RB Todd Gurley

With Roman coming in we will likely get a tough, down hill runner like Gore.

I'm hoping we get Beast Mode part 2 in Todd Gurley;

"Built for the NFL with a muscle-bound, physical frame and naturally lowers his pads and squares his shoulders to attack the line of scrimmage and bounce off defenders. He runs with natural balance, power and momentum that makes him tough to slow down, rarely conceding with the first tackler.

Reads the first line of attack very well and senses daylight to hit holes with authority and quickness to stick-and-go, accelerating extremely well in his cuts. Knows how to shift his weight extremely well for a 232-pounder and strings together moves with devastating jump cuts and long strides to eat up yards.

Soft, natural hands out of the backfield and is a willing, cognizant blocker in pass protection.

COMPARES TO: Marshawn Lynch"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2000877/todd-gurley

Who do you guys think would fit this role in the draft and Free Agency?

(Also bringing the FB back!!!!!!!!!! Hope we bring in Aaron Ripkowski from OU, guy is a crushing blocker)

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon would be PERFECT but that won't happen so give me Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, or TJ Yeldon.

I love Gurley, but isn't he going to take awhile to come back?

We kind of need someone who can contribute this season with a top draft pick.

If Gurley is there, we take him regardless.

I love Gurley, but isn't he going to take awhile to come back?

We kind of need someone who can contribute this season with a top draft pick.[/quote

Gurley is on schedule per his post - ACL surgery. He should be ready for camp. We would be lucky to land him but only in a BPA scenario

He is projected first round and I guarantee we won't trade but he and Marriotta would be helpful .. I haven't looked but finding a head case running back like forsett or lynch that is from the past Six draft classes might be worth a fourth like brown .. There might be a back there or maybe they sign gore if he followed roman and switches off with Fred as he looked slow the last 8 games . I wish Fred would last forever .. 6: of him and we win every year on heart alone . It would be cool to watch those two geezers play 8 games each and really give twice the effort with twice the recovery and we won't suffer in blitz pickup .. Start a new trend in the nfl .. Job sharing .. Too bad it Won't happen but they could be si aarp cover boys and they would be perfect

He is projected first round and I guarantee we won't trade but he and Marriotta would be helpful .. I haven't looked but finding a head case running back like forsett or lynch that is from the past Six draft classes might be worth a fourth like brown .. There might be a back there or maybe they sign gore if he followed roman and switches off with Fred as he looked slow the last 8 games . I wish Fred would last forever .. 6: of him and we win every year on heart alone . It would be cool to watch those two geezers play 8 games each and really give twice the effort with twice the recovery and we won't suffer in blitz pickup .. Start a new trend in the nfl .. Job sharing .. Too bad it Won't happen but they could be si aarp cover boys and they would be perfect

lay off the brewskies

Gurley is my favorite player in this draft mainly because I'm a t-shirt Georgia fan. I would love to see him in a Bills uniform but I think someone will take a shot at him late in the first round, but I will continue to hold out hope he somehow lands in Buffalo.

Gurley is my favorite player in this draft mainly because I'm a t-shirt Georgia fan. I would love to see him in a Bills uniform but I think someone will take a shot at him late in the first round, but I will continue to hold out hope he somehow lands in Buffalo.

Know one loves RBs like the Buffalo Bills (Whaley tried to trade up for Carlos Hyde and settled for Bryce Brown)

James Gurley was a pioneer.

me too

Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon would be PERFECT but that won't happen so give me Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, or TJ Yeldon.

If Gurley is there, we take him regardless.

Not a Gordon fan but Coleman and Johnson will be good pros. Big fan of Duke. Just needs to stay healthy.

huge gurley fan and i think that injury might get him to slip out of the first because of the culture of the nil to play 100% now. he would be a huge catch if he was available at the 50th pick imo.

and am in total agreement that i think we could find someone or current roster a guy that could shoulder the play till he was ready.

cheers to being a gurley man! haha

Edited by 808

I'd love gurley. Adding a ground and pound offense to our defense is crucial until we get a proven QB ....buuuuut, they aren't going to be running anywhere unless we add 2-3 new OL. Maybe Rex's OL coach and Romans scheme will hopefully help. If we go Rb rd 2, Wishful thinking is we add a guard via FA and can add a solid start in round 3 and hope seantrell/ck pan out fast

Gurley is the player I most covet in this draft for the bills. IMO he will be drafted in 1st. But I am ok with a trade up, especially if we sign one or two new capable lineman by then

As good as he is, history has shown us that drafting rbs in the 1st is not wise draft startegy. They can be found later more than any other position.

As good as he is, history has shown us that drafting rbs in the 1st is not wise draft startegy. They can be found later more than any other position.

historically what is a wise position to draft in first? Who is better option fir bills then Gurley?

I think we can get someone in the 3rd or 4th round. If not, I'd try to shore up the RB situation next year with a combo of FJax, Dixon, and a FA (perhaps Gore), then draft James Connor from Pitt in 2016.

I would take Jeremy Langford in the 3rd or 4th round before trading up for Gurley. Buffalo cannot afford to squander more picks away on a prayer that the kid will fully recover.

I agree with this. Also, we need to solve the OL/TE problem first. That will make any RB perform better.

I think we can get someone in the 3rd or 4th round. If not, I'd try to shore up the RB situation next year with a combo of FJax, Dixon, and a FA (perhaps Gore), then draft James Connor from Pitt in 2016.

I agree with this. Also, we need to solve the OL/TE problem first. That will make any RB perform better.

Gore is like 421 years old and looked done in all the games I watched this year. It's cheaper to just grab a back in the 5th or 6th round, but there is a real chance the organization doesn't feel they need a RB in the draft and I would be cool with that too.

Been a while since I have posted, but something to consider. Being a Carolina Gamecock fan, I have lived in the Lattimore days. With him having gone pro, there was a major question at RB here in Carolina. These concerns where quickly lost when Mike Davis busted onto the scene. Fought nagging injuries this year, but the kid runs angry. Not scared to run through someone. Just thought I would throw that out there. Enjoy flaming :rolleyes:

I do NOT want a RB in round 2. Too many good options in FA and later in the draft...if he wants a Frank Gore type, who not sign...Frank Gore?

There's also Bradshaw, Forsett, Ingram, Mathews, Moreno, Murray, plus this team has 3 backs under contract already for 2015.

It would be a mistake IMO to take a RB before the 5th round.

I would agree with this statement 100%. Bills have a serious need for better Guard play on the OL. I've always thought as well that Scott Chandler didn't get enough credit, but his drops this season have me over it. We need a guy that can be more clutch at TE and we just don't have that.