Post Interview Rumors???

All I know is that Russ Brandon wants Mike Shanahan, and if he gets his way we could see both Shanahan's in Buffalo. Then a trade for a QB somewhere along the way.

I'm actually hoping Brandon gets his way with this choice, along with giving Schwartz a big raise, and promotion to assistant HC.

I think that both Shanahans, Schwartz and a trade for a QB is a very plausible scenario. It may even end up being the best case.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that Russ Brandon wants Mike Shanahan, and if he gets his way we could see both Shanahan's in Buffalo. Then a trade for a QB somewhere along the way.

I'm actually hoping Brandon gets his way with this choice, along with giving Schwartz a big raise, and promotion to assistant HC.

where did you see that Russ wants Shanahan?

where did you see that Russ wants Shanahan?

The assumption seems to be that because RB made overtures to MS before hiring Gailey that he still wants him now. That's not necessarily the case, but I can see why a reporter would connect the dots in the absence of any real information.

GO BILLS!!!

The assumption seems to be that because RB made overtures to MS before hiring Gailey that he still wants him now. That's not necessarily the case, but I can see why a reporter would connect the dots in the absence of any real information.

GO BILLS!!!

ok.. I had totally missed it but did a google search and saw some references to it (Lacanfora). Gonna need some different O-linemen... Edited by YoloinOhio

I am not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but has anyone heard any Post Interview Rumors or Source Leaks?

In the past, I swear we used to hear positive and negative reviews after interviews on occasion. Haven't seen nor heard one yet this off season regarding the Bills Search.

Does the New Pegula Run Office actually have tight lips compared to seasons past?

Looks that way !!

Would you agree that modern scouting is infinitely more successful than generations past? Also, nothing was ever removed. In the next post I said that I shouldn't use ALL (or any absolute for that matter). I guess that I am under arrest by the semantics police.

The point still stands whether it be all (or all with the exception of 2 guys) QBs don't fall through the cracks anymore. It isn't just because scouts have access to WAY more information than they did even a decade ago. It is also in large part that teams are so fearful of missing out on the next big thing that they will gamble in the 1st round on Ponder, Gabbert, or (gasp) EJ. The new CBA allowed for this as well. Teams are not financially hamstrung if these guys don't work out. They would rather swing and miss in the 1st than pass on a guy that develops into a franchise QB.

Just as a quick aside on scouting and technology. We met with the GM of an NBA team as he was scouting players for the upcoming draft and he talked about this very thing. The player that he was scouting at the time was Harrison Barnes. As an example he put on the tape and set the filter. He typed that he wanted to see "every jumpshot off the dribble, going left between 15 and 20 feet that Barnes had shot in the current season." As soon as he hit enter, that's what he had. After that he altered the filter to see "spot up 3's from the left hand corner."

You get the point. This is just an anecdotal story as to the availability of information that is circulating now (that was like 5 years ago). This type of access and analysis is why you see less and less busts and less and less guys falling through the cracks. There will always be exceptions but as time goes on they will continue to be less and less.

Your earlier hyperbole aside, I fully agree with you on this subject. I would go further however and sugest pick #36. Apart from the one notable acception in Wilson, there has been no top QBs selected after pick #36 in over a decade. There has been a couple of guys with a few good years......and a handful of mediocre at best starters......but no franchise guys apart from Wilson.

Pick #36 also makes sense as the worst teams are usually without a franchisd QB......and if there isn't a viable QB to be had in the top 4 picks in the draft, those teams select with their 2nd round pick.

Edited by Dibs