Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

Yeah, they are technically his responsibility for like 2.5 hours, pee break or not

We don't really know that. That could easily have been the plan and way they do it. The locker room attendant would be different from the ball boys who handle them during the game or the equipment manager who would likely be the boss of all this stuff. The locker room attendant could just be the pizza delivery guy for all intents and purposes.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took them in because he had them with him.

Really, why over-complicate this? When you're carrying something, and duck in to the john to take a leak, how much thought do you put in to it? What utterly ridiculous speculation.

You imply he was in the act of going to the field and then said "Oh I gotta take a piss...you boys go on ahead and I'll catch up with you" and then he ducked into the bathroom.

You have no idea if that is how it played out. The quoted article (which in turn interprets a source) simply says video footage shows a guy going into the bathroom "before" taking them to the field. 1 hour before? 2 hours before? 15 minutes?

It doesn't say "immediately before and while in the act of approaching the field."

Can we all just take a step back and revel in the demise of the Pats

I hate them, too, but I think you may be getting ahead of yourself a bit there. There's still the game on Sunday, remember, and a long ways to go in this investigation. I'm touching wood that you're correct, however!

We don't really know that. That could easily have been the plan and way they do it. The locker room attendant would be different from the ball boys who handle them during the game or the equipment manager who would likely be the boss of all this stuff. The locker room attendant could just be the pizza delivery guy for all intents and purposes.

Yeah, that's true. I'm just waiting for the NFL's line of questioning leading this fall guy to turn on Brady. That would fall perfectly in line with my grand conspiracy :thumbsup:

The Patriots ball boy who took the footballs to the bathroom is going to have to make room in the doghouse.

Via Jeff Darlington of the NFL Network, the fire alarm at the Patriots hotel went off in the middle of the night, forcing everyone up for about 10 minutes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/27/fire-alarm-at-patriots-hotel-goes-off-in-middle-of-the-night/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

:worthy::worthy: LOVE IT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

90 seconds isn't enough time to deflate two sets of balls.

No it's not.

That doesn't mean we can't have fun and run with conspiracy theories. Like swapping 1 bag of balls for another.

I think it is laughable to think that the ball boy's job would be to "guard the balls with his life" for the entire time prior to the game, including bringing them with him into the bathroom for a leak.

I'm sure they are being handled much more casually than that, and anyone around would know "don't touch the balls". Who would be thinking to screw with the balls anyway? (Other than the ball boy crew who work with Brady and know how to manipulate them to his liking that is!)

He took them in because he had them with him.

Really, why over-complicate this? When you're carrying something, and duck in to the john to take a leak, how much thought do you put in to it? What utterly ridiculous speculation.

I was making a joke, I should have written 'lol' after my comment. LOL

Maybe he took the Colt's balls in the bathroom and pissed on them?

Or maybe the dude's got a needle prick and he was in there humping the Patriots' balls cuz he has some kind of man crush on Brady. His repeated needle prick humping pumped some air out of those balls.

90 seconds seems fast, but I don't think the NFL would have leaked that information to the public unless it was significant.

Whether they truly think this is the missing link showing guilt or not, they may have leaked it b/c they intend to base their case on this video. Who knows.

Like this video is enough of a smoking gun for them to base an assumption of guilt on the Patriots.

Imagine if he was in there 5 minutes and the poor guy had to get interrogated because he been eating binding food the night before.

Not sure if it matters whether he deflated the balls at that exact point in time. The fact is that if this report is accurate, then the balls got deflated under the watch of the Pats....like we have known pretty much all along.

Edited by 4merper4mer

90 seconds seems fast, but I don't think the NFL would have leaked that information to the public unless it was significant.

It's not fast if there's someone else who's already in the bathroom, waiting. Two people could easily do this in 90 seconds.

And yeah I know how ridiculous it sounds. So what?

Edited by BRH

I think it's funny the league leaked it when the Patriots were on a plane heading to the SB, so they couldn't respond for a couple hours even if they wanted to. I'm starting to sense some bad blood between the league and the Pats, because that's a pretty dirty tactic. Combined with Robert Kraft's statements yesterday there definitely seems to be a rift in his and Goodell's relationship.

