New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL won't punish the Patriots for this, not with QBs coming out saying that underinflated balls are the norm, heh. But even so, if the NFL did do anything, it'd be a slap on the wrist. Not sure why there's so much drama about it.

Some poor sap ball boy or equipment guy will lose his job and an official will get wrist slapped. The Pats* will either get a meaningless fine or get away completely unscathed.

Yep. I am confident they have been cheating the entire time. Spygate was a speed bump.

I bet the Ravens are PO'd. How certain are you that the Pats*** didnt cheat in that game??? It was a 3 point game after all.

How certain are you that throughout the league there aren't QB's messing with the ball psi? I mean, there is a precedent for "ball manipulation" in the league, so what makes you think they are the only ones?

It should be penalized... during the game (15 yds. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Fines after the game. It's a game time foul, that is the responsibility of the game officials.

I heard they were also inflating them with Helium, and that they had Professor Brainard develop Flubber soles for their footwear, allowing them to jump higher.

Neon or argon would work better. More mass at a lower pressure - ball would be easier to grip, but go through the air better. You'd have to be a complete idiot to inflate a ball with helium.

In my opinion some kind of punishedment needs to be handed down to the Pats*** before the SB. Suspend Belicheat and Brady (brady obviously knew about it and lied about it).

This SB is already tainted by the Cheaters, just like all of there other SB "Wins". If Belicheat and Brady (and any others found to be involved) are suspended for the SB, and the Pats*** still win, then fine, maybe I could accept it. But as far as I am concered, the Pts*** have no right to be in this game whatsoever and I fully expect them to cheat in an effort to beat the Hawks.,

How certain are you that throughout the league there aren't QB's messing with the ball psi?

That's a load of !@#$ing bull ****. Not "You can't be critical of someone for cheating, because everyone else does it," but "You can't be critical of someone for cheating, because you can't be sure no one else does it?"

What kind of rationale is that? Even four-year-olds have better sense than to float that sort of reasoning.

The NFL won't punish the Patriots for this, not with QBs coming out saying that underinflated balls are the norm, heh. But even so, if the NFL did do anything, it'd be a slap on the wrist. Not sure why there's so much drama about it.

I haven't heard any QB come out and say that under-inflating the balls is the norm.???

In fact I heard Fran Tarkenton on CNN saying that it does give a clear advantage, albeit a minor one, before he went on a rant about every player using PEDs.

How certain are you that throughout the league there aren't QB's messing with the ball psi? I mean, there is a precedent for "ball manipulation" in the league, so what makes you think they are the only ones?

It should be penalized... during the game (15 yds. Unsportsmanlike Conduct. Fines after the game. It's a game time foul, that is the responsibility of the game officials.

How certain are you that no other teams film the other teams defensive signals then illegally radio that teams Defensive call to their QB before the snap???

That's a load of !@#$ing bull ****. Not "You can't be critical of someone for cheating, because everyone else does it," but "You can't be critical of someone for cheating, because you can't be sure no one else does it?"

What kind of rationale is that? Even four-year-olds have better sense than to float that sort of reasoning.

Damn, remind me never to get on your bad side. lmao!

Because no one wants to admit that the Bills have sucked all on their own, that the Pats are greats, and that this kind of cheating is not only commonplace, but that it is about as severe a "crime" as receivers using illegal sticky substances, or setting picks for pass plays, or trying to get away with illegal formations.

Nevermind that the whole league is fueled on illegal PED's and painkillers (let's take away the 4 Steeler Super Bowls, it's common knowledge they were juiced).

It's just a media driven frenzy, and if people can focus on it often and strongly enough, they can convince themselves that the pressure of the ball is one of the most important aspects of the game.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Because no one wants to admit that the Bills have sucked all on their own, that the Pats are greats, and that this kind of cheating is not only commonplace, but that it is about as severe a "crime" as receivers using illegal sticky substances, or setting picks for pass plays, or trying to get away with illegal formations.

Nevermind that the whole league is fueled on illegal PED's and painkillers..

It's just a media driven frenzy, and if people can focus on it often and strongly enough, they can convince themselves that the pressure of the ball is one of the most important aspects of the game.

"Everyone does it."

"You can't prove everyone doesn't do it."

"Even if everyone doesn't do this, everyone does other stuff."

Any other bull **** excuses you want to parrot?

are you really this dense that you can't figure out this is not about ball pressure, it is about a now repeated act of breaking game day rules and messing with the integrity of the game...and that directly leads to questions about what has not been caught.

I just don't understand how you cannot figure that out.

Nevermind that the whole league is fueled on illegal PED's and painkillers (let's take away the 4 Steeler Super Bowls, it's common knowledge they were juiced).

posted 2 deadspin articles to the same effect, that no ones commented on. they were essentially long versions of your post.

are you really this dense that you can't figure out this is not about ball pressure, it is about a now repeated act of breaking game day rules and messing with the integrity of the game...and that directly leads to questions about what has not been caught.

I just don't understand how you cannot figure that out.

so now the outrage is about what we havent caught them doing yet? its kind of stretching a little, though i get your point.

Something tells me that with your line of thinking, you were deprived some necessary air pressure at birth...

"Durr! Stop pickin' on the Patriots! The Bills suck that's why!"