Marrone a possible candidate for Bears?

YoloinOhio

Speculation arising that Marrone could be a candidate in Chicago now that they have a GM in place with previous ties to Marrone from New Orleans...

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 21m21 minutes ago

MORE: New Bears GM Ryan Pace spent 14 years with the Saints - the last 2 as Director of Player Personnel » http://es.pn/1zXuWzG

@BradBiggs: Ryan Pace was with #Saints when Doug Marrone was offensive coordinator there from 2006 to 2008.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculation arising that Marrone could be a candidate in Chicago now that they have a GM in place with previous ties to Marrone from New Orleans...

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 21m21 minutes ago

MORE: New Bears GM Ryan Pace spent 14 years with the Saints - the last 2 as Director of Player Personnel » http://es.pn/1zXuWzG

@BradBiggs: Ryan Pace was with #Saints when Doug Marrone was offensive coordinator there from 2006 to 2008.

This isn't to bash Marrone. But I always found it somewhat amusing when writers or announcers or fans put two and two together like that and just assume that Guy A and Guy B will want to work together again because they were on the same team 10 years ago, or even a couple. There is just as good a chance they hate each other, or one thinks little of the other, or there are 50 other guys A has also been on the same staff with in those last 10 years. It's different if they are known to be friends, like Crossman and Marrone were. But these things always are very suspect and mean nothing, and often come with the writer knowing nothing about the two's relationship.

I wonder if there were any random reports of "Marrone may tap Bob Casullo as ST coach, they worked together at Syracuse for two years"

At this point, its looking like Chicago may be the only option left for Marrone.

Jets are rumored to like Quinn

Rex will most likely end up in Atlanta

I can see Mike Shanahan back in SF

He def aint coming back to Buffalo

Having said that, he'll prob end up in NY this week, but if not he may be the odd man out.

Boo hoo.

I think the word is out on this guy, I see a career back in College football

I agree one-hundred percent... Marrrone dug his grave when he took the money and ran. But he shut the lid to his coffin, when he trash-talked the Bills' front office, on his way out the door.

Edited by dcjoev

So who calls and asks him if he's interested in trading us Cutler?

#awkward

Ha Ha. LOL - Dougie's gotta get the job first... But the call may not be necessary, if Jay forces his way out to be with Shanny, like Kyle did today for Daddy.

Edited by dcjoev

This isn't to bash Marrone. But I always found it somewhat amusing when writers or announcers or fans put two and two together like that and just assume that Guy A and Guy B will want to work together again because they were on the same team 10 years ago, or even a couple. There is just as good a chance they hate each other, or one thinks little of the other, or there are 50 other guys A has also been on the same staff with in those last 10 years. It's different if they are known to be friends, like Crossman and Marrone were. But these things always are very suspect and mean nothing, and often come with the writer knowing nothing about the two's relationship.

I wonder if there were any random reports of "Marrone may tap Bob Casullo as ST coach, they worked together at Syracuse for two years"

Kinda like Marrone & Monos having a drink together?

Im all wore out on bashing Marrone. That OC in Buff thread did it for me.

Good luck to him.

Was going to say the same thing - I LOVE Marrone and wish him nothing but the best in the future, just as I'm sure he does to my Buffalo Bills!

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 21m21 minutes ago

who cares! Marrone can rot in hell!

Too much negative stories about him with below .500 record no team will take a chance on this bum.Will have to go back and coach division 3 college

The hyperbole on this board is out of control. I'm pretty confident that Doug Marrone's next job won't be as a D III HC. While I agree that he burned some bridges St. Doug will land on his feet.