Bills v Jets in prime time next year?

YoloinOhio

I would call Bills/Jets a lock for the two team's TNF game. A trade for an established QB might be enough to get a Ryan/Belichick SNF or MNF matchup on the schedule

Edited by JM57

I would think that Bills at Jets is a Sunday or Monday Night (if not Thanksgiving). That game is probably bigger than a typical Thursday night.

Dallas, New England and any of those high profile NFC East matchups could be in prime time as well. I am guessing that the Bills have 3 prime time games next year. Over/under?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's been said that Wilson was not a fan of Buffalo hosting primetime games. Perhaps the Pegulas feel differently? I'm sure they want to convey Buffalo as a major sports market given their interests.The media covers the Hell out of those events. I for one love when the Bills are in primetime, that frees up my Sundays.

Guessing it will be a SNF

Nah. Not unless the Jets draft Jameis Winston. Jets aren't a very talent team, and they don't have a dynamic player who draws attention on offense. Bills have Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Dolphins, Pats, Texans, Chiefs on the sked. Much better options for a prime time match-up.

Bills v. Cowboys - MNF

Bills v. Pats - SNF

Bills v. Bengals TNF

Edited by purple haze

I predict the first game Rex returns to NY will be a MNF game.

The Bills with their hard hitting D and Watkins and winning record are a lot more of an attractive draw now anyway.

Or if the first game is in Buffalo it could be that one. The Pegulas probably don't have the problems Ralph did with the games.

Nah. Not unless the Jets draft Jameis Winston. Jets aren't a very talent team, and they don't have a dynamic player who draws attention on offense. Bills have Bengals, Cowboys, Colts, Eagles, Giants, Dolphins, Pats, Texans, Chiefs on the sked. Much better options for a prime time match-up.

Bills v. Cowboys - MNF

Bills v. Pats - SNF

Bills v. Bengals TNF

Unless they use TNF to highlight divisional matchups again next season. That seemed to work well for them in the sense that even if the game was terrible...it mattered as divisIonal games always do.

Unless they use TNF to highlight divisional matchups again next season. That seemed to work well for them in the sense that even if the game was terrible...it mattered as divisIonal games always do.

True. I guess the Jets saving grace is that they HAVE to be TNF once, so in that case it's possible they match 'em up with the Bills.

If Marrone some how gets the job in NYC then we will shirely get a night game.

However, why would they put us on a night game when we've killed them the last few years? The schedule comes out before the draft, otherwise maybe they'd want to draw on early interest in one of the top QB's.

It's been said that Wilson was not a fan of Buffalo hosting primetime games. Perhaps the Pegulas feel differently? I'm sure they want to convey Buffalo as a major sports market given their interests.The media covers the Hell out of those events. I for one love when the Bills are in primetime, that frees up my Sundays.

I believe Wilson did not favor MNF as the Bills have a lot more regional fans than other teams.

I think there's no chance the Bills get a Sunday night game. Those are saved for the league's (perceived) elite teams, combined with the ones that would draw a big audience - New England, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dallas, NYGiants, Philly, Green Bay, Seattle, Denver, etc.

The Bills are more likely to get a Monday or Thursday game. Maybe a Monday night game vs Dallas, but as things are right now, I see it more likely to be a Thursday night game.

I think there's no chance the Bills get a Sunday night game. Those are saved for the league's (perceived) elite teams, combined with the ones that would draw a big audience - New England, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dallas, NYGiants, Philly, Green Bay, Seattle, Denver, etc.

The Bills are more likely to get a Monday or Thursday game. Maybe a Monday night game vs Dallas, but as things are right now, I see it more likely to be a Thursday night game.

BS. ATL had a fair few Primetime games! If I'm not mistaken, it was at least 3 this season, if not 4.

If the Jets were better, we would get a Monday night game. I think it is a lock for a Thursday night game. It will be the Bills-Jets game in NYC. Rex returns to NYC. The media will eat it up and it will be the talk of the week. If Marrone end up in NYC, there may be a small nuclear explosion at the press conference.

Brandon said a while back that the Bills are more than open (now) to being on prime-time. Just need the networks to agree