Aaron Kromer : O Line coach

Reed83HOF

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh oh, first head scratcher. Chicago's OL underwhelmed last two years.

Edit - he was OC, how were his lines in NO?

I believe two times they were awarded line of the year and he developed mid-late round talents like Evans, nicks, streif, Bushrod and more

You don't know anything about him, so maybe getting immediately upset about the hire is probably a bit premature and greatly overreacting. I'm guessing the person that hired him might know something about him. Let him at least show up for work before you criticize.

Please tell me why this isn't a good hire, why Roman is making a mistake in evaluating this coach.

I think people made it very clear the problem they had with the guy. He violated the trust of his players by being an undermining rat. But yeah I'm sure his players won't have it in the back of their heads that they might not be able to trust him. I understand that Kromer was well regarded at one time in NOLA. But these thoughts shouldn't be entering their minds with a Rex Ryan"family and loyalty" staff. This hiring is completely incongruent with the identity Rex is selling. I don't get how a demoted Modkins is worth this.

I think people made it very clear the problem they had with the guy. He violated the trust of his players by being an undermining rat. But yeah I'm sure his players won't have it in the back of their heads that they might not be able to trust him. I understand that Kromer was well regarded at one time in NOLA. But these thoughts shouldn't be entering their minds with a Rex Ryan"family and loyalty" staff. This hiring is completely incongruent with the identity Rex is selling. I don't get how a demoted Modkins is worth this.

He was an ELITE line coach in New Orleans. After a frustrating loss he made a comment, but only a portion of the nastiness in the media was from him - he was the only one in chicago to own it, while others let their comments fall on him.... I'll say it wasn't ideal but he's very talented, and was very well regarded before the Chicago organizational meltdown. He's made several ok prospects play well above expectations

He was an ELITE line coach in New Orleans. After a frustrating loss he made a comment, but only a portion of the nastiness in the media was from him - he was the only one in chicago to own it, while others let their comments fall on him.... I'll say it wasn't ideal but he's very talented, and was very well regarded before the Chicago organizational meltdown. He's made several ok prospects play well above expectations

Well said...and spot on

How would you feel if Hackett "made a comment" that the Bills regretted drafting EJ?

Forgetting the resumes for a second, of course.

How would you feel if Hackett "made a comment" that the Bills regretted drafting EJ?

Forgetting the resumes for a second, of course.

How would you feel if hackett called it a frustrating and disappointing season and marrone said he regretted ej and let it all fall on hacket and hackett came forward to own his own comments? And hackett developed like 3-4 pro bowlers and won numerous nfl honors in his last stop.

If you look at the actual context, some was kromer but a chunk of the ugliest had to come from above (front office, not head coach though in Chicago)

Doing double-duty like that is never a good thing.

Well, Trestman was controlling the offense and I believe calling the plays, so even the double duty was less than a regular OC would have on his plate. Plus, the year he had the double duty was the year they over-achieved not under achieved.

How would you feel if hackett called it a frustrating and disappointing season and marrone said he regretted ej and let it all fall on hacket and hackett came forward to own his own comments? And hackett developed like 3-4 pro bowlers and won numerous nfl honors in his last stop.

If you look at the actual context, some was kromer but a chunk of the ugliest had to come from above (front office, not head coach though in Chicago)

Kromer was the leak. The onus of the entire story was on him, including the "buyer's remorse" crap. Without Kromer, that circus never happens.

Kromer was the leak. The onus of the entire story was on him, including the "buyer's remorse" crap. Without Kromer, that circus never happens.

Read the quotes again. The bulk makes no sense from him. There was clearly more than 1 person in on it.

You will also see Marshall back him up after. I saw multiethnic articles in the day after but a quick Google isn't pulling them now. There was definitely speculation outside kromer.

Edited by NoSaint

Actually, no post that I referenced made it clear that the problem was the violation of trust. One said his OL was bad and that he knew nothing about the guy, the other just didn't like the hire, no reason given.

Edited by klos63

This sounds like an informed opinion. Possiblty out of place here.... I hope you're spot on.