YoloinOhio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the Big Tree while Rex and crew were there... I grew up tending bar there ... My brother is the manager and I live down the road... Rex hung in the corner with His wife and Jim Kelly ... Amongst others (Russ and crew).

It was a really low key scene...nobody bothered him... It was bills staffers and big tree regulars... I didn't interact with him but my brother said he was a great guy and my brother isn't star struck nor the type to sugar coat things.

I was at the Big Tree while Rex and crew were there... I grew up tending bar there ... My brother is the manager and I live down the road... Rex hung in the corner with His wife and Jim Kelly ... Amongst others (Russ and crew).

It was a really low key scene...nobody bothered him... It was bills staffers and big tree regulars... I didn't interact with him but my brother said he was a great guy and my brother isn't star struck nor the type to sugar coat things.

:beer:

@mikerodak: Dennis Thurman, Tim McDonald, Bobby April III, Tony Sparano, Jr. MT @hsjrphoto: Rex Ryan watches Sabres from a suite. http://t.co/5uPqkr6Syc@mikerodak: So that excellent photo from @hsjrphoto all but confirms that Rex is bringing several of his Jets assistant coaches to Buffalo.

You'd assume so without the photo, but I think it's an underrated tweet as far as content goes. Clearly seeing the makeup of the coaching staff

That's awesome!

Only one (obvious) question, why was Russ meddling in the beers!? :beer:

Russ seemed beat.. Said he hadn't been home since just after Christmas ... He seemed to be having a few stress relievers if u know what I mean... He was in a suit but it looked like he'd been through war... Russ looked to be relieved and enjoying his beers.. He was the only one in a suit... Jim and Rex seemed to be more cut from the same cloth

Expectations for the PC are way too high!!! :doh::flirt::w00t:

We are all going to be disappointed. Relax people! Rex is going to give typical coach speak for the 1st PC. He is getting the lay of the land 1st. In 3 months Rex will be Rex. Slow down! :thumbsup:

You mean the exact opposite of wat he's done before and his personality?

I'm reading this thread and thinking about the folks here who said Rex was the wrong hire because he's not a "Buffalo Guy."

Russ seemed beat.. Said he hadn't been home since just after Christmas ... He seemed to be having a few stress relievers if u know what I mean... He was in a suit but it looked like he'd been through war... Russ looked to be relieved and enjoying his beers.. He was the only one in a suit... Jim and Rex seemed to be more cut from the same cloth

I hope Russ washed the smell of the Shanahans off his suit before going out.

Personally, it's a shame Rex had to be exposed to Sabres game while they are tanking. Just sets a bad mood. On top of the game, apparently, the Sabres screwed up the Hasek tribute too. Hate having Rex see all that. Makes Pegula look bad.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Personally, it's a shame Rex had to be exposed to Sabres game while they are tanking. Just sets a bad mood. On top of the game, apparently, the Sabres screwed up the Hasek tribute too. Hate having Rex see all that. Makes Pegula look bad.

what happened with the tribute?

what happened with the tribute?

Nothing...it was fine. Some folks tweeted it felt a little "stilted" but I didn't see any egregious errors. Hasek made the biggest mistake himself -- he should have concluded his speech with "and it was no goal" and the place would have gone bonkers.