connivances

i don't think it's either.. they know we have to watch. it's our game, played by the best among us.

it's unfortunate that our best must play in the NFL - a corrupt business that dishonors our game

their 'product' is unmatched in the world, because it's one of a kind.. and it's one of a kind, because it's comprised of the best of us.. the best of millions of american men who have gathered to play, coach and cheer the game on thousands of fields across our country - for generations. we are the game. we conceive it each hot july on pop warner practice fields; nurture it on cool autumn friday night high school fields; and mature it on cold winter saturday afternoon college fields.. we honor the game by giving everything we've got to it, knowing that the most we'll ever get back from it, is whatever respect our efforts earned that day.. and that's more than enough to keep us coming back. i guarantee you, that these two teams would play for nothing on your local high school field, if that was the only place they had to prove who was the champion. you may begin to play this game for your father, or for your sweetheart, or for money - but to play it well, and play it best, it has to be played for respect.. for honor.

the league seeks to hide dishonorable events, because it's caretakers fear their 'product' may be perceived as dishonorable.. and they're right.. because their 'product' has no honor - it's a brand they've put on our game.. the fact that a handful of men find themselves fortunate enough to be in a position to squeeze out every last drop of our love for the game into their pockets, is disturbing.. we all sense their slimy touch, and we can only hope that when the whistle blows, they haven't infected our game - a game played for honor - with their dishonorable connivances

Well said.

"

so plain and freaking simple they cheated and lied and now are going to blame it on "Jimmy the lockerroom kid". These people are ridiculous and have zero credibility. If i didn't know this whole story was real I would expect it to be a movie with Peter Sellers in it kind of like Dr. Strangelove or the Mouse that Roared. You can't make this crap up.

They may take our lives.

But they CANNOT TAKE OUR FREEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

Wait if he is employed by the Patriots isn't the team that employs him still responsible? They can claim ignorance all they want. It happened under their watch.

And once again, a ball boy doesn't do this on his own without some direction from the HOF QB or the HOF coach. That's just not plausible.

"

• All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge at halftime. I am told either 11 or 12 of New Englands footballs (ESPNs Chris Mortensen reported it was 11, and I hear it could have been all 12) had at least two pounds less pressure in them. All 12 Indianapolis footballs were at the prescribed level.
  • All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge after the game. All 24 checked at the correct pressure which is one of the last pieces of the puzzle the league needed to determine with certainty that something fishy happened with the Patriots footballs, because the Colts balls stayed correctly inflated for the nearly four hours. There had been reports quoting atmospheric experts that cold weather could deflate footballs. But if the Patriots balls were all low, and the Colts balls all legit, that quashes that theory.

All I am going on is what you just said and quoted, so I don't see how they are guilty then if all 24 balls were checked AFTER the game and ALL 24 were at the CORRECT pressure...If what is in your post is correct, then that means the gauge they used initially was off and when later checked all the balls checked out correctly. It would actually mean the Patriots are innocent. I don't know if you posted this wrong or if thats the actual info released, but if its accurate then it would suggest the Pats are innocent not guilty.

Also what Peter King is clearly missing in the first bullet point is that unless you know the official starting PSI of the Colts footballs, you have no way of knowing if the PSI changed. The question is not if the Colts footballs were legal...the question is was there any variance in the PSI during the pregame check and the post game check in their footballs. If there was, then it gives credibility to the Pats...if there wasnt, then it gives credibility to manipulation.

I like Peter King, but IMO, for him to not address whether there was variance and just say the Colts balls had a legal amount of PSI is irresponsible journalism as its misleading and incomplete information.

Edited by Alphadawg7

If all 24 tested after the game at the corrext pressure, then how is NE guilty of anyting. Not following that logic

Testing properly is critical at the beginning, at the end, and at every point in between. I don't think we'd be having this discussion if there wasn't a problem, and the league has confirmed there was a problem.

All I am going on is what you just said and quoted, so I don't see how they are guilty then if all 24 balls were checked AFTER the game and ALL 24 were at the CORRECT pressure...If what is in your post is correct, then that means the gauge they used initially was off and when later checked all the balls checked out correctly. It would actually mean the Patriots are innocent. I don't know if you posted this wrong or if thats the actual info released, but if its accurate then it would suggest the Pats are innocent not guilty.

Also what Peter King is clearly missing in the first bullet point is that unless you know the official starting PSI of the Colts footballs, you have no way of knowing if the PSI changed. The question is not if the Colts footballs were legal...the question is was there any variance in the PSI during the pregame check and the post game check in their footballs. If there was, then it gives credibility to the Pats...if there wasnt, then it gives credibility to manipulation.

I like Peter King, but IMO, for him to not address whether there was variance and just say the Colts balls had a legal amount of PSI is irresponsible journalism as its misleading and incomplete information.

what he is saying is that the balls were OK for the pregame check. Then during the game, sometime before halftime they (the 11 in question) were discovered to be out of the acceptable range (by 2 lbs). The officials reinflated them at halftime. Then they checked them after the game and there was no change during the second half of play.

what he is saying is that the balls were OK for the pregame check. Then during the game, sometime before halftime they (the 11 in question) were discovered to be out of the acceptable range (by 2 lbs). The officials reinflated them at halftime. Then they checked them after the game and there was no change during the second half of play.

But thats not what it says in his post...says nothing about them being inflated again at half time by the refs in what he posted. If that is true, then I see where comments come from and makes sense what he is saying. So if that was also stated, its not in that post I responded too. Like I said, I only responded to what the poster posted as I have not yet seen the Peter King article myself.

So the question becomes did the refs put more air in all those under inflated footballs at half time? And do we know the answer to that or are people assuming stuff? Because if they did NOT do that, then the 24 balls being correct at the end of the game suggests the Pats didn't manipulate the ball and the gauge they used at half time was off. Its very very common to have air pressure gauges, thermometers, scales, etc be inconsistent and vary from one to the other.

Edited by Alphadawg7