It's not fast if there's someone else who's already in the bathroom, waiting. Two people could easily do this in 90 seconds.

Good point. I hadn't even considered that.

I think it is laughable to think that the ball boy's job would be to "guard the balls with his life" for the entire time prior to the game, including bringing them with him into the bathroom for a leak.

I'm sure they are being handled much more casually than that, and anyone around would know "don't touch the balls". Who would be thinking to screw with the balls anyway? (Other than the ball boy crew who work with Brady and know how to manipulate them to his liking that is!)

It wasn't the ball boy though

The Patriots probably did it. They were the ones that allegedly gave the video to the NFL. They probably think it helps them create doubt.

Imagine if he was in there 5 minutes and the poor guy had to get interrogated because he been eating binding food the night before.

Not sire if it matters whether he deflated the balls at that exact point in time. The fact is that if this report is accurate, then the balls got deflated under the watch of the Pats*....like we have know pretty much all along.

Item # 1 - it is forbidden to type Pats* w/o the asterisk

90 seconds in hell.. no way to deflate them all to the measured values in that time

FACT - the balls got deflated under the watch of the Putrids

The NFL has to find a smoking gun other than the potty break and or make the Putrids come up with a rational explanation how it happened. If they can't then they get punished.

And yeah I know how ridiculous it sounds. So what?

wouldn't video also record the second person on the grassy knoll entering before and exiting after.

Come on people MAKE the theories reasonable!!!

Item # 1 - it is forbidden to type Pats* w/o the asterisk

90 seconds in hell.. no way to deflate them all to the measured values in that time

FACT - the balls got deflated under the watch of the Putrids

The NFL has to find a smoking gun other than the potty break and or make the Putrids come up with a rational explanation how it happened. If they can't then they get punished.

wouldn't video also record the second person on the grassy knoll entering before and exiting after.

Come on people MAKE the theories reasonable!!!

I don't think it happened that way but there is surely a way. A kind of gauge that has been preset to lose 2 pounds of pressure would take 2-3 seconds for each ball. In, out, ball deflated precise amount. Done.

You imply he was in the act of going to the field and then said "Oh I gotta take a piss...you boys go on ahead and I'll catch up with you" and then he ducked into the bathroom.

You have no idea if that is how it played out. The quoted article (which in turn interprets a source) simply says video footage shows a guy going into the bathroom "before" taking them to the field. 1 hour before? 2 hours before? 15 minutes?

It doesn't say "immediately before and while in the act of approaching the field."

I agree with you context of timing is everything here. FWIW, it doesn't make much sense to me to allow the ball attendant to have the game balls in his possession after the balls are checked up until game time. It makes more sense for the balls to stay secured in a room until, let's say, 20-30 minutes before the game when the attendant accesses the room and takes the balls up to the field.

Having to go to the bathroom on the walk up to the field seems highly suspicious in this context. If the Patriots are intent on changing the pressure then it has to be done quickly and out of any camera range. There are a lot of cameras on the field and in the building. Think they risked invasion of privacy by placing some in the restroom? Is it beyond a detail-oriented guy like Belicheck to have a system to leave the balls in the bag and quickly, uniformly deflate them with the proper equipment?

Only other thing I can think if it was only 11 out of 12 balls is that the 12th ball would be for kicking field goals. If so, I would think it would be marked in some subtle way.

I don't think it happened that way but there is surely a way. A kind of gauge that has been preset to lose 2 pounds of pressure would take 2-3 seconds for each ball. In, out, ball deflated precise amount. Done.

Sure, one could get a gauge to "close" at the intended weight.

Czaban on DC radio did a test during his show Thursday or Friday and it only took a fraction of a second to lower the PSI from 13 to 11.5.

If this were a normal rest room... Swap out the balls hidden in the drop ceiling or a cabinet (under the floor) is a much more reasonable task than deflating 12 balls,

NEW RULES

The game balls shall not leave the possession of the Referees hence forth.

and to be honest LET all the balls be brand new. Neither team should have the ability to touch the balls before a game. No scuffing, no soaking etc etc

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever