Islamic Terrorism

B-Man

You're trying to ascribe common sense to a bipolar guy who was probably unmedicated.

I'm just going on what he said at least 3 times on Saturday.

You're assessment is pure conjecture.

Obama does it either to somehow bash Israel and/or America, or to prop up his flimsy self image that he is smarter than all of us.

He does it to dis them. Same reason HW called Saddam SADam.

Is this a serious question, or one of your attempts at humor?

Neither. It is an attempt to figure out how RDB can spin something to make it look like America's fault.

Here's what I got so far: L>S which means Obama is giving them more credit than the press and everyone else gives them. And L includes lots of places about which Obama isn't too keen. So I'm not sure how that is a dis but that isn't what I'm trying to figure out. I'm trying to figure out how he thinks it is a dis....not how it is really a dis....so I'm scuffling a little bit but I think it can be done.

Obama is dissing them because the L has a lot of.....nah that's not it.

Obama is dissing them because he is making it look like they don't even know their own history or the history that they wish were true? This would allow him to feel smarter than everyone both ISIL and your average dumb American at the same time so maybe that is part of it, but how does that make America look bad since it's all our fault after all?

Personally, I like Hollande's approach to their name although it is a little subtle for me. I'd call them the "Bags of #$^%", or "S$%^bags, Inc.". or something like that.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Neither. It is an attempt to figure out how RDB can spin something to make it look like America's fault.

Here's what I got so far: L>S which means Obama is giving them more credit than the press and everyone else gives them. And L includes lots of places about which Obama isn't too keen. So I'm not sure how that is a dis but that isn't what I'm trying to figure out. I'm trying to figure out how he thinks it is a dis....not how it is really a dis....so I'm scuffling a little bit but I think it can be done.

Obama is dissing them because the L has a lot of.....nah that's not it.

Obama is dissing them because he is making it look like they don't even know their own history or the history that they wish were true? This would allow him to feel smarter than everyone both ISIL and your average dumb American at the same time so maybe that is part of it, but how does that make America look bad since it's all our fault after all?

Personally, I like Hollande's approach to their name although it is a little subtle for me. I'd call them the "Bags of #$^%", or "S$%^bags, Inc.". or something like that.

Why did HW mispronounce Saddam? Just to mess with him. Y'all are trying to make it too complicated. It's like calling the Patriots the Patsies or the Yankees the Yuckies.

I also never said it was America's fault. It does appear to be blowback however.

World leaders have taken to calling ISIS “Daesh,” a word the Islamic State hates.

In light of its more unsavory connotations, ISIS leaders threatened last June “to cut the tongue of anyone who publicly used the acronym Daesh, instead of referring to the group by its full name,” according to the Associated Press.

ISIS=Islamic State of Iraq and Syria

ISIL=Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Levant includes Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Palestine...)

Yes, and Israel as well. So ISIL is an insult how? If I were them I'd think Obama had just ceded me territory because it wouldn't exactly be out of character for the Los Gatos foreign policy.

RDB thinks if I want to insult Beerboy I should call him Beer King.

Edited by 4merper4mer

America sees something, says something...and the FBI plays "Sgt. Schultz."

I recall neighbors to the San Bernadino terrorists saying they wanted to report the couple, but were afraid they'd be called racist.

This is Obama's America. It's becoming everything the left hoped it would be. You get 49 dead gays killed by a gay Democrat Muslim terrorist, and whose fault is it? The NRA and Christian right.

That's not just art...it's change you can believe in.

America sees something, says something...and the FBI plays "Sgt. Schultz."

I recall neighbors to the San Bernadino terrorists saying they wanted to report the couple, but were afraid they'd be called racist.

This is Obama's America. It's becoming everything the left hoped it would be. You get 49 dead gays killed by a gay Democrat Muslim terrorist, and whose fault is it? The NRA and Christian right.

That's not just art...it's change you can believe in.

Will give them a pass on this one. He called the FBI, but didn't have his name or anything descriptive other than "a weird Arab dude was in my store looking to buy ammo & stuff"

Can they install gps tracking devices in every gun made from here on out? That way when a gun shows up at the wrong or suspicious place an alarm can be triggered? Is that even possible?

Can they install gps tracking devices in every gun made from here on out? That way when a gun shows up at the wrong or suspicious place an alarm can be triggered? Is that even possible?

Of course it's possible, but how is GPS going to be tracked indoors?

I (assume) that if they can be "put in, then they could be "taken out"; which any criminal would do.

Fighting Terror with Stupidity
by Jonah Goldberg
What a dumb time to be alive.
In a normal country during normal times, the jihadi terrorist shooting in Orlando in which 49 people were murdered in cold blood — and more than 50 injured — would be a cause for a serious debate about national security. Instead, it has been taken as an opportunity to light a bonfire of the inanities.
Let’s start at the top. President Obama once famously said (more than once, actually), “Don’t tell me words don’t matter.”
Fast-forward to this week, when in a tantrum of biblical proportions, the furious president said . . . words don’t matter.

Responding to complaints from Donald Trump and others that he won’t say the words “radical Islamic terrorism,” Obama huffed, “Calling a threat by a different name does not make it go away. This is a political distraction.”
Never mind that Obama’s passion refuted his own argument. Perhaps he’s right that “there is no magic to the phrase ‘radical Islam,’” but if that’s the case, why the years of stubborn refusal to say it? It’s almost like Obama still thinks “words matter” — he just wants to mock anyone who thinks the “wrong” words matter.
But let’s discuss this “political distraction” business. Before the blood had been mopped up in Orlando, the president and the woman seeking to replace him immediately tried to make the second-worst Islamic terror attack on American soil into anything other than Islamic terrorism.
Over and over again, news outlets uncritically reported on the “common-sense” effort to implement more stringent background checks and get rid of automatic weapons, AR-15s, and other “assault” weapons. Well, automatic weapons — i.e., machine guns — are already essentially banned for civilians. And the weapon used in Orlando wasn’t an assault weapon or an AR-15. As for background checks, they already exist. Moreover, the FBI conducted two extensive investigations into the shooter — a background check far more exhaustive than any proposed checks.
{snip}
Still, for all its stupidity, the gun conversation looks like a debate at the Algonquin Round Table compared with the effort to make the Orlando shooting all about homophobia and gay marriage.
“While the precise motivation for the rampage remains unclear,” the New York Times editorialized, “it is evident that Mr. Mateen was driven by hatred toward gays and lesbians.” “Hate crimes don’t happen in a vacuum,” added the Gray Lady (I’m referring to the Times, not Clinton). “They occur where bigotry is allowed to fester, where minorities are vilified and where people are scapegoated for political gain. Tragically, this is the state of American politics, driven too often by Republican politicians who see prejudice as something to exploit, not extinguish.”
The killer was a registered Democrat. The source of his hatred was not the Christian Coalition but radical Islamism. He stated this motivation clearly during the shooting and for months prior. He reportedly also considered attacking that notorious gay hangout Disney World. Would we be hearing about the pernicious, right-wing, anti-cartoon-character climate if he’d opted for that target?
Maybe we would, because all that really matters to the people who hate saying “radical Islamic terrorism” is that we cling to the right political distractions.

GPS doesn't broadcast position. It tells you where you are.

You'd either have to be with the gun reading the GPS output, or put some sort of additional broadcasting mechanism on the gun. May as well just strap a smart phone to it.