Head Coach candidate: Pat Shurmur

YoloinOhio

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess, if you can't land Kelly, it doesn't hurt to speak to the guy that implemented his offense - if for no other reason than to educate yourself on possible offensive approaches with your personnel, or just to hear him evaluate your offensive talent.

Good point!

I would not write off Pat Shurmur as some are ready to do. He has an excellent resume as an offensive coach including OL, QB, and OC. The Browns were then, and are now, the definition of dumpster fire. It would certainly be worth talking to him and getting his perspective on what was wrong with Cleveland, but lack of talent was certainly a huge issue with those teams.

For me, HC experience in the NFL would be number 1 on my wish list. The Bills are close and the last thing we need is someone learning on the job. This is what scares me about the hot coordinator of the year candidates. Shurmur has HC experience, a great offensive resume (including now access to Chip Kelly's offense), and would inherit a great defense and a great DC. Much different situation than in Cleveland during his last go.

One edit: I just looked it up, and his first coaching hire was Dick Jauron, to replace Rob Ryan. That is uninspiring.

Edited by MDFan

We are interviewing everybody

That is what you call a truly exhaustive search , the last interview period for a HC lasted all of like 6 days & 5 so called interviews i think it was to come to St. Doug I for one am glad all of the coaches are being considered it shows the difference in who's now running the show .

The Pegula's have a lot more vested interest than Brandon had & when you hire some one to basically run a Billion $ company you look every where leave no stone unturned !!

Although Schurmer has the experience i didn't like his loan approach to the HC position while in Cleveland !!

Edited by T master

Seriously. I'm lined up for 9 a.m. Wednesday.

I'm set for 9:15, right behind you. Talk fast!

Oh hell nah...

Shurmur is not a head coach. Weak. He is also one of the worst play callers in football.

Well then we can carry on without missing a beat! It's all about continuity I heard. Can he NOT coach the OLine too?