Aaron Kromer : O Line coach

Reed83HOF

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think several people made inappropriate comments but his were less offensive and he was atleast man enough to admit his mistake immediately. He wasn't the fall guy he was just the only one to have the credibility to accept responsibility for his mistake- which wasn't even the biggest mistake.

In a total organizational meltdown -- it's not ok but being a big enough man to step up earns back some credit in my book. When things are a mess and everyone's talking it's easy to say something dumb and hard to say you said something dumb.

I get it, and there is a certain level of plausible deniability in the "how would he know" category.

I just find it almost too convenient that Kromer's "story" and the buyer's remorse story came out on the same day in the same article. And like you said, one is being frustrated at the QB's mistakes and the other is, we really screwed up with keeping this guy. Which are totally different animals in how they come across.

Do you think confiding in a coach, and a coach calling out bad reads aren't totally apples to apples?

Sure. But there's bad reads then there's "he's killing us." There's admitting others' mistakes and then there's blaming. IMO, it falls in the second category.

I get it, and there is a certain level of plausible deniability in the "how would he know" category.

I just find it almost too convenient that Kromer's "story" and the buyer's remorse story came out on the same day in the same article. And like you said, one is being frustrated at the QB's mistakes and the other is, we really screwed up with keeping this guy. Which are totally different animals in how they come across.

Is it that hard to believe a reporter on site for a tough loss where players were screaming at each other and could be heard outside the locker room and the OC made a comment that someone else may have also? I don't think its stretching at all that more than one person spouted off that night. In fact I think several likely did.

It's not a comment he dug in on or let fester- he came out and said he was frustrated and should've bit his tongue immediately

Edited by NoSaint

Talk about "blame"...only three guys were actually fired in Chicago...Trestman (HC), Kromer (OC), and Emery (GM). Trestman is a weak HC. If that happens under Rex, (1) he has a little off the record discussion with the reporter and unofficially excommunicates him and (2) deflects the attention toward himself while (3) spanking Kromer in private. Trestman hung Kromer out to dry for saying what everyone else believed.

Maybe give Hackett some credit for not cracking under the pressure and throwing others under the bus...

Again totally agree. But if trust was a number, Kromer is starting at 40, while everyone else is at 50.

Not unreasonable but if he treats them like men, is straight about stuff and sends several to multiple probowls I'm pretty sure the guys will be ok with him

Players will be wary, no question about it, but, I don't think it's something that can't be overcome quite easily (unless he's an idiot).

They have nothing to worry about, who is going to interview the OL coach anyway.

Oh wait a minute, Sully and Gleason will set up camp next to Kromer and try to goad him into badmouthing players.

I doubt the players are concerned with Kromer's Chicago admission. Seeing as how they are playing under a new staff and, for the most part, totally new coaches they are trying to impress whomever their position coach happens to be. Including Kromer. All the rest is just message board noise. BTW, many stories that come out in the news from "sources" are people inside the administration building or the locker room. ijs. Kromer just chose to publically de-cloak.

Edited by purple haze

So he screwed up and said something he shouldn't have. I say we burn him.

Hell with that, let's HIRE him! Good OL coaches are like franchise QB's, you can't let fireable offenses of team trust get in the way of hiring someone who understands the great mysteries of offensive line play. :rolleyes:

Rather than arguing that there aren't concerns with the hire.....if you want to take the glass half full outlook......he's not Pat Morris. :thumbsup:

I doubt the players are concerned with Kromer's Chicago admission. Seeing as how they are playing under a new staff and, for the most part, totally new coaches they are trying to impress whomever their position coach happens to be. Including Kromer. All the rest is just message board noise. BTW, many stories that come out in the news from "sources" are people inside the administration building or the locker room. ijs. Kromer just chose to publically de-cloak.

The Bears apparently thought he needed to be fired before any coaching candidate would have an opportunity to consider retaining him. Considering the coaches they retained and his track record compared to theirs......his indiscretion appeared to matter to the Bears.