Overplayed his hand - M.Mehta with another gem

Reed83HOF

Not what I saw. But did you look at the original article?

This is getting funny. Popcorn, anyone?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well now that Marrone is in the crosshairs of a lot of people, Casullo stopped by Upon Further Review on ESPN CNY to chat about his former employer and, well, he did not mince words.

So, I guess Bob isn't on the Marrone's Christmas card list.

First of all, you guys know, I've told you all along that when he takes a job, he already has his plan in place for his next job. Okay? Whoever gave him that three-day opt-out clause...his agent is a genius and the person who signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot.

I've said this before...self-centered, selfish, greedy...Apparently the Buffalo people are saying that now...I mean, come on, where are all the assistant coaches in all this, you know? I've been reading articles and it's all coming out now and I don't want to say I told you so, I just sit here, mind my own business and move on.

He'll get a job...cause there's not enough qualified people with head coaching experience to get these jobs. You look at the guys who are capable...there's about nine or ten guys out there who should be getting these jobs and you're reshuffling an egomaniac, less than .500 coach. He has the greatest agent on the face of the Earth.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't hold back, Bob, Tell us what you really think!

I have been at work so I missed out on all of this stuff; but this is just an indictment of our vetting process for hiring this guy. I'm sorry but the people who hired him and are still in the organization all need to be walked out...

Regarding the 3 day clause... John Murphy said tonight that it was in place as a safeguard in case the new ownership moved the team. He said that was the agreement with him and the Bills, and he exploited it in a way it was not intended.

Apparently it should have been worded more specifically.

The clause should have be written the correct way then if that was the intent. This clown and everyone involved in this contract language need to be walked out right now...

The heavy lifiting Polian is talking about is everyone at OBD...

I have been at work so I missed out on all of this stuff; but this is just an indictment of our vetting process for hiring this guy. I'm sorry but the people who hired him and are still in the organization all need to be walked out...

The clause should have be written the correct way then if that was the intent. This clown and everyone involved in this contract language need to be walked out right now...

The heavy lifiting Polian is talking about is everyone at OBD...

I did not catch that, but the clause (I presume) had the same intent as the Parcells clause (same agent) - it kicked in with the transfer of ownership (not relocation).

It was easy for Ralph to agree to that given that he would not be paying it in any event and presumably was not planning on passing away in just two years (the guy was a survivor).

If Marrone does not get an offer from the Jets, I will not be surprised to hear/read spin that Marrone decided he did not want the Jets job for some made up reason.

I think he will end up in worse shape than Mularkey...

Again the analytics will obviously show that he shouldn't have punted with his field position in this game

Will he never learn?

I think he will end up in worse shape than Mularkey...

Again the analytics will obviously show that he shouldn't have punted with his field position in this game

Will he never learn?

This just may be another example of the case of the curse of Nate Odomes.

I did not catch that, but the clause (I presume) had the same intent as the Parcells clause (same agent) - it kicked in with the transfer of ownership (not relocation).

It was easy for Ralph to agree to that given that he would not be paying it in any event and presumably was not planning on passing away in just two years (the guy was a survivor).

My issue if you will is that if it was exploited in a way not intended, it should have very specifically indicated the intent...

Who did the contract on the Bills side with Marrone? Brandon or Overdorf or both? Just giving away $4 million of the new owners money for absolutely nothing. Whomever it was, they should have been fired yesterday.

Who did the contract on the Bills side with Marrone? Brandon or Overdorf or both? Just giving away $4 million of the new owners money for absolutely nothing. Whomever it was, they should have been fired yesterday.

Overdorf negotiates all contracts and the report was that he and Brandon were behind it. So I assume it was Overdorf that drew it up.

Overdorf is the contracts guy.

As for the clause, I'll venture a guess that it had nothing to do with relocation and everything to do with new ownership very likely wanting their own people in charge.

Why would RW or anyone in the org care at that point? Also wouldn't it be the organization's opt-out at that point (IE a buy-out)?

Regarding the 3 day clause... John Murphy said tonight that it was in place as a safeguard in case the new ownership moved the team. He said that was the agreement with him and the Bills, and he exploited it in a way it was not intended.

