QB Solution? Far fetched, but would you do it?

Coach55

This is a little out there and would require some work from Whaley, but would you make this move?

1. Trade Dareus to Tampa or Tennessee for pick 1 or 2. (Dareus is a former #3 pick who is proven himself recently)

2. Take Mariota or Winston pending what pick you get.

3. Pick up "Donkey Kong" Suh through Free Agency to replace Dareus.

The above may not be able to happen as both Tampa and Tennessee are in dire need for a QB. However, Oakland may deal their 3rd pick if one of the 2 above slip for some reason.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as Dareus is and he is the most important player on this defense he doesnt come close to getting the first or second pick

I wish people would ask themselves before proposing these fantasy trades if they were the other team would they make the trade they are suggesting because Im betting most if not all of the time the answer is No.

Edited by Max997

This is a little out there and would require some work from Whaley, but would you make this move?1. Trade Dareus to Tampa or Tennessee for pick 1 or 2. (Dareus is a former #3 pick who is proven himself recently)2. Take Mariota or Winston pending what pick you get.3. Pick up "Donkey Kong" Suh through Free Agency to replace Dareus.The above may not be able to happen as both Tampa and Tennessee are in dire need for a QB. However, Oakland may deal their 3rd pick if one of the 2 above slip for some reason.

Why would TB or Ten do this? The fallacy of the willing trade partner.

no, I don't believe that either are a franchise QB, and Suh is most likely going to get tagged

There's no way the Lions can tag Suh. He'd have a $26.7M tag. Notably Detroit will already have $9.7M in dead money to account for in 2015. That's a $36.4M cap hit total if Detroit were to franchise him. Incidentally they are at $120.4M now, including Suh's dead money so they'd have to make space to do that and even more space for draft picks and other FAs/RFAs. Conclusion: He's definitely gone from Detroit. Rumor has it that Suh is letting his agent handle the contract, which means he's looking for maximum value with little/no regard for which team he goes to. Money will be talking big time so look for a deal that eclipses JJ Watts' contract.

As good as Dareus is and he is the most important player on this defense he doesnt come close to getting the first or second pick

I wish people would ask themselves before proposing these fantasy trades if they were the other team would they make the trade they are suggesting because Im betting most if not all of the time the answer is No.

This.

"Hi, I know you need a QB and with the pick you have you could acquire one. But how about if you trade it to us for this great DL we have signed for $8 million through 1 more year?"

Can you imagine the tar and pitchforks if our GM did a similar trade?

This is a little out there and would require some work from Whaley, but would you make this move?

1. Trade Dareus to Tampa or Tennessee for pick 1 or 2. (Dareus is a former #3 pick who is proven himself recently)

2. Take Mariota or Winston pending what pick you get.

3. Pick up "Donkey Kong" Suh through Free Agency to replace Dareus.

The above may not be able to happen as both Tampa and Tennessee are in dire need for a QB. However, Oakland may deal their 3rd pick if one of the 2 above slip for some reason.

Biggest issue with this is that our D is built to win NOW.... I have loved Marriota since his first snaps at Oregon but neither him or Winston are ready to lead a playoff charge. We need a vet QB. Even more so with Rex in the fold. He's got a better D than he ever had in NY.

If he brings in Roman to be OC, i hope his ties to Iupati may help us recruit him. If we sign a FA like Iupati, and let the our other young guys battle for the other guard spot and hopefully draft another. Our OL would be much improved.

Then, we swing a deal for a QB like Cutler, draft a mid round RB to fill void if Spiller leaves. (nowadays its easy to find mid round RB that can produce big) and we have at least a middle of the pack O, to go along with a D that is top 5 (possibly even BETTER!).