Incarcerated Bob Tweet - Marrone

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I continue to support the conspiracy theory that Marrone wanted to bolt for the Jets job all year knowing he had the opt-out, and therefore auditioned for them with his only good offensive performances of the year in those two games.

o_O

And then he will announce that the CFL is really his "dream job" because you can punt on 3rd down.

:w00t::thumbsup::worthy::rolleyes::lol::D:P:flirt:

I nominate this for post of the year! And it's only day 5.

I don't wish D Marrone any ill will, but I don't want him coaching in the AFC East. Personnally, I don't get all the hate for the guy from Bills fans. We have no QB, there's new ownership in place, he had no long term job security, and Doug was most likely going to be fired. If not now than probably in 2015. He could face that uncertanity....OR get paid $4M to do nothing and maybe find a better situation. I don't blame Doug I blame Russ Brandon for writting that idiot cluase into the contract. This organization can't turn the corner with Russ Brandon in the president position.

i'm shocked to see that any of you think Marrone is a good coach. i wouldn't want him coaching my team. i'd take pretty much any of the candidates out there that have been discussed over him. i'm sure the Jets fans are happy that they are going to pass on st. doug

I do think he's a good coach. I don't want him anywhere near the Bills. The two can coexist

I don't wish D Marrone any ill will, but I don't want him coaching in the AFC East. Personnally, I don't get all the hate for the guy from Bills fans. We have no QB, there's new ownership in place, he had no long term job security, and Doug was most likely going to be fired. If not now than probably in 2015. He could face that uncertanity....OR get paid $4M to do nothing and maybe find a better situation. I don't blame Doug I blame Russ Brandon for writting that idiot cluase into the contract. This organization can't turn the corner with Russ Brandon in the president position.

All the hate I have for him is because he quit on his coaches, players and fans.

You could have guessed this was the case when nothing happened after his interview with the Jets. If a team wants you that bad you make an offer asap. It's not like Marrone is such a hot coaching name that he's playing the field.

though what he thinks vs reality may be two different things. he probably left hearing about how hed be everyones #1 choice and hed have the pick of the jobs a week ago. maybe its not just us that he overplayed but the hand with the jets as well

My prediction is that Marrone will make 4 million this year fishing. Or he'll make 4.5 million as an OL coach somewhere.

really i wouldnt be shocked to see him do the position coach/asst head coach route, before being a coordinator.

This may be more about the Jets not losing their 1st due to tampering than them not wanting him. Either way, I would love to see Morone blackballed out of the NFL. He can go turn around some ****ty D1 school again, and in that I mean help them achieve mediocrity.

I agree with this statement. However, I think Brandon can remain in the President role. He just needs to be taken out of football decisions.

He can go turn around some ****ty D1 school again, and in that I mean help them achieve mediocrity.

However, is it a 'turnaround' if they were still below .500? I mean they went from !@#$ing terrible to good, but they were good one season..bad the next. I require consistency to call something a turnaround. I did think Marrone had a shot to make the playoffs here next season.

My thoughts exactly. But, you never know, Slippery Rock may need an OLine coach. Boy, he showed them!

Okay, second time someone has mentioned Slippery Rock on this board in 2 days. What gives?

I dont want Marone putting his stink at my alma mater.

Edited by plenzmd1