New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

Lori Chase retweeted

Good look by @thebiglead into how well New England has thrown the ball in cold weather: http://bit.ly/15A02WT

Here’s the Warm versus Cold splits from 2010-2014 for the Baltimore Ravens (Flacco) Green Bay Packers (Rodgers), New York Giants (Eli Manning) and Pittsburgh Steelers (Roethlisberger).

screen-shot-2015-01-21-at-1-06-08-pm.png

* Edit - Is this NOT a big difference? If other Teams/QBs did this as well it isn't these players...

"They practice outside, so they're just better prepared for bad weather." [/HoFWatkins Excuse Parade]

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about just this INcident. The real point is that this is just another transgression in a long line of shady moves and blatant cheating.

If this was the first and only thing the Patriots ever got caught doing, no one would care. But that is far from the case.

Enough is enough.

If you don't think other teams try to game the system, then you're incredibly naive.

The Pats got "caught", and the NFL will sweep it under the rug, or give them a slap on the wrist. Life moves on.

Again, there's no evidence to support what you're saying. I don't know why you feel the need to cover for the Patriots by putting all of the NFL under the same suspicion.

Call me naive all you want, I just don't think other teams under inflate balls like this. Maybe you're the naive one thinking Belichick isn't the only NFL head coach cheating like this.

I like that it is overblown. If it is true that means the Patriots need more incentive to stop cheating. They need the harsher punishments to hopefully stop them from cheating in the future. Giving them a slap on the back will do nothing and they will only look for more ways to cheat.

Totally overblown. Get the results first. Good read today on PFT about the impact of cold air over time on a ball. In theory, it's possible that IF the Pats inflate their balls to the lowest possible PSI, that by halftime, in 50 degree, rainy weather, the wet balls would have lost their originally inflated PSI, which presumably was done indoors 2+ hours before the game. If Brady prefers the low end PSI and as science states is clearly true (I know forums aren't the place for science and critical thinking but rather vitriol and emotion) that air pressure decreases with temperature, this is entirely possible. What's more, and I admit I haven't read everything, I think testing the Indy's sidelines balls would be necessary. Afterall, cheating is about giving one team and advantage over another, right?

The problem with this "infraction" like so many of the others Bellicheat and the Cheatriots are "guilty" of is that they rarely defy the LETTER of the law, only the spirit.

A great example of this is the ineligible receivers turned hurry up trick they played against Baltimore.

I think this guy summarizes it nicely: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/19/new-england-patriots-deflategate-bill-belichick-tom-brady

I wonder how many kickers have overinflated the ball?

SO this hypothetical question...If Norwood had made the kick, and later it was discovered that the ball had been overinflated, what would your response be?

My response would be why would he make the kick harder? A overinflated ball travels a shorter distance vs a ball that is either at normal or low inflation levels in the kicking game.

Edited by KzooMike

Didn't they get accused of or investigated for also Listening into other teams radio transmissions. Think it was Jets maybe Can't remember. They found all but 1 of the balls under inflated. Nothing will come out of it.. Just seems When cheating or bending the rules. No other teams name but the New England. Some people sleep well no matter what they do.