Schwartz and Pepper mentioned as Giants DC Candidates

BearNorth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pepper Johnson

He's currently the defensive line coach for the Bills, which means Buffalo cannot block him from interviewing for a coordinator's position.

The Newday reporter article interdicts what is written in a number of threads saying the Bills can block lateral moves.

Edited by Koolaid

The Newday reporter article interdicts what is written in a number of threads saying the Bills can block lateral moves.

The Bill can block them if they wish. Teams usually don't if it's going to be a promotion. If the Giants seriously wanted Pepper Johnson to be their DC, it's highly unlikely the Bills would stop it. Now, if Marrone is coach somewhere, like of the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and wanted Pepper Johnson the Bills may block that attempt.

Odd, report came out yesterday or the day before stating that the Giants are keeping both their coordinators. So this sounds like fishy rumors, unless somethings changed in NY

You mean something like the team's official announcement that Fewell and the DB coach would not be returning next year?

Pepper will be allowed to interview for the position but Schwartz will not. That is pretty standard. With that being said, I would guess that next year Schwartz is the top paid DC in the league with the Bills. That will start to trickle down to the position coaches as well. It will be more lucrative to coach in Buffalo than in other places I suspect.

You mean something like the team's official announcement that Fewell and the DB coach would not be returning next year?

Really? Lol...I just read an article in the last 24 to 48 hours saying both were officially staying. Cant trust anything you read or hear this time of year

I was hope they go the Dick LeBeau route, and Schwartz became the defensive fixture that our coach would join.

Also, at what point do we stop giving credit to multiple DC's for outstanding defense, and credit the players that have been the constant?

Btw,

Nix: Dareus, Mario, Bradham, Aaron W. Searcy, Gilmore

Doug: Hughes, Kiko, Preston, Spikes, Robey, Duke,

Our last two GM's knew defensive players...

Edited by JaxBills

He did take over the worst team ever, 0-16, and in the playoffs in three years.

It is a little disconcerting that last year, with Rodgers out and Cutler giving away the Bears season as usual, Schwartz couldn't get the Lions into the playoffs.

Odd, report came out yesterday or the day before stating that the Giants are keeping both their coordinators. So this sounds like fishy rumors, unless somethings changed in NY

Really? Lol...I just read an article in the last 24 to 48 hours saying both were officially staying. Cant trust anything you read or hear this time of year

:D While that is true, official team announcements are a pretty good bet. It did happen this afternoon, too.

I read the same initial "report" on NFL.calm and was surprised that Perry got let go - not because his squad didn't stink this year - but because NFL.calm said he was safe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000454764/article/report-coughlin-to-keep-coordinators-fewell-quinn

Oh well.