Apparently it should have been worded more specifically.

That's one way for someone who signed and agreed to that contract in the Bills FO to not look so bad. Because whomever that was should now be looking over his shoulder IMO.

Anyway, I think all this hate for Marrone is a little off the charts. St Doug did after all field a winning team in Buffalo this season, and he did hire both Pettine, and Schwartz. If had hired a decent veteran NFL experienced OC then the team could have been so much better the last two years. Although It probably wouldn't have been that much better considering how bad the acquisitions have been for the O line the last two seasons.

While we are all laughing at Marrone, and wanting him to be the next Jets HC if he takes Nathaniel Hackett with him. Just think if the guy does hire another DC like Schwartz, and then hires a really good NFL experienced OC while he is at it. It won't be so funny then now will it. That Jets O line is far superior to the one in Buffalo. A smart, legit OC might even make Geno look good.

I can see why past employees don't like the guy as he is a task master, a strict disciplinarian, and a control freak. Just like Bill Parcells was.

Don't get me wrong as I'm ecstatic that Marrone is gone, as it means that more then likely OC Nathaniel Hackett is gone. If O line coach Pat Morris leaves and the line looks just as bad it might shed some light on the fact that the Bills need more quality talent for the line.

Marrone's always been a dud. Nothing is about to change now that he's looking for work.

This Mehta dude though. After seeing his picture, I can't take anything he says serious; he looks like he's 15 years old.

It's what happens to us all as we get older. Have you seen a medical school graduation lately? I swear, all those -about-to-be-physicians look about 12 years old.

Why? It probably saved Pegula $4 million.

That's one way for someone who signed and agreed to that contract in the Bills FO to not look so bad. Because whomever that was should now be looking over his shoulder IMO.

Anyway, I think all this hate for Marrone is a little off the charts. St Doug did after all field a winning team in Buffalo this season, and he did hire both Pettine, and Schwartz. If had hired a decent veteran NFL experienced OC then the team could have been so much better the last two years. Although It probably wouldn't have been that much better considering how bad the acquisitions have been for the O line the last two seasons.

While we are all laughing at Marrone, and wanting him to be the next Jets HC if he takes Nathaniel Hackett with him. Just think if the guy does hire another DC like Schwartz, and then hires a really good NFL experienced OC while he is at it. It won't be so funny then now will it. That Jets O line is far superior to the one in Buffalo. A smart, legit OC might even make Geno look good.

I can see why past employees don't like the guy as he is a task master, a strict disciplinarian, and a control freak. Just like Bill Parcells was.

Don't get me wrong as I'm ecstatic that Marrone is gone, as it means that more then likely OC Nathaniel Hackett is gone. If O line coach Pat Morris leaves and the line looks just as bad it might shed some light on the fact that the Bills need more quality talent for the line.

From what I read today this is Marrone's offense. Doesn't matter who the OC is, this offense and the play calling is his baby and it is one hell of a fugly baby

Lol Thurman...

@thurmanthomas: No way????..RT @JasonLaCanfora: Jets still have more candidates to speak to, but I hear Doug Marrone's ... http://t.co/5b8WDpML3U

I loved Thurman's reaction to the news that Marrone opted out.. Too funny...

https://twitter.com/thurmanthomas/status/550426775478890498

Why would RW or anyone in the org care at that point?

They wouldn't care. The contract terms pass to the new owner, so Ralph's proxies never gave up anything.

BTW, these clauses are typically written into CEO contracts as "insurance" (with respect to the CEO) against "change of control events" such as company sales (i.e., where the new owner decides to shiittcan the previous management)...

Edited by Lurker

I loved Thurman's reaction to the news that Marrone opted out.. Too funny...

https://twitter.com/thurmanthomas/status/550426775478890498

They wouldn't care. The contract terms pass to the new owner. so Ralph's proxies never gave up anything.

BTW, these clauses are typically written into CEO contracts as "insurance" (with respect to the CEO) against "change of control events" such as company sales (i.e., where the new owner decides to shiittcan the previous management)...

