New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is going to come out that "our preparation process" is what is going to come under scrutiny. My guess is that in order to "prepare" 12-24 balls (whatever it is), they put the balls in a large tumbler - to rub them up and give them the tackiness & feel that the QB likes. It wouldn't surprise me that the large tumbler they use is an industrial sized clothes dryer. It would explain everything. A heated, tumbled ball that is set to 12.5 PSI shortly thereafter would easily drop 1 to 1.5 PSI once all the heat effect wore off (depending on game temps). They may have been doing it for years. Innocently or with ill-intent that is the question, but THAT is one that will be impossible to prove.

Bellichick in his press conference: "At no time were any of our footballs prepared anywhere other than in the locker room or in an area very close to that — never in a heated room or heated condition. That has absolutely never taken place to anyone’s knowledge or anyone’s recollection. That just didn’t happen."

You're right I take that back. I misunderstood the post a few posts up thinking he only had 120ish posts on this forum, and all relating to this topic.

:beer: No worries. I like HOF Watkins for the record, got nothing against him or anyone who wants to stick up for the *pats. But I do like to poke fun of them on a Bills' message board, that's all. I'm an ass like that :lol:

Bellichick in his press conference: "At no time were any of our footballs prepared anywhere other than in the locker room or in an area very close to that — never in a heated room or heated condition. That has absolutely never taken place to anyone’s knowledge or anyone’s recollection. That just didn’t happen."

You're right, I just read the whole transcript.

:beer: No worries. I like HOF Watkins for the record, got nothing against him or anyone who wants to stick up for the *pats. But I do like to poke fun of them on a Bills' message board, that's all. I'm an ass like that :lol:

Thats reasonable , i think : )

we are all fair game right ?

You're right, I just read the whole transcript.

And don't corget, in his press conference on Thursday Brady says he gets to stadium 6 hours before the game,'picks the balls he wants, and then wants no one to touch them.

He also said they practice with the balls all week to get them where they want them regarding "tackiness"

So either Brady was lying on Thursday, or Belichek was yesterday. I just don't get why this is so hard ?

It's all in black and white.

Edited by plenzmd1

And don't corget, in his press conference on Thursday Brady says he gets to stadium 6 hours before the game,'picks the balls he wants, and then wants no one to touch them.

He also said they practice with the balls all week to get them where they want them regarding "tackiness"

So either Brady was lying on Thursday, or Belichek was yesterday. I just don't get why this is so hard ?

It's not hard at all. It's trivial physics. B-)

Thats the thing I just dot get. Why do they keep trotting out there and contradicting themselves?

This would all be over if they just owned up and said we made a mistake, sorry. It's all very bizarre

Thats the thing I just dot get. Why do they keep trotting out there and contradicting themselves?

This would all be over if they just owned up and said we made a mistake, sorry. It's all very bizarre

I'm glad they didn't just come out and admit it. Because now if the league does find them guilty it'll be a much, much bigger deal because of the lying and deceit. Even when Spygate happened they fessed up. This time it's been nothing but denial.

I don't think he's a *pats fan. Just a misguided soul who's fallen under the spell of the Devil.

I hate it when that happens. I hate it more when I have to read about it, which is why I'm mostly skirting around it at this point.

I'm glad they didn't just come out and admit it. Because now if the league does find them guilty it'll be a much, much bigger deal because of the lying and deceit. Even when Spygate happened they fessed up. This time it's been nothing but denial.

They were probably worried about the win being vacated. That won't happen now, but still its so strange and bizarre. This whole situation, I dont even know what to expect anymore

By the way, if someone was told that the probability of fumbling a football at 10.5 psi vs. 12.5 psi went down by 80%, do you think there would be no one the least bit interested in that data?

I can think of one cheater who would be very interested. I just wonder what other "stats" (and ways to cheat) the control freak is aware of that we are not.