New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Don't worry Pats* fans..

You'll get to celebrate a 4th SB won next week but don't expect anyone else to celebrate your team.

Your SB win will always be viewed with a *

Nah. My man Russel Wilson, with a river boat gambling Baby Jesus on his side, will together tease the pats until they deliver the final devestating death blow--just as they did to Aaron Rodgers and slow-witted Mike McCarthy last week.

Buddy Nix shoule be made to watch this SB in the same manner in which "Alex" in "A Clockwork Orange" had to watch those movies of violence.

I agree with that for the most part.

Unless the NFL has told them after Spygate and other stuff to cut it out. And we will come down harder on you with less burden of proof, like Goodell publicly said after it. Then it's more akin to your on probation and if you do something small, regardless of what it is, you're going to jail. The last straw could be the case here. I'm not predicting it is, but I do think the NFL is absolutely furious with the Pats right now regardless of the displaced love affair with Krafty.

"Furious" in a "wink wink" kind of way. These two teams are somewhat villainous--the NFL needed to really have a dominant bad guy going into next Sunday. It couldn't have worked out better as a story line.

The goal is to maximize viewers, which then maximizes the amout the networks can demand per ad spot. This is everyone's (the NFL, the networks, the media) absolute wet dream come true.

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. My man Russel Wilson, with a river boat gambling Baby Jesus on his side, will together tease the pats until they deliver the final devestating death blow--just as they did to Aaron Rodgers and slow-witted Mike McCarthy last week.

Buddy Nix shoule be made to watch this SB in the same manner in which "Alex" did in "A Clockwork Orange" had to watch those movies of violence.

"Furious" in a "wink wink" kind of way. These tow teams are somewhat villainous--the NFL needed to really have a dominant bad guy going into next Sunday. It couldn't have worked out better as a story line.

The goal is to maximize viewers, which then maximizes the amout the networks can demand per ad spot. This is everyone's (the NFL, the networks, the media) absolute wet dream come tru.

If that were true they would do something horrible to the Patriots. That would drive the press and the interest way further up, as well as make the majority of the fans happy. That would be a huge win win for them.

Exactly! Everyone knows that at 12.5 psi, the ball simply can't be held without fumbling, whereas at 10.5 psi, the ball cannot be dropped or dislodged.

This is all great theater. My favorite was watching MArk Brunell cry after Brady's press conference. This was after he, a guy who threw for over 4000 yards once in his career made the bizarre claim that he would have been able to throw a deflated football "10 yards further" (furhter than his WRs 10 yard slant pattern most likely). Although Jerome Bettis's claim that as a 300 lb RB, a ball 2 psi lower than allowed would have been much easier to hold onto was also priceless.

Please refresh my memory on your career NFL stats? How bout you college stats?

Priceless is someone who has never played an NFL game questioning the validity of two people who both had outstanding careers in the NFL.

I may be wrong in this misguided notion ,but I will stay with it.

Plus he logic of your argument makes no sense.

I will risk my reputation, and my teams Reputation,by breaking a rule that gives me no advantage.

Are you really saying that Brady and Belichec are that dumb?? Kinda goes agaist the whole genius label no?

Edited by plenzmd1

We all might as well enjoy this now, because next Sunday the Patriots* will be out for revenge and to prove a point.

Seattle does not stand a chance in hell.

27-14, and it won't be that close. 27-7 until the Hawks tack on a meaningless TD halfway through the 4th.

And the endless gushing about how AMAZING the Patriots* truly are and how they have forever silenced all critics for the rest of time will be the company line.

We all know it's true.

We all might as well enjoy this now, because next Sunday the Patriots* will be out for revenge and to prove a point.

Seattle does not stand a chance in hell.

27-14, and it won't be that close. 27-7 until the Hawks tack on a meaningless TD halfway through the 4th.

And the endless gushing about how AMAZING the Patriots* truly are and how they have forever silenced all critics for the rest of time will be the company line.

We all know it's true.

I doubt that very much. The Patriots are going to be taken behind the woodshed by the Seahawks in this Superbowl. The defending champs are going to make Brady pay severely after being completely ignored by the country for two weeks.

The Patriots "dynasty" probably ended with this scandal. I think there's a chance that Kraft will make major changes after seeing his franchise no longer having any credibility in the eyes of the league and public.

But don't you agree as a general matter that a deflated football is easier to throw, catch and hang onto? And that if they've done it for a while it could impact their long-term stats?

Anyone else get the feeling that the coaching fraternity may have had enough Patriot* BS skirting the rules? If so, this won't be the last accusations against those guys.

Reports out of the senior bowl were coaches didn't seem thrilled that this was getting cracked down on (via pft earlier this week)

If it were any other team, I'd be willing to dismiss this with a 5 digit fine and be done with it. But it's not. It's a team with a history of cheating and stretching the rules, led by a man who doesn't do anything unless there is an advantage to it. Context matters. Come down hard here and the Pats will think twice before doing something else shady, let alone illegal. Try to put too fine a point on it by arguing how much of an advantage it was encourages them to stretch the limits of the game further.

kj

I just don't love the concept of punishing anyone for the idea that you probably didn't catch everything

Early in this some posters were acting like it should be visually obvious, and now exaggerated to 3 lbs it takes a professional handling-- I think that's atleast worth noting in the narrative. Heck, even with the fumble stats - are we saying something an average joe can't feel is creating the type of gap many are saying proves it?

How would you explain the fumble gap - specifically that the six Pats* players studied fumbled half as often in a Pats* uniform than when they played for other teams?

Didn't argue they were fully inflated

Didn't argue it was no advantage

But just like any other rule/penalty you would look at the type of advantage gained and how widely violated/enforced it is....

How widely enforced it is? The refs make a point of checking the footballs for each and every game. Isn't that sort of a clue in? C'mon man. The NFL doesn't want teams screwing with the game balls. It compromises the integrity of the game, regardless of whether one wears Tom "Softballs" Brady pajamas or not.

How would you explain the fumble gap - specifically that the six Pats* players studied fumbled half as often in a Pats* uniform than when they played for other teams?

I think it's some sort of macho thing going on with these people. I get the feeling that think that it isn't macho to complain about the cheating, it should be down played it, and teams need to quit whining and overcome it anyways. So coming from that "tough guy" perspective, eye popping and obvious proof of cheating that you have pointed out will be disregarded.

The irony is that they're in the cheaters corner and cheating isn't exactly manly, is it...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

Patriots* are a national punchline.

That is far worse than losing a draft pick. Once people make up their minds that you're a cheater you never come back from it.

Bill Belicheat is still coaching the Cheatriots and many are still calling him the "Greatest of All-Time" despite several proven instances of rules violations.