Post Interview Rumors???

Why does everyone think Gary Kubiak would even make a lateral move to a team with no QB, and a bad line? Then the Bills FO haven't said anything about even interviewing the man whatsoever.

The only two remaining people the Bills have waiting to interview are both teams still in the playoffs. Pep Hamilton Indy- Josh McDaniels- NE. The Bills have requested an interview with both, and have yet to receive acknowledgement AFAI

No team has scheduled an interview with Kubiak because he announced he would NOT take part in one until after the Ravens season is over.

Kubiak certainly has the credentials to be a head coach again, but after suffering a mini-stroke during his final year in Houston, he may not want the added stress that comes with it.

If one of the Shanahans gets the Bills coaching gig, Kubiak would be high on the OC list because both of them have worked successfully with Gary in the past. And all it would take for him to leave Baltimore is an offer he can't refuse.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex will go to SF IMO

They have a decent QB, good offensive weapons, and plenty of toys on D for Rex to play with.

Plus it's the 49ers.. A classic franchise

I could be wrong and often am, I don't think so - on either side.

Whoever takes the reins in SF is following 3 successive winning, playoff-contending seasons and a "disappointing" 8-8 year.

The D has been top-10 or better through that run, the O has been 11th on points until this year, slid to 25th. They have stars and proven talent on both sides of the ball.

There is no clear (to me anyway) reason for the decline in offensive production, unless it's "maybe Kaepernick isn't all that and a bag of chips, or maybe the NFL has solved him"

There will be high expectations, or as someone said "nowhere to go but down".

On the Ryan side, does he really want to walk into another sh**storm if the team doesn't win, and win bigger than it did under Harbaugh? It doesn't match his proven interests and skills on D. The D is already top-10; if they stay there, he doesn't get the credit. If they decline, he gets the blame.

On the SF side, they're accustomed to high expectations and strong discipline. Do they really want to take on the media circus that "Sexy Rex" can generate? And despite his strengths as a football man and a coach, his record as a coach is 46-50 with only 2 winning seasons (the first two) in 6 years. Whoever hired him would face a hotbed of criticism for bringing in a <0.500 in 6 years coach if he doesn't win. They would be better off taking a flier on a hot young star.

Edited by Hopeful

I could be wrong and often am, I don't think so - on either side.

Whoever takes the reins in SF is following 3 successive winning, playoff-contending seasons and a "disappointing" 8-8 year.

The D has been top-10 or better through that run, the O has been 11th on points until this year, slid to 25th. They have stars and proven talent on both sides of the ball.

There is no clear (to me anyway) reason for the decline in offensive production, unless it's "maybe Kaepernick isn't all that and a bag of chips, or maybe the NFL has solved him"

There will be high expectations, or as someone said "nowhere to go but down".

On the Ryan side, does he really want to walk into another sh**storm if the team doesn't win, and win bigger than it did under Harbaugh? It doesn't match his proven interests and skills on D.

On the SF side, they're accustomed to high expectations and strong discipline. Do they really want to take on the media circus that "Sexy Rex" can generate? And despite his strengths as a football man and a coach, his record as a coach is 46-50 with only 2 winning seasons (the first two) in 6 years. Whoever hired him would face a hotbed of criticism for bringing in a <0.500 in 6 years coach if he doesn't win. They would be better off taking a flier on a hot young star.

Makes a lot of sense....

Plus they have Seattle, which is a very young team that isn't going anywhere anytime soon, the Rams (who seem to beat only the good teams), and Arizona (who is also stacked with talent).

In Atlanta's division you have Tampa (which is awful), the Saints (who are old and about to crumble completely) and the Panthers (who are tough but nothing too scary)

Assuming SF goes the hot coordinator route, and Rex takes Atlanta things could get very interesting with Shanahan

I doubt he goes to the Raiders. That leaves the Jets, Bills, and Bears. If our ole friend Marrone goes to Chicago Shanahan might have no choice but us.

How funny would that be?

No team has scheduled an interview with Kubiak because he announced he would NOT take part in one until after the Ravens season is over.

Kubiak certainly has the credentials to be a head coach again, but after suffering a mini-stroke during his final year in Houston, he may not want the added stress that comes with it.

If one of the Shanahans gets the Bills coaching gig, Kubiak would be high on the OC list because both of them have worked successfully with Gary in the past. And all it would take for him to leave Baltimore is an offer he can't refuse.

The Bills have not formally requested an interview with him at all, and from what I can gather he isn't even on their radar in any sense or it would have been noted.

The main reason the Bills have not made any moves is because some of the people they interviewed, and have yet to interview are still in the playoffs. Bevell, Quinn, Gase and McDaniels.

Bills and Marrone had an informal discussion about him returning. This could make sense for both sides as bills are concerned they won't find a qualified candidate given their qb situation and competition from other vacancies, and Marrone may be concerned about his chances of landing HC position somewhere else because his prospects with the jets are declining.

Bills and Marrone had an informal discussion about him returning. This could make sense for both sides as bills are concerned they won't find a qualified candidate given their qb situation and competition from other vacancies, and Marrone may be concerned about his chances of landing HC position somewhere else because his prospects with the jets are declining.

Link?

Bull shat

The media and fans would eat him alive, NOT a chance this happens after what he pulled.

is it possible for you to be a bigger idjit or troll? It's getting harder to believe on a daily basis.

That's a pretty bold statement to make without a link and most importantly, one that makes little sense. Polian changing his mind too?

The guy who sells meth to the concession stand workers?

It's not that crazy really. Bills are stuck paying him this year anyway so rehiring him saves them money. This keeps stability with the assistants too. Bills felt they progressed last year, so if they can continue that and win another game or two it could produce the coveted playoffs berth. Pegulas are bridge builders, I can see them working to smooth differences between marrone and brandon. The guys a fracking billionaire, something tells me he's not averse to managing some negative PR for bringing him back. If it saves money, keeps continuity, and is seen as giving a realistic shot at playoffs next year, why not? Edited by JTSP

It's not that crazy really. Bills are stuck paying him this year anyway so rehiring him saves them money. This keeps stability with the assistants too. Bills felt they progressed last year, so if they can continue that and win another game or two it could produce the covered playoffs berth. Pegulas are bridge builders, I can see them working to smooth differences between marrone and brandon. The guys a fracking billionaire, something tells me he's not averse to managing some negative PR for bringing him back. If it saves money, keeps continuity, and is seen as giving a realistic shot at playoffs next year, why not?

It doesn't save them money, it costs them money. He was due to make 4m this year anyway. If they hire him back they owe him 8m. You're digging yourself a bigger hole, which I thought was impossible.

It doesn't save them money, it costs them money. He was due to make 4m this year anyway. If they hire him back they owe him 8m. You're digging yourself a bigger hole, which I thought was impossible.

Nope thats wrong. Hiring a new coach means he gets a contract too and they still pay marrone. Rehiring marrone and both sides agreeing to recind the opt out is the low cost strategy.

stock-vector-confused-emoticon-88861438.

That is not going to happen, too much was said that can not be taken back.Not sure where you heard that crap but I sure there better solutions then bringing back this guy and how he stormed out.

I am sure there are some high schools (Friday night lights) that would want to speak with him.

That is not going to happen, too much was said that can not be taken back.Not sure where you heard that crap but I sure there better solutions then bringing back this guy and how he stormed out.

If both sides feel worse off now that provides incentive to reconnect. I agree there's be some baggage to sort out, but its business and where the economic incentive exists the various parties tend to find a way to make it work.