Aaron Kromer : O Line coach

Reed83HOF

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the quotes again. The bulk makes no sense from him. There was clearly more than 1 person in on it.

You will also see Marshall back him up after. I saw multiethnic articles in the day after but a quick Google isn't pulling them now. There was definitely speculation outside kromer.

Can you show me the link? I only remember the "buyer's remorse" thing.

He was an ELITE line coach in New Orleans. After a frustrating loss he made a comment, but only a portion of the nastiness in the media was from him - he was the only one in chicago to own it, while others let their comments fall on him.... I'll say it wasn't ideal but he's very talented, and was very well regarded before the Chicago organizational meltdown. He's made several ok prospects play well above expectations

I know this and don't disagree. The problem is that it can't be un-done. Chicago forgiving him is like a spouse forgiving a spouse for an indiscretion. In that case, it's family. Here it's just baggage he brings. I'm not outraged by this hiring it just is the OPPOSITE of what Rex is selling. There are things you sacrifice with Rex. He's basically Wade Phillips with a double-shot of inspiration. Attention to detail and organization aren't really his things so I think you want to feel good about his offensive hires because those guys are going to have to run their own ship.

He didn't seem to do as well in Chicago where he was OL Coach and OC in 2013 and OC in 2014.

Their line ranked 19th in 2013 and 15th in 2014 according to PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/3/

2014 seemed to be quite a mess for the whole organization, but in 2013 they put up some great offensive numbers. Forte, Marshall and Jeffery all had tremendous seasons. And like others have said, seems like quite an upgrade from this past season for us.

Can you show me the link? I only remember the "buyer's remorse" thing.

I'll track one down this weekend- on my phone currently which isn't ideal....

Here's one: http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/148442/kromer-speaks-the-absolute-truth-about-cutler-and-the-bears

Kromer acknowledged in a meeting with offensive players Monday that he was the source who told Rapoport that Cutler refuses to check out of bad running plays at the line of scrimmage, a habit he said has absolutely killed the Bears this season. Kromer denied being the person who told Rapoport that the franchise had buyers remorse about giving the quarterback a huge contract in January.

I believe him fully

"Kromer, per Biggs' report, denied saying anything to Rapoport about the remorse part of the report but did tell the assembled players — including Cutler — that he did express frustration with the quarterback to the reporter. Cutler, Biggs wrote, just shook his head.

Reached by Biggs, Kromer said: 'I said what I had to say to the players.'

Read more: http://www.nationalledger.com/pop-culture-news/aaron-kromer-tearful-apology-201921.shtml#ixzz3P38sBi3B

“I made a very poor decision talking about things outside the building,” Kromer said. “I admit that and can’t take that back. But I recognize I made a mistake and when I did, I instantly went right to the offensive unit, our group, and apologized to the offense, as well as apologized to Jay in front of the offense that he was singled out in the situation. I wish I wouldn’t have made that mistake.”

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/12/aaron-kromer-i-made-a-mistake/

Edited by hondo in seattle

@FootballScoop: Per source, former Chicago Bears OC Aaron Kromer will join the Buffalo Bills staff as offensive line coach http://t.co/sNnVtz3C1h

Heard good things before the cutler debacle leaking things to the media. Anyone hoping for cutler can kiss it goodbye

Wonder who he will trash talk on the Bills? Lol

I'll track one down this weekend- on my phone currently which isn't ideal....

Here's one: http://chicago.suntimes.com/bears-football/7/71/148442/kromer-speaks-the-absolute-truth-about-cutler-and-the-bears

I believe him fully

So he admits to bashing the QB, just not that one little piece? Does it really matter?

So he screwed up and said something he shouldn't have. I say we burn him.

Luckily, in this world, you get total forgiveness for mistakes and everyone carries on like it never happened.

Murderers say they're sorry, and it's gravy.

So he admits to bashing the QB, just not that one little piece? Does it really matter?

Luckily, in this world, you get total forgiveness for mistakes and everyone carries on like it never happened.

And the overreaction. Yes, you should equate this to murder.

Up next pedophilia.

He owns "jay needs to make better line calls, his mistakes there are killing us" and a front office person says "we made a mistake and regret extending jay"

I'm saying I think the latter is much worse AND unclaimed. That the OC said he was unhappy with the reads and 12 hours later had a team meeting to say he screwed up with his audience in the comment isn't the end of the world in my book. Especially with a very good resume long term.

Edited by NoSaint

And the overreaction. Yes, you should equate this to murder.

Up next pedophilia.

Making a point does not mean I'm equating. But someone screws up and it's going to affect how you see them. I think it's delusional to think Bills players are going to be as trusting with Kromer as they would be to another. Just like murderer's are never trusted to, you know, stop murdering.

Making a point does not mean I'm equating. But someone screws up and it's going to affect how you see them. I think it's delusional to think Bills players are going to be as trusting with Kromer as they would be to another. Just like murderer's are never trusted to, you know, stop murdering.

So, you can never trust someone who admitted to a particular mistake? Sorry about that.

He owns "jay needs to make better line calls, his mistakes there are killing us" and a front office person says "we made a mistake and regret extending jay"

I'm saying I think the latter is much worse AND unclaimed. That the OC said he was unhappy with the reads and 12 hours later had a team meeting to say he screwed up with his audience in the comment isn't the end of the world in my book. Especially with a very good resume long term.

What's your explanation on the whole thing? Do you think Kromer was the fall-guy?

I'm saying I think the latter is much worse AND unclaimed. That the OC said he was unhappy with the reads and 12 hours later had a team meeting isn't the end of the world in my book. Especially with a very good resume long term.

Thanks for your efforts in this thread to curtail the witch hunt and provide some factual background. It sounds as though the Bills hired a very experienced coach with an impressive resume -- along with an example of poor judgment he subsequently owned up to.

What's your explanation on the whole thing? Do you think Kromer was the fall-guy?

I think several people made inappropriate comments but his were less offensive and he was atleast man enough to admit his mistake immediately. He wasn't the fall guy he was just the only one to have the credibility to accept responsibility for his mistake- which wasn't even the biggest mistake.

In a total organizational meltdown -- it's not ok but being a big enough man to step up earns back some credit in my book. When things are a mess and everyone's talking it's easy to say something dumb and hard to say you said something dumb.

Edited by NoSaint