New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm too snippy today. Apologize to you for that. Second one today :(

King isn't above suspicion, for sure, but I always felt he was very quick to accept the league's handling of Spygate and to ignore those transgressions when talking about the Pats. So I see his writing here as a departure from what I would have expected. And I am not quite seeing how his unambiguous opinion that they cheated is helping the league here.

kj

No need to apologize. If the Boston Globe is to be believed, you may be right anyway!

I'm predicting the Seahawks to win 31-13. Prior to the controversy, I was predicting Seattle winning 26-17. I also think that the Pats will be getting absolutely zero favors from the refs. I expect Seattle's DBs to have free rein to hold throughout the game.

Word. Ironic that the refs will probably tilt the playing field towards the Seahawks because the Patriots got caught cheating. The NFL gets a big ol' black eye if the Patriots win. However, it would serve as a nice bookend to the black eye at the beginning of the season.

Edited by 1billsfan

What I like most about this is how it highlights the incredible stupidity of throwing Tom Brady in front of a pack of wolves yesterday. :lol:

What else should they have done? Ask Jim Tomsula to stand in for Tommy?

This statement confirms that the footballs were in fact messed with purposely. So all they have to find out now is who is guilty.

Here's my "theory:"

Indy informed the league about their concerns with the footballs after the November game. The league never followed up with checking the Pats* balls (hehehe...) at halftime or after the game in any of their following games. The AFC championship comes along and pits the Colts against the Pats*, and the Colts make sure that the officials check. Oops, looks like there is a problem.

Of course, I am assuming they have been doing this the whole time, which may not seem fair to some, but I couldn't care less.

We have obtained and are continuing to obtain additional information, including video and other electronic information and physical evidence.

and are diligently working on a plan to destroy said evidence once guilt is determined.

Nevada State Senator Rips the NFL today

Harry Reid, Dean Heller rip NFL for ‘deflategate’
By Lucy McCalmont
1/22/15 6:08 PM EST

Nevada Sen. Dean Heller ® called upon the National Football League Thursday to “restore the credibility of the game” in the wake of the alleged use of underinflated balls recently by the New England Patriots.

“I am seeking decisive actions ensuring all teams are playing according to the rules,” Heller said Thursday in a statement, adding that the league should work with the NFL Players Association to resolve the issue ahead of the Super Bowl on Feb. 1....

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/deflategate-patriots-nfl-harry-reid-dean-heller-114513.html

Nevada State Senator Rips the NFL today

Harry Reid, Dean Heller rip NFL for ‘deflategate’

By Lucy McCalmont

1/22/15 6:08 PM EST

Nevada Sen. Dean Heller ® called upon the National Football League Thursday to “restore the credibility of the game” in the wake of the alleged use of underinflated balls recently by the New England Patriots.

“I am seeking decisive actions ensuring all teams are playing according to the rules,” Heller said Thursday in a statement, adding that the league should work with the NFL Players Association to resolve the issue ahead of the Super Bowl on Feb. 1....

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/deflategate-patriots-nfl-harry-reid-dean-heller-114513.html

The NFL also drew the ire of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who criticized the football league on Thursday.

“I can’t believe the National Football League, with the billions of dollars it makes, couldn’t at least determine how much air should be in a football,” Reid said.

At least in this guy's case the disgust is misplaced. The NFL has specified exactly how much air should be in the football, the Patriliars** determined they didn't want to follow the rules

The true damning evidence against the Pats* is the fact that both teams' footballs were measured and found to be in compliance prior to the game, but only the Pats* footballs were under-inflated at halftime.

That's what we in the business call res ipsa loquitur.

The true damning evidence against the Pats* is the fact that both teams' footballs were measured and found to be in compliance prior to the game, but only the Pats* footballs were under-inflated at halftime.

That's what we in the business call res ipsa loquitur.

Not necessarily. They could argue that Colts kept inflating the balls to keep them at the desired higher levels, because the cold air was deflating them on their own.

Not necessarily. They could argue that Colts kept inflating the balls to keep them at the desired higher levels, because the cold air was deflating them on their own.

We just need one call to the Colts to answer that question.

What else should they have done? Ask Jim Tomsula to stand in for Tommy?

He didn't seem prepared at all though. I would've had him reading a prepared statement, repeatedly refer back to the statement during open questioning, and limit the open questioning to about 10 minutes instead of the half hour. It would've looked bad, but the way it played out instead was a disaster with him appearing to be a huge liar and giving such contradictory answers throughout.

Since it appears that the NFL's plan at this point is to go into "ostrich" mode until the Super Bowl is over...............

My only hope is that after being asked about the deliberately low inflated balls for the hundredth time after they arrive at Glendale,

either Bellicek or Brady go full Colonel Jessup on the reporters.....

you-cant-handle-the-truth1.jpg

"You're damn right I ordered the balls deflated !"

Since it appears that the NFL's plan at this point is to go into "ostrich" mode until the Super Bowl is over...............

My only hope is that after being asked about the deliberately low inflated balls for the hundredth time after they arrive at Glendale,

either Bellicek or Brady go full Colonel Jessup on the reporters.....

you-cant-handle-the-truth1.jpg

"You're damn right I ordered the balls deflated !"

Sure to follow is Sherman shouting "You cheatn' bro?!" at Brady all Superbowl long.