I saw that right before my twitter feed blew up from the opt out...

awesome

Since when does anyone give a **** what Mehta has to say about anything, much less football? The guy's always had a bit of a screw loose, and given his history of bizarre behavior I'm not sure where he gets off throwing stones. And I don't care what he calls himself, as far as I'm concerned he's still Ron Artest.

Edited by Rob's House

Since when does anyone give a **** what Mehta has to say about anything, much less football? The guy's always had a bit of a screw loose, and given his history of bizarre behavior I'm not sure where he gets off throwing stones. And I don't care what he calls himself, as far as I'm concerned he's still Ron Artest.

:beer:

Marrone was drinking his agents kool-aid a little too much.

If you're a billionaire owner this what Dougie has show he cant do. Develop a young QB. Utilize CJ Spiller. Improve an offensive line. What he has shown is he's thin skinned, think anybody in the league believes the Buffalo media is tougher than larger cities? He's not real loyal. He's power hungry.

If Doug Marrone was QB instead of a coach he would be Rob Johnson or Scott Mitchell. A guy who had some success, but it wasnt as impressive as it looks and was more likely the result of being in the right place at the right time.

Yeah but all the stuff making it hard to move the team only came out after RW had died. So at the time this was signed, no one knew, well probably Littmann knew. Money wasn't going to come out of RW's pocket, so why would he care.

Wait, I thought Ralph made it impossible for the new owner to move the team?!?

Ron Artest is "The Panda's Friend" now isn't he?

From what I read today this is Marrone's offense. Doesn't matter who the OC is, this offense and the play calling is his baby and it is one hell of a fugly baby

Of course, as everyone is throwing Marrone under the Bus so why not his OC.

I'm going to go with the same thought that just like Marrone had no idea that Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz. Marrone lets his assistants do what they want, and that offense was all that arrogant prick Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett sucks, and called 50 passes a game when he wasn't running 71% up the middle.

I'm going to go with the same thought that just like Marrone had no idea that Jerry Hughes was benched by Schwartz. Marrone lets his assistants do what they want, and that offense was all that arrogant prick Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett sucks, and called 50 passes a game when he wasn't running 71% up the middle.

And you don't, in this wild deluded fantasy, think Marrone would stop him if he didn't want him to throw 50 passes a game?

It was Freddie actually. I am quite sure Marrone knew Hughes was off the field and am pretty sure it was him who benched him; you can't trust one thing that Marrone said while he was here - especially now.

I was very hard on Hackett for awhile, but the offensive philosophy and conservatism was all Dougie.

:lol: :lol: AMEN!

It was Freddie actually. I am quite sure Marrone knew Hughes was off the field and am pretty sure it was him who benched him; you can't trust one thing that Marrone said while he was here - especially now.

I was very hard on Hackett for awhile, but the offensive philosophy and conservatism was all Dougie.

i didn't think he would have thrown Pepper Johnson under the bus on that at the time. Saying it was his decision and he didn't run it by him.

But now I don't know.

i didn't think he would have thrown Pepper Johnson under the bus on that at the time. Saying it was his decision and he didn't run it by him.

But now I don't know.

I'd promote Schwartz, Pepper, and keep Hackett as OC. Watch the Bills make the Playoffs, and give a big FU to Doug. :thumbsup:

no, he had to listen to Mark May talk.

Same effect.

gotcha. Yeah, perhaps Mark May and Marrone can coach the Jets!

But now I don't know.

He never should have thrown a coach under the buss anyways; but then again he was concerned about his media rep...

I honestly have no idea on anything anymore - there is too much out there to make heads or tails of it...

Former Syracuse assistant coach rips Doug Marrone

During a local ESPN radio interview Monday, former Syracuse assistant coach Bob Casullo called out Marrone as being "self-centered, selfish and greedy.''

"I've told you guys this all along,'' Casullo said, reiterating his dislike of Marrone. "When he takes a job, he already has his plan in place for his next job.''

"Whoever gave him that three-day opt-out clause -- his agent is a genius and the person that signed it for the Buffalo Bills is a complete idiot,'' said Casullo,

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/former-syracuse-assistant-coach-rips-doug-marrone-1.9776567