Patriots locker room attendant implicated in Deflate gate

It seems highly unlikely than a ball boy would grab a bag of footballs and take them into the bathroom with him simply so he could take a piss. That doesn't make sense.

However...just b/c the NFL says "we have video of a guy taking a ball bag into the bathroom" doesn't mean this has anything to do with the alleged crime. Nor does it necessarily mean that the Patriots are innocent.

The Patriots apparently had an enormous amount of time to adjust air pressure to their liking. Just b/c video exists of this guy going into the bathroom with the balls doesn't mean the guy was deflating the balls. But it doesn't mean the Patriots didn't cheat elsewhere at a different time.

We are getting tiny snippets of info. yet trying to play the role of the jury. We need more info.

And by the way, do you think the Patriots, if cheating, would be loosely aware of where the video cameras are, and are not? I bet they had an idea. And I will further bet you they know right where to go to deflate the balls so that no video camera would see them. That may have been the bathroom incident caught on tape. Or it might have been somewhere totally different done at a totally different time. Who knows.

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They checked the Colts balls, too, before the game and they were fine. What, the gauge was off for the Pats but not the Colts?

Not before the game, at half time. Did they check colts at half time or not is the question. If at the end of the game they check all 24 and all 24 were fine, then what about half time? If they didn't check the colts at half time, then we don't know if the colts would have been off too using the same gauge. That's the point. To my knowledge the Colts were checked twice (Before and after game) and both had correct amount of PSI. Pats were checked 3 times (before, during and after game). Before and after the PSI was correct...however during the time where ONLY Pats balls were checked there was a discrepancy...so how do we know it wasn't a faulty gauge or impacted by the environment if they didn't also check the Colts balls at the same time, with the same gauge in the same environment?

So the point is, if the pats were fine at end of game after refs took the balls at halftime then it's possible, even likely that the gauge they used on the field at halftime was inaccurate. And you can't say the Colts wasn't off if they didn't use the same gauge at the same time at half time to also check the Colts. All reports I have seen make no mention of checking Colts balls at halftime.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Not before the game, at half time. Did they check colts at half time or not is the question. If at the end of the game they check all 24 and all 24 were fine, then what about half time? If they didn't check the colts at half time, then we don't know if the colts would have been off too using the same gauge. That's the point. To my knowledge the Colts were checked twice (Before and after game) and both had correct amount of PSI. Pats were checked 3 times (before, during and after game). Before and after the PSI was correct...however during the time where ONLY Pats balls were checked there was a discrepancy...so how do we know it wasn't a faulty gauge or impacted by the environment if they didn't also check the Colts balls at the same time, with the same gauge in the same environment?

So the point is, if the pats were fine at end of game after refs took the balls at halftime then it's possible, even likely that the gauge they used on the field at halftime was inaccurate. And you can't say the Colts wasn't off if they didn't use the same gauge at the same time at half time to also check the Colts. All reports I have seen make no mention of checking Colts balls at halftime.

Give me a break. If the gauge was off they would have already come out and said so. There is no doubt they already checked the gauge or gauges. It's not like they are going to be using old rusty gauges that they found laying in a damp corner of someone's basement. And a low pressure gauge being off by more than 10% is pretty ridiculous too. It is one of the least likely scenarios possible. I don't know what your hidden agenda is about this, but your ridiculous bias is obvious. If the Patriots weren't guilty, there is no way in hell the NFL would do this to them. And there is no way Goodell would do this to Kraft. It is not good for anyone to falsely accuse the Patriots. This story would have been quickly squashed if it wasn't true.

So after the refs determined the Pats balls were under-inflated at halftime with the faulty gauge, they put more air in the balls which actually would have overinflated the balls, right? How do you explain that the balls were back to normal with the accurate gauges at the end of the game then?

It seems highly unlikely than a ball boy would grab a bag of footballs and take them into the bathroom with him simply so he could take a piss. That doesn't make sense.

However...just b/c the NFL says "we have video of a guy taking a ball bag into the bathroom" doesn't mean this has anything to do with the alleged crime. Nor does it necessarily mean that the Patriots are innocent.

The Patriots apparently had an enormous amount of time to adjust air pressure to their liking. Just b/c video exists of this guy going into the bathroom with the balls doesn't mean the guy was deflating the balls. But it doesn't mean the Patriots didn't cheat elsewhere at a different time.

We are getting tiny snippets of info. yet trying to play the role of the jury. We need more info.

