New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this on the Pats boards. Never heard of the source before but they have over 100,000 followers on Twitter. Apparently some betting house in Vegas.

User Actions
Follow
raCkknMB_bigger.jpegSharks of Vegas@SharksOfVegas

BREAKING - Our source has CONFIRMED there will be NO penalties imposed on the Patriots by the NFL in the wake of deflategate. Announcement to come this weekend.

So, after reading the league's official statement, what has changed? Well, nothing!

They are investigating under-inflated balls with no specific reference accusing the Patriots of wrongdoing nor of passing any judgement at this time.

So, it's back to believing what social media says.

I have a bad feeling they're not going to do anything because they "Don't have any/enough proof" to pin it on the Patriots. Which is bull ****. Within the last 3 days I someone post Roger Goodell's letter to the competition committee he wrote right after Spygate that basically said that from here on out the league was going to significantly relax the "burden of proof" required of the league when dealing with these matters. I have a feeling the words in that letter are going to splashed all over the internet when the league claims they don't have the evidence to punish the pats.

Does anyone have a link to that letter or what it said? I'm driving myself crazy trying to find it on google.

This incident is further proof the officials should be full time employees.

and fired....

Colts first complained about it back in November and that game was in a dome. Ravens warned Colts after their game as well. So not sure that theory makes sense overall.

That's what I thought too. Was a complaint really filed? If so, how could this continue to be an issue? Why has the league done nothing? Sure, an inquiry now, why not measure the balls then or during play since then. They decided to just let it go is about all you can conclude.

and fired....

That's what I thought too. Was a complaint really filed? If so, how could this continue to be an issue? Why has the league done nothing? Sure, an inquiry now, why not measure the balls then or during play since then. They decided to just let it go is about all you can conclude.

just give it to 'em

The original data only accounted for fumbles lost. The study was redone accounting for fumbles in general and, while the patriots were still high, they fell within a couple standard deviations. It was also brought up that they are an organization that is known to limit situations where fumbling occurs frequently. Their quarterback is well protected and doesn't get sacked often compared to league averages, and they value players who hold onto the football and bench players who fumble.

I think that was the gist

Thanks!

and fired....

Kind of reminds me in a way of the double-secret in-the-crease memo that the NHL suddenly produced in 1999. "Oh yeah, this happened earlier and we sent this memo out. You didn't get a copy?"

Just saw this on the Pats boards. Never heard of the source before but they have over 100,000 followers on Twitter. Apparently some betting house in Vegas.

User Actions
Follow
raCkknMB_bigger.jpegSharks of Vegas@SharksOfVegas

BREAKING - Our source has CONFIRMED there will be NO penalties imposed on the Patriots by the NFL in the wake of deflategate. Announcement to come this weekend.

I posted this earlier but people were too afraid to click on the link, I guess. It was posted on some stupid site called offthemonster.com. Pretty sure it's full of schit.