Post Interview Rumors???

Good for Mr. & Mrs. Pegula to keep the process professional. Class acts.

Why Brandon is still around though worries me, especially after his support of Doug "abandon ship with a mere text" Marrone. With "friends" like Brandon tossing your money around on an inept coach who needs his counsel really...

Hopefully, Mr. & Mrs. Pegula keep him at arms length during the entire process, and then respectfully show him the door.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. The leaks are coaches worried about QB.

Which they should be - Atlanta has Ryan, Chicago has Cutler, Oakland has Carr, who may have looked a bit better than some of the other prospects.

B'lo has EJ and Jets have Geno.

Of the lot, I would say one should be most worried about Chicago (they have a ? at QB with a big contract and a lot of dead money), 2nd most about Jets (we've seen a lot of Geno, and he hasn't looked good), 3rd worried about Buffalo (we haven't seen a lot of EJ, and what we have seen has been mixed), Oakland Carr has looked like a rookie, which is what he is, and not worried at all about Oakland.

So yeah, coaches should express concern but it's not at all like we're the only QB situation and everyplace else is golden

This isn't some top secret operation. There are people all over the place that have heard how it is progressing. People just don't seem to be at a point where they are willing to stake their reputation on predicting the next coach. You will see someone like Tim Graham or Vic Carrucci in the next few days start to leak out info on "the favorites" I would suspect.

Which they should be - Atlanta has Ryan, Chicago has Cutler, Oakland has Carr, who may have looked a bit better than some of the other prospects.

B'lo has EJ and Jets have Geno.

Of the lot, I would say one should be most worried about Chicago (they have a ? at QB with a big contract and a lot of dead money), 2nd most about Jets (we've seen a lot of Geno, and he hasn't looked good), 3rd worried about Buffalo (we haven't seen a lot of EJ, and what we have seen has been mixed), Oakland Carr has looked like a rookie, which is what he is, and not worried at all about Oakland.

So yeah, coaches should express concern but it's not at all like we're the only QB situation and everyplace else is golden

+1

Ok because Albert Breer tweeted Shanahan was on his way to Buffalo for an interview.

I think they are assuming they are going to Buffalo because they are interviewing with the team. That said, the Cleveland people could be wrong but interesting they knew it was Florida when they probably know nothing about Pegula.

Could mean lots of things. If an agent throws that out there, it could be to allow his client to save face if they aren't ultimately selected. It's all a huge spin cycle right now.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Wonder how many of them would have raised the same concern/fears over Jim Plunkett, who in the final analysis is a Super Bowl winning QB.

IMHO, if anyone interviewing cannot grasp that football is MUCH bigger than the QB position we don't need them to waste our time anyway. Brandon has wasted enough time already.

Simply amazes me that Lombardi can win multiple Super Bowls with a lowly drafted QB, but modern day OC's are afraid of the challenge. Thank goodness the likes of Bart Starr came along well before these "experts".

What I find interesting is Ted Black said yesterday Terry is at his home in Florida. Which is strange because all the reports are that Terry is running the interviews. Well we had an interview yesterday and a bunch lined up in Buffalo. So either Ted Black was lying or someone got bad information from their sources.

I guess another option is Black doesn't know what Terry is doing.

Video conferencing is pretty easy to do these days...

Brandon apparently prefers to hang from the ceiling like a bat during the meetings just to see if it throws off the potential candidates.

It's an effective tactic. Tests flexibility.

I hear Belichick does that when interviewing new coordinators. It's why the Patriots' halftime adjustments are so effective.

I have a couple sources telling me that Pegula drinks black coffee in the interviews while Doug prefers bottled water. Brandon apparently prefers to hang from the ceiling like a bat during the meetings just to see if it throws off the potential candidates.

That is complete BS man! WGR is reporting that a website is quoting an off the record comment by a person who has sold and delivered the Buffalo News and watched NFL Network that an unnamed but quality source implied stronly that Pegula uses Truvia in his coffee (not black!!) and Whaley has a Snapple that Brandon opens for while hanging from the ceiling like a bat during the meetings just to see if it throws off the potential candidates. Be a real fan man stop peddling this hater non-sense.

To me this article reeks of speculation that will most likely involve the Buffalo Bills

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455399/article/cleveland-browns-kyle-shanahan-part-ways

Kyle went to the press to air his grievances this week, then he had a meeting with Haslam and it's over. I don't think it has much to do with the Bills but we will see.

FWIW - I read somewhere yesterday that the Rex Ryan interview was going to be at the Pegulas house in Boca. I thought that this was pretty interesting (if true) and might indicate where Rex may stand in the Bills' view if he actuallly got an invite to their home.

Maybe nothing, but I thought it was interesting.

Good for Mr. & Mrs. Pegula to keep the process professional. Class acts.

Why Brandon is still around though worries me, especially after his support of Doug "abandon ship with a mere text" Marrone. With "friends" like Brandon tossing your money around on an inept coach who needs his counsel really...

Hopefully, Mr. & Mrs. Pegula keep him at arms length during the entire process, and then respectfully show him the door.

Brandon makes all decisions based on sales not interested on how it works out for the football side of the business.Hired Marrone because he wanted to tap into Syracuse market and tried selling him as innovative & cutting edge.Why didn't the Browns feel the need to give there coaching hire that same year (who they fired after one season)a 4million opt out clause?Now he is trying to push the Frank Reich angle on everyone (from our glory days).Great sales guy of BS not so good on football decisions.