And by the way, do you think the Patriots, if cheating, would be loosely aware of where the video cameras are, and are not? I bet they had an idea. And I will further bet you they know right where to go to deflate the balls so that no video camera would see them. That may have been the bathroom incident caught on tape. Or it might have been somewhere totally different done at a totally different time. Who knows.

Going to the bathroom seems like an entirely plausible exlplanation to me. Deflating 11 balls in 90 seconds sounds entirely implausible.

What about this:

10 seconds to remove 12 balls

Stick 2 balls at a time with a needle in each hand for 10 seconds (60 sec total)

10 seconds to put 12 balls back into bag

10 seconds to flush the toilet and run the sink.

Lol, but that of course sounds wildly implausible.

This is just getting pathetic.

First it was the weather.

Then it was the prep process.

And now it's a ball boy acting on his own.

The NFL is throwing everything at the wall until something sticks that will free the Patriots of any wrongdoing.

this.

It's so sad and football fans, regardless of team, should be pissed-off that the league's conflicts of interest are on full display. Not a level playing field when it comes to big market owners who are chummy with the Commish.

I hope this brings down: Goodell, BB, TB and (less likely but I can dream) fat daddy Kraft for that presser yesterday…what nerve.

I called it!

I knew some locker room kid was going to take the wrap for this!

CBF

It will not matter - nobody outside of the delusional Pats fan base (and a few inexplicably pro-Pats Bills fans here) will EVER believe that TB/BB were not involved.

They have already tried the "move on, nothing to see here", "I had no idea", "we're being targeted", "It's physics dammit!","you hurt my feelings", "you will owe us an apology"

Lying through their teeth the entire way in a most pathetic fashion.

It's over for them and they just cannot seem to understand that they have done it to themselves. Pure arrogance and hubris.

2. We seem to have dueling leaks with competing narratives going on the last few days. Will be interesting to see what finally comes out here.

for the most part, thats all alpha and I are saying when people come down with firm judgements based on "facts" that they claim they know. i know I, and guess he, would probably agree its fishy and if forced to guess what happened would be close to the theme of the board, but we arent forced to do that yet so we can play devils advocate a bit, and make sure that second narrative is represented.

Going to the bathroom seems like an entirely plausible exlplanation to me. Deflating 11 balls in 90 seconds sounds entirely implausible.

Lol, but that of course sounds wildly implausible.

its an aggressive system, to say the least, if the ball boy did this all in 90 seconds. taking a bathroom break on his way out to the field seems the easiest, for all those that were advocating the simple answer usually being correct.

this.

It's so sad and football fans, regardless of team, should be pissed-off that the league's conflicts of interest are on full display. Not a level playing field when it comes to big market owners who are chummy with the Commish.

I hope this brings down: Goodell, BB, TB and (less likely but I can dream) fat daddy Kraft for that presser yesterdaywhat nerve.

id go back to dorkingtons post but didnt see it, but will mention again, there has been no one that has claimed a rogue ball boy, yet. it may happen but not yet.

and repeat if the commish is just trying to protect kraft why didnt he say "hey bro, dont mess with the balls tomorrow" at the party

Edited by NoSaint

What about this:

10 seconds to remove 12 balls

Stick 2 balls at a time with a needle in each hand for 10 seconds (60 sec total)

10 seconds to put 12 balls back into bag

10 seconds to flush the toilet and run the sink.

20 seconds to take a bag of balls from the drop ceiling

70 to pee and wash hands

It doesn't matter whether the balls were deflated in the bathroom or not. They were deflated. Period. And it apparently been established on film that the balls were in the possession of the Patriots. Is there really anything else needed to figure out which NFL franchise is responsible for the balls being out of specification?

for the most part, thats all alpha and I are saying when people come down with firm judgements based on "facts" that they claim they know. i know I, and guess he, would probably agree its fishy and if forced to guess what happened would be close to the theme of the board, but we arent forced to do that yet so we can play devils advocate a bit, and make sure that second narrative is represented.

its an aggressive system, to say the least, if the ball boy did this all in 90 seconds. taking a bathroom break on his way out to the field seems the easiest, for all those that were advocating the simple answer usually being correct.

id go back to dorkingtons post but didnt see it, but will mention again, there has been no one that has claimed a rogue ball boy, yet. it may happen but not yet.

and repeat if the commish is just trying to protect kraft why didnt he say "hey bro, dont mess with the balls tomorrow" at the party

OMG man - really? Nobody ever asserted that the Commissioner is privy to all of their nefarious methods in advance. He (Goodell) clearly does his thing once they are made public.

If this were the Bills, the punishment will have already come down as if they were 100% guilty with full proof in